Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Few Things I noticed
Slave Angel Offline
Beautiful World

Few Things I noticed

I noticed this on a few eA servers and I think it's bad coding from the Dev's.

If not then I apologize but i'm used to Aegis, just thought i'd let you know what i've found so far.

You can't teleport/use Fwings inside of some dungeons/towns. For Example, you should be able to use teleport and fwings inside the Thief Farm, or in Juno(Yuno).

Also, you don't gain exp in the Thief farm(when you're supposed to. Atleast on Aegis you are)

I'll let you know when I find something else. I'm not sure if you wanted it this way or not but I just wanted to make sure. It would be handy if the maps that you're supposed to be able to memo/teleport/fwing on were fixed. If you want a list I can go through and let you know which ones should be fixed.

Thanks again and sorry to bother you.
09-30-2007 12:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ryxingeir Offline
waffooo!!

RE: Few Things I noticed

not sure about the thief farm stuff - but i do know that you aren't supposed to be able to teleport in Yuno, used to be able to, but they disabled it with the introduction of Ein and Lhz so that people couldn't teleport to get free rides on the airships

[Image: so2vjd.png]

[Yuri - baby assassin]  [Coral Ways - high wizard]
09-30-2007 01:28 AM
Asumi Offline
Fallen Angel

Slave, I <3 your DP, oh how I <3 it...

[Image: Asumi_Sig.jpg]

[Image: voteherobanner1kb.gif]
09-30-2007 01:55 AM
Teot Offline
Veteran from Afar

I'm pretty sure yer NOT supposed to gain xp in the thief farm or teleport in the places you mentioned. I think the new updates had that made on purpose since thieves would lvl in an easy spot forever and as mentioned above, you'd get free air rides. Sorry.

SuperNatural~ Wizzy
Teot~ The Orange Priestess
FruitLoops~ Smith
[Image: teotbanner2.jpg]
09-30-2007 02:11 AM
Slave Angel Offline
Beautiful World

if You like I could go get proof on Aegis right now. It's been like that since as far as I can remember(5 years or so)

And yes, all those maps are allowed. Again I can get screenshot proof if you need it.

Considering iRO is at 11.2 and it's still like that. I'd say it's not anything new. Since eA has been like that for years.
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2007 02:17 AM by Slave Angel.)
09-30-2007 02:16 AM
Pure Offline

Lol wtf, these changes have occured like 2 years ago. You're way outta date man.
09-30-2007 06:40 AM
Slave Angel Offline
Beautiful World

Lol i'm really not. I'll get proof in a few. Before accusing me of being wrong i'd appreciate it if you actually had hard evidence yourself.

Asside from that if you haven't played kRO, iRO or any Official server you can't say yourself that that infact is how it's supposed to be.

eAthena is an emulator, under no circumstances is it legit in any way. The Dev's themselves claimed they'd made some mistakes and that if you see them, you should state otherwise so that they can fix them. Now if i'm in the wrong and it's only an iRO thing, i'll admit it. But iRO GM's have stated themselves, that they do not like traveling too far from the road kRO takes. Hence, I highly doubt the accusations made towards me, stating that i'm in the wrong are facts.

Also, on the note of leveling for ever in the farms. Well that may be true here, but under 1x rates that's highly unlikely to happen. No one stays in there longer than they have to. Unless they're botting.

Thanks for the opinions on the matter, though.
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2007 09:05 AM by Slave Angel.)
09-30-2007 08:59 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

If you can get proof about current kro or iro, I suggest you provide it to eA so they can change it, eA isn't official but it's out emulator and it's as official as we can get sometimes.

Aegis is stolen code from gravity btw, it's closer to official server in terms of game mechanic, but it does not make it up to date.

I don't have any proof of how things are supposed to be either way, but for now they are staying as is, I wouldn't consider them huge issue anyway, like you said for thief cave, you don't stay there for longer than you need. And with the custom warper system you can easily get to any town/dungeon. If you need to get anywhere specific in Yuno a little walking wont kill ya ^_^;

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-30-2007 09:30 AM
Teot Offline
Veteran from Afar

I hate walking, Peco riding for all classes plx!
Icon_razz

SuperNatural~ Wizzy
Teot~ The Orange Priestess
FruitLoops~ Smith
[Image: teotbanner2.jpg]
09-30-2007 09:37 AM