Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Guilty Gear XXAccent Core
nigaichi Offline
Disgruntled Panda

Guilty Gear XXAccent Core

All comments here. >.>

I'm a little disappointed personally. Whatever happened to story and mission mode? The game is good... Don't get me wrong but with the lack of story and mission mode kinda makes it a little less than awesome... What about "ano otoko"~!? What's the deal with ABA? I need a little more substance than just arcade mode... I was hoping for more expansion on the story line. That's what first drew me into the Guilty Gear scene. Mindless fighting can only get you so far. Aside from that the announcer guy?s voice lacks that certain enthusiasm; seems like he?s just going through the motions. He just doesn?t get me as pumped as the last guy did. All in all... It?s good... but not great.
Mad

[Image: panda.jpg]
09-27-2007 05:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Guilty Gear XXAccent Core

Ky and Testament are absolute crack in this game. They were already VERY good and strong characters in Guilty Gear X2 and they are now even faster and Testement even got his beast back for more juggling fun Icon_cry

It's okay overall, I don't mind the game really cause all I do is matches in arcade mode or against friends or whatever.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-27-2007 06:33 PM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

getting the marvel vs Capcom girl to be announcer is the only thing that can save this game..

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
09-27-2007 06:49 PM
nigaichi Offline
Disgruntled Panda

Never heard the Marvel vs. Capcom announcer. And yeah... The characters have gotten major ampage on their stats. It's getting hard to keep up with them. >.> RoboKy vs. Ky is not fun. And since when is RoboKy a womanizer? .... Why would a robot want to get married?Thinking

09-28-2007 05:18 PM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

you've never heard HYPER COMBO FINISH!!! GAME OVER...

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
09-29-2007 03:05 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

nigaichi Wrote:Never heard the Marvel vs. Capcom announcer. And yeah... The characters have gotten major ampage on their stats. It's getting hard to keep up with them. >.> RoboKy vs. Ky is not fun. And since when is RoboKy a womanizer? .... Why would a robot want to get married?Thinking

Man RoboKy hitting on Dizzy totally made me lol when I played the new Guilty Gear. Um...yah I lost to Robo Ky in arcade mode but I am not that good at GG anyway :]

10-02-2007 03:14 AM
nigaichi Offline
Disgruntled Panda

Aaronock Wrote:Man RoboKy hitting on Dizzy totally made me lol when I played the new Guilty Gear. Um...yah I lost to Robo Ky in arcade mode but I am not that good at GG anyway :]

Actually it was Ky that I lost too. And I'm usually a really good player. Cry

And nah Sekaru. I haven't heard "HYPER COMBO FINISH!!! GAME OVER..."

10-11-2007 07:34 PM
DestinedCruz Offline

Guilty Gear XX^Core is a tough one to rate. Personally, I think it's fantastic but I am playing it for what it is actually supposed to be, so I'll provide a little backstory...

Guilty Gear XX was released way back when and was designed primarily around its story and continuing the tradition of fast paced combat, physics defying acrobatics and absolutely gorgeous visuals. The game soon became a massive success on home consoles and it's absolutely incredible system was adopted to becoming one of the primary tournament games of choice.
Unfortunately, what GGXX completely lacks is a sense of real balance, as characters such as Sol and Venom are completely off the deep end in terms of power and combo ability. Hell, Sol actually has an infinate combo glitch in that game!

GGXX#Reload (Sharp Reload) was released in Japan to even out the playing field and reduce balance issues. the story mode was kept in but this re-release was primarily about balancing the game and retooling the system slightly. As the game did not feature any actual new content, SCEA refused a release of the game on foreign shores.

GGXXSlash was released some time later. Once again, in terms of balance the playing field was evened out even more, and new characters Order-Sol and ABA were added into the mix, along with an absolute bucketfull of new EX versions of characters, new stages, extra music and new features. ARC System Works removed the story mode form this title due to the fact that anybody who would be playing this game had already played XX. The system was also updated even more with the inclusion of Dust moves.
Once again, a lack of new content prevents this game from reaching US shores.

GGXX^Core (Accent Core) is the latest in this new tradition of reworkings of GGXX. The system is almost a complete overhaul of XX at this point, Order-Sol and ABA still remain in the roster (Also for the origins of ABA, I suggest playing Guilty Gear Isuka. Order-Sol is actually a version of Sol from about ten years in the past when he fought in the Holy Order Knights alongside Ky), and there is plenty of new stages and 4 versions of each character, along with a choice of 4 different previous Guilty Gear systems to play your matches in.
Due to the fact that Guilty Gear XX is really old by now, and the game is almost completely different by this point, Accent Core is granted a release stateside.

Accent Core is still actually Guilty Gear XX story wise, there is absolutely nothing new in the plot. The removal of Story is primarily to focus the game around the more hardcore GG players, yet the game is still an absolute blast to play with your friends. Especially considering Guilty Gear is a game you can just watch and have fun with as it's just like watching a cool anime fight :D

I know this is a crazy thread revival, but it caught my eye. I hope this was an eye opener for you :D :D :D
11-06-2007 06:34 AM
YouKnowWho Offline

So I only started playing Guilty Gear over the summer. I was so addicted to it it wasn't even funny. Now I only played the PSP version, and apparently that wasn't a very good one, but I was interested in buying Accent Core. The PSP version lacked a story mode (other than this really gay sidescrolling combat thing), but Arcade mode was pretty good.

I was also thinking about trying some of the older ones, but I think I'll still try this one, seeing as I liked just the plain arcade mode on the PSP version.

By the way, Chipp Zanuff all the way :o
11-06-2007 12:47 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Chipp seems like he got a buff in Accent Core, he plays a lot better now or something it seems like.

*Plays Dizzy and sometimes Baiken*

11-06-2007 01:36 PM