Total 37 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FFA MVP Summoned With Quests
Kaoreii Offline
I wonder as I wander out under the sky

RE: FFA MVP Summoned With Quests

My (seemingly unpopular) opinion is MvPs should not be free-for-all. But since I don't MvP...like, EVER (I've killed Garm a couple times, but only for the hat) I'm not going to vote.

[Image: tHkNZ.gif]
10-16-2007 07:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Bosses are free for all simply because so few of them spawn in such far off times that well, it makes it fun and challenging to see who can get the boss first now doesn't it?

At least you guys here don't allow low tricks like healing the mvp and safetywalling it and crap here so I think they should be FFA to kill, even the quest ones.

You should be totally prepared to at least have a chance to kill the quest bosses if you summon it. If it really worries you people so much about Ktull, make him hard enough he requires a party to pretty much kill. That's about all I can say to that.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-16-2007 07:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
silvanel Offline
Banned

Ktull does need a party to kill... questable mvp such as Ktullanux shouldnt be FFA especialy since you can only summon him once...
10-16-2007 08:34 PM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

I think you should make the Ktull quest repeatable. People won't complain about there one shot at Ktull being wasted and it's not going to be abused.

All MVP should be FFA under one circumstance. Nobody is attacking it. If there is a party there already killing it then you should not be able to attack unless they ask for your help. If they die then go right ahead. If you stumble upon an MVP which is hurt already then go right ahead and kill it. If the person who died shows up later they no longer have rights to that MVP. People won't get there MVPs 'stolen' and we won't have a bunch of half HP MVPs walking around that nobody can touch for fear of KS.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
10-16-2007 11:40 PM
Asumi Offline
Fallen Angel

I can recall a few times attempting, and now that I'm SinX, actually killing MvPs, and quite frankly when a Sniper or Champion comes along and laughs as you die then kills the MvP....it gets quite irritating. I have always played that MvPs are FFA, but some people should have a little more respect to what others are doing.

RE: Pre-Ktul quest exploded in my face, I would like a little help with it if would wouldn't mind...This thread explains my problem a little bit more. http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=3542

>>I also agree to MvP quests like Ktul being repeatable.

[Image: Asumi_Sig.jpg]

[Image: voteherobanner1kb.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2007 02:00 AM by Asumi.)
10-17-2007 01:58 AM
Former-GM-Auron Offline
GM-Dolly supreme

Kadar Wrote:I think you should make the Ktull quest repeatable. People won't complain about there one shot at Ktull being wasted and it's not going to be abused.
I see a huge window for abusing a repeatable summoning quest. Since it can be repeated you can do it at any time any number of times, so it's possible to summon the mvp every 30 min or so or while the party is allready killing the mvp 1 person can be redoing the process to summon it and once the mvp is dead you resummon, rince and repeat. With a well prepared team and time it's easy to do and completly destroy the economie and outbalance the power of certain players over others.

MVPs should stay FFA but maybe creating a BB room wouldn't be a bad idea. Putting MVPs under KS rule will result in mvp camping by certain individuals and just be plain annoying on the long run.

Having to wait 2 days just to kill your mvp once since 1 person camps it non stop and makes sure not to die and taking all the time needed to kill the mvp, 30min+, is something I've experienced and find it just frustrating and I'm an extremelly patient person when needed but this can ruin the game for someone who isn't patient.

I say FFA for MVPs except maybe BB if a room is made for it, otherwise FFA.

The Legendary Joe Wrote:
Kaoreii Wrote:auron-sama is the forum cleaner :D
Dolly Extrodinair, GM of Many sizes, and Forum Janitor =o
That's me. Icon_biggrin[Image: GM-Auron.gif]
10-17-2007 03:37 AM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

Put a check on the npc to see if ktull has been summoned within the last 2 hours. No abuse.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
10-17-2007 04:00 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Kadar Wrote:Put a check on the npc to see if ktull has been summoned within the last 2 hours. No abuse.

Then the same team of people can be taking the quest nonstop because they know precisely when the 2 hour (or whatever the time interval is) will end... People just need to camp the quest on top of the MvP then, instead of just the MvP. In the end, those who wanted to take a shot at the quest MvP will not get the chance to in the end...

Namin? agrees with Mr. Auron that all MvPs should be FFA... DB and BB are best left for another topic.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
10-17-2007 04:57 AM
exwing Offline
Ex

there are times when poeple just abandon an MVP becuase they are too hard or they are just messing around with an MvP leaving it at a quarter HP, ktull being one of the few abandoned MvPs becuase you need a strong team and a little bit of time to kill this MvP. so i think all should be free for all.

main idea being that you still need a big party, effort and good skill to kill Ktull.

the idea of it being normal respawning... would have to have the drops really low around the 5% or lower, becuase you can always hunt it down.
10-17-2007 08:45 AM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

All FFA. If you can't kill a regular MVP fast enough, or put together a party that can knock 50% of a quest MVP before a SINGLE player, don't go MVPing.

And oh, for those who complain "My party tanks the MVP and an LK comes along and blabla". How about you just back off the quest-MVP, let the uber LK fight it solo, then get back to the MVP? I promise you all quest MVPs can kick the ass of any dumb player that thinks he/she can solo the MVP. They are specifically made to be killed by parties.
10-17-2007 10:56 AM