Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gravity Error
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Gravity Error

I didn't save the message it sent, but I heard some people complaining on main and saw someone respond to their complaints about Gravity Errors during WoE by saying that they thought it had something to do with fish. I had not had a Gravity Error in over a month until I started using fish two days ago. Here's my observations:

I used fish normally with no error whatsoever, but then I tried to take Fish to Amatsu Level 1 w/ Firelocks. I would teleport around heal-bombing the firelocks and when my SP was low I would eat a bunch of trout. Then I would teleport again - everything fine. However, if I had two back-to-back teleports I ALWAYS got the gravity error as I selected "Random Location" from the teleport menu.

I never got it any other time, and I've only ever gotten such an error while using/carrying trout (maybe any fish? don't know - haven't tested). I'm not writing this to complain, just trying to help single out situations in which fish might cause Gravity Errors to try to help you guys out. If you already knew about this particular situation, I apologize for wasting time. Icon_biggrin

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
10-19-2007 10:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Astroboi Away

RE: Gravity Error

I've been having very frequent errors lately (since I'd say the 1st ocrober patch) while teleporting/using fly wings, especially in dungeons. I've never linked them to fish, but you might be right since i pretty much always carry some.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2007 02:58 PM by Astroboi.)
10-19-2007 02:57 PM
Panday Offline

i thought it was only me who had problems with this but clearly i am mistaken. i got gravity errors from just random places
10-19-2007 03:44 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Tifa was the one who came up with the conclusion that it might be related to fish. But a lot of people carry fish on them so its hard to figure out. Someone told me they had errors while not having fish on them as well.

Anyhow, let me know if you see any difference with the second october patch, I've made some changes.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
10-19-2007 04:14 PM