Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
heRO Screen Contest INFO/ENTRIES ( MAR 15 2006)
GM-Feith
Unregistered

heRO Screen Contest INFO/ENTRIES ( MAR 15 2006)

Hi Everyone!

I think many of you were waiting for this to happen, here it comes : the heRO Screen Contest.??As a result for this, you may see your image in-game, when the game is loading between maps. You have to choose between three categories : Screen Shot, Digital Art, Artwork.

Every category is based on Ragnarok, so do not introduce other features like animes, other games, music bands and such.??Only Ragnarok relative content please.

I'm giving you a template, a .psd, for photoshop users, and you have to use it??to create your image.??I'll explain about it later.??***Don't worry if you don't have any idea how to use photoshop or if you dont have it.??Be sure to post your creation and you in-game name, i'll make it for you.***

Let me explain the categories :

Screen Shot : This is about an in-game screen-shot, using the printscreen button on your keyboard.??For this one you have to be original and think.??Since almost everyone is able to make Screenshots, be sure you have something really interesting.??You can make it funny as a joke or show us some beautiful landscapes or show us something that happenned in an event and you think that is important for heRO Players.??Those are examples, i'm sure you'll be able to find something.

Digital Art : This is for Photoshop skilled users.??You have to create an image, a composition using Ragnarok images found over the ragnarok official website (iRO or kRO).??Using other's property such as fan arts will be automatically disqualified, use the offical stuff.??You may use your own screenshots tho.

Artwork : Illustrationists, this is for you!??This is about fan art of Ragnarok.??Show us what are your drawing skills.??You may post your sketches but make some arrangements, like using the levels/curves for more contrasts.??There you can use alot of stuff such as ink, watercolors, acrylic, coloring pencils, photoshop, painter...

The rules:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

- Every participants may post ONE IMAGE in EVERY category
- One participant can win in ONLY ONE category
- Be sure you are using the template. If not, considerate your image will be inside the template.
- Be sure you read everything in this post before you start.
- Use the procedure given to you to upload your image.
- If you have any questions, post in THIS thread.

Uploading procedures :

- Choose a website such as photobucket.com or your own FTP
- Upload your image ,.jpg ONLY, using the proper method (keep your original)
- Then post the LINK, not your image, i want only THE LINK of your image in this thread with your IN GAME NAME please.
- I'll update my post with Every links for each categories.

Using the template

Okay first download the .psd file here :
http://www.hero-server.net/personal/gm-f...mplate.psd

You'll have something like this :
[Image: screen_contest_template.jpg]

In this file you have the exact dimensions of the loading screen.??Do not alter the dimensions. All you have to do is to follow the layer's instructions.??The red rectangle is where the loading bar will appear, you can hide it is just to help you.??Every locked layers need to be remain locked, do not change, move, hide them.??Use the grey field to work and everything will be perfect.

------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to replace these :

"Your Name"??> Your ingame name
"DD/MM/YY"??> The contest's deadline
"Your category"??> Screen Shot, Digital Art, Artwork.

***Don't change the color or the font.
-------------------------------------------------

You can change the "loading.." text, you can add more text, and the rest is up to you.

The "wide screen effect" is ONLY for the screenshot category.??Hide it if you don't need it.

I put some guides to help you with your text, you can hide them when you are working.??(View > Hide Guides.)

About the missing fonts, don't worry about them, if you do not change the locked layers, the font will remain the same.

The jury is Pandora and I so far.

The Prize for every winner (each category) will be :

- 10 Allegiance Points
- 100 000 zennies
- 1 OCA
- 2 OPB
- and a Ph. D. Hat[/b]

Here is an exemple i made in 15-20 minutes :

[Image: screen_contest_exemple.jpg]

GOOD LUCK!
11-12-2005 06:17 PM
GM-Feith
Unregistered

RE: heRO Screen Contest

updated with prizes!
11-13-2005 12:39 AM
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

GM-Feith Wrote:In this file you have the exact dimensions of the loading screen. Do not alter the dimensions. All you have to do is to follow the layer's instructions. The red rectangle is where the loading bar will appear, you can hide it is just to help you. Every locked layers need to be remain locked, do not change, move, hide them. Use the grey field to work and everything will be perfect.

Can I reduce fill/opacity of let's say the hero logo so it melds better with the back or must it stay fully opac and no transparencie? (OMG so many spelling errors!)

[edit]
GM-Feith Wrote:- Every participants may post only ONCE in every categories

So we can only enter one work per category? :S
[/edit]

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2005 02:56 AM by Tenshi.)
11-13-2005 02:53 AM
Find all posts by this user
Cessy Offline
Seals for Breakfast

Sounds good! I'll post my entries for screenshot and digital art in the next week. Probably a new digital art too instead of the one I posted in my artwork thread.

Question: Can we make minor edits on the screenshot? Like text and small additional pictures?

[Image: cessysynesthesiasig18nw.jpg]

[Image: voteherobanner1kb.gif]

ign: Cessy
11-13-2005 02:56 AM
GM-Feith
Unregistered

@Tenshi

Opaque. No Opacity change.

--------------------------------
One work per category

@Cessy

You may add some text like "Look at our lovers!" To help us to understand what your Screenshot is about. NOT A WHOLE TEXT tho Icon_smile (I'm just thinking about Tenshi's sig Icon_razz ) One or two little sentences. Thats all. No additional pictures, otherwize it's a montage and its more about the Digital Art Category.

----------------------

I know i'm a little strict but it is to keep an uniformity in heRO's design and also to reduce Pizza-Design Abuse. XD

If you wanna know what is a Pizza-Design just ask me. XD
11-13-2005 03:05 AM
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

What's pizza-design feith?

11-13-2005 03:51 AM
GM-Feith
Unregistered

something like that :
http://www.dustbrothers.com/

XD

This reminds me ALOT when i just started to learn multimedia....aahh i appreciate those old-time memories.. :D
11-13-2005 04:42 AM
Cessy Offline
Seals for Breakfast

GM-Feith Wrote:something like that :
http://www.dustbrothers.com/
.__.
the moment i opened it i was like "ARGH MY EYES... AND MY EARS!!!"

[Image: cessysynesthesiasig18nw.jpg]

[Image: voteherobanner1kb.gif]

ign: Cessy
11-13-2005 04:58 AM
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

ummm ewww!
my eyes hurt from that site -_-;;
sniff~

11-13-2005 05:50 AM
Yetipunk Offline

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/y...stcopy.jpg

I guess... I don't have much time so I found my prettiest screen shot and put it in with the template. I think its a little small... O.o

coocoocachoo
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2005 06:21 AM by Yetipunk.)
11-13-2005 06:21 AM
Thread Closed