Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Happy Halloween!
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Happy Halloween!

Do you guys really find it fair to give a niff set of items to hunt to mages in general? Heck even as trans prof will still easily die to anything down in niff nearly. Not all of us Panda have time to make other characters for pvm, my sage is really all I have right now since I am trying to make prof.

I'm very lucky to have gotten the Geffen Dungeon set, I can handle that but I don't know if many other mages were really able to. I am also very lucky to have the lovely Miss Rika help me with getting the golden hairs as I never would have been able to, not without wasting quite a number of pots, and money I don't really want to squander so stupidly.

I feel like people should have been able to only need minimal help if they were going to do this quest, not have to play a whole 'nother character to even attempt to possibly do it on their own.

For once priests-the ones who as I said I think probably have the most difficulty going through quests mighta had it really easy this time around, but at the loss of making it almost impossible for mage class *Wiz Trans I think could handle doing Niff if he's smart, but then some of the monsters down there even frozen seem to have really high mdef*

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-01-2007 01:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

First of all, please don't direct your anger at me about this quest.

Secondly, there are many item gathering quest in RO that would be easier for certain class and harder for others. But players can trade or use other classes if they have, or just be patient and do it even if it's harder for their class. Granted nif monsters have mdef, but I still think it very doable for a wiz.

No this quest was not meant for low level characters and was also not meant to be "piece of cake", some quest are easy, some are average and some are really hard. I'd say this one is average.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-01-2007 02:00 PM
Loki Offline
Posting Freak

I don't really see what was so hard about getting a party to hunt the items let alone hunting them with other people on other characters, nobody said you had to get them on the character doing the quest. But all that aside, the npcs you are sent to after the first one (minstrel/maid) was random then went back into a linear story based on the random one you got.

The quest wasn't made under the impression that "oh we're gonna make it hard for this class" or "oh it's really gonna be difficult for this allegiance". It was just supposed to be moderately difficult overall. Maybe not as difficult and frustrating it was for some at times, but it was overall meant to be a new experience, and once everyone got through the quest I even got a few apologies for them losing their cool Icon_lol and they said they enjoyed the quest as it was something "new and fresh".

Either way, if it was trouble for you then sorry you had it, but overall I'll finish with i hope everyone had a fun and good Halloween.

[Image: Loki-Sig_zpsd461cd88.gif]
11-01-2007 02:22 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

New and fresh, yes, but sir still has to die >_>; *stabs*

Doubtful that any quests are meant to be always compatible with every character... and hence why most players have multiple characters to suit to the different occasions. Namin?'s main character is still a FS High Priest who has no sense of damage output at all except Arctic wing, and hence why she made a Monk and a Soul Linker to have different options against various enemies depending if the target in mind has a higher def or mdef.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
11-01-2007 02:45 PM
Rika Offline
Angel of Infinity

I must say I didn't mind the quest so much after I took the time to just look at it. Although, I enjoyed helping direct others more than getting items myself xD

In the future I would like to see perhaps two quests available? Say, we keep the hard quest but add a nice simple one for all our newer players we have been receiving lately to participate in. Of course prizes should remain consistent with the level of the quest.

Side Note : Make the autumn leaf kitties pets D: They're so cute >.<

[Image: livingcolor.jpg][Image: soulessence.jpg]
Angel Empire♥
Rika[Assassin Cross]    -    Aorie[High Priest]
11-01-2007 07:09 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Quest and Strange man will be removed at 8 PM Sharp.

~ Server Admin ~
11-01-2007 07:26 PM
Loveless Offline
Beautifully Broken

The Hollow Poring was cool, but he also was a very laggy thing... :S
11-01-2007 08:15 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Hehe sorry about that, well he's gone for good now ^_^

~ Server Admin ~
11-01-2007 08:39 PM
Jasper Offline
Don't do drugs kids :O

WEll that sucks : / i searched for GM Loki for about a week and a half....never got a hold of him hence never got the wings......

[Image: 223968_1188249704copy.jpg]
Tripp - 99/70 High Wizard
Acid Tripp - 96/6x Creator
J Vigil 9x/6x? Lord Knight
My siggy Icon_sad
11-01-2007 10:17 PM
Loki Offline
Posting Freak

I talked to your high wizard O.o but you could've pmed me on the forums ._.

[Image: Loki-Sig_zpsd461cd88.gif]
11-01-2007 11:04 PM