Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Counter Skill
_Wind_ Offline
True Meaning of Fear: Me

Counter Skill

Just a suggestion to make the knight class, which is meant to be a strong, powerful class, useful again.

At present, the skill "counter attack" counters normal physical attacks. Which is pretty crappy, seeing how it's labelled as one of the knights best skills, yet its useless in fighting higher level monsters that regularly use skills, and in pvp/woe where no one really attacks normally.

There is an option to change this - counter can in fact counter some skills aswell. Nothing stupid, like countering a magic attack or a huge area of effect attack, but just counters physical skills such as "bash" or "sonic blow" for example.

This could help knight to regain its role as a useful class, as its easily outdone by others such as assassin, hunter, crusader..
Yes you can make a powerful knight, but only if you spend months getting certain cards. And you can do that with all classes anyway. This alone could make knights equal to other classes.

Anyway, i've tested it out, and it doesn't do much damage. Basically does a single critical hit to a successful counter, which arent to powerful for a knight. What this would do is make person attacking the knight have to think of something better then just constantly using one skill over and over again.

|More Awesome suggestions will be thought up of later!~|( If i can be bothered )

Leader of the Former ~EX -Freelancer-

[Image: dssignature6zq.jpg]

If you Keep fighting, you'll be defeated eventually -
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2005 07:18 PM by _Wind_.)
11-12-2005 07:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Balmung Offline
Knight of Midgar

RE: Counter Skill

I've seen this on some servers, also on the official ones, its possible to counter skills such as Guillotine fist using this (its the only move in the game that is suppose to block this skill).

However im not sure GM will want to change it.
11-13-2005 02:36 AM
Cessy Offline
Seals for Breakfast

That's just retarded. A counter knight who's able to stop an asura, SB, spiral pierce, sac rit, smite, pierce, bash, PPS, and OCCULT would dominate all other physical attack classes in PVP/WOE.

No, just no. Knights are still extremely powerful without uber cards/items and if you don't believe that then you've never seen them played properly.

I don't even know why you say "its easily outdone by others such as assassin, hunter, crusader.." In what way? Spiral pierce and berserker LKs are very strong and can demolish even the best of other classes if played correctly, and that's still without uber cards/items.

"What this would do is make person attacking the knight have to think of something better then just constantly using one skill over and over again."
Yea, that person would have to...
1. resort to normal physical attacks which can still be countered
2. resort to magic attacks which IS NOT AN OPTION FOR MANY BUILDS
3. call for help while not fighting back
4. cry in a corner and wait to die

[Image: cessysynesthesiasig18nw.jpg]

[Image: voteherobanner1kb.gif]

ign: Cessy
11-13-2005 03:10 AM
LightRocket Offline
Mandeh Man

_Wind_ Wrote:This could help knight to regain its role as a useful class, as its easily outdone by others such as assassin, hunter, crusader..
Yes you can make a powerful knight, but only if you spend months getting certain cards. And you can do that with all classes anyway. This alone could make knights equal to other classes.

I've never easily been outdone as a Knight by other classes (except the instacast wizards and instacast Asura Monks of my old server), unless they're advanced classes. I've been brought to a halt by good shield Saders, but never dominated. And, I've been halted again by Hunter's traps, but that's a bit of a given. And, believe me, I've never spent months getting certain cards. Just ask Wand, he knows the full depths of my laziness. :X I will agree, the counter skill is pretty bleh in PvP/WoE, at least in my experience, since it most people prefer skills to agi builds (and even agi builds have attack skills that they'll use if they need to), but pretty much each class has a bleh skill or two.

Cessy Wrote:I don't even know why you say "its easily outdone by others such as assassin, hunter, crusader.." In what way? Spiral pierce and berserker LKs are very strong and can demolish even the best of other classes if played correctly, and that's still without uber cards/items.

LKs are a great class if used right. :X If one knows how to build and play an LK, they can do a heck of a lot of damage. But, I think maybe he meant just Knights, and not LKs.

Sorry if I lost coherancy somewhere in the middle of this post.

Five hundred doors
and forty more
I think are in Valhalla:
Eight hundred heroes
go through a door at once
When they go to fight the wolf.
11-13-2005 03:40 AM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

Knights, already are one of the best classes for PvP in melee combat,
especially agi knights,
counter works just finr as it is.
Ive played knights a wihle now and I know how well counter works,
Ive even MVPed using counter before XD

If you know what your doing knights are fine as is.
"btw, knights > sins"

You dont need all the fancy cards and stuff, just konw what your doing :3 You'll see great things =)
11-13-2005 07:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply