Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Small Reward
Rika Offline
Angel of Infinity

RE: Small Reward

I don't believe we should have double rates, seeing as 10/10/6 is a huge difference compared to 5/5/3 while a 6/6/4 is more reasonable.

5/5/3 Rates
Geographer - Base Experience 13575
Job Experience 10000

10/10/6 Rates
Geographer - Base Experience 27150
Job Experience 20000

We'd kill the server with such an increase in rates D:

As for the ToH, as nice as it would be that's depending on if the GM's can take time off for the six hour event Cry

Could make things more interesting by creating a hat that gives bonuses during event time only (as much as they are depressing when events over). That way we'd have a way of remembering and enjoying.

[Image: livingcolor.jpg][Image: soulessence.jpg]
Angel Empire♥
Rika[Assassin Cross]    -    Aorie[High Priest]
11-03-2007 09:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spire Offline

What about a headgear that gives stat+ or chance to get oca (not gonna happen I know Cry ) for a limited amount of time. Just like they do in Iro with special events :D Example I know That they also have gears that give increased exp for a short amount of time, that could also be a good idea :D

VaIor: Paladin 9x/6x, Valor: High Priest 99/70, Valor's Chemist: Creator 9x/6x, Weaver: Clown 99/70, Blank: Stalker 9x/6x, Spire: Sniper 9x/6x
Current project: Farming zeny to buy stuff to put my cards in! Whistle

I am a proud member of The 'Wine Brewing Society'. If you are interested in joining, look for a representative in aldebaran. Or make a post in our guilds forum thread!
11-03-2007 10:08 PM
Jack Skellington Offline
The Pumpkin King

If everyone is so trigger happy about getting +exp (Don't know why you want it so much, not like this game is THAT hard with 5 rate as it is) but why not think about making a gear that gives like +10% exp from all sources during the "celebration"? Wouldn't be TOO overpowered like doubling the rates and it would take a gear slot.

[Image: barrelsigam5.jpg][Image: barrelvn0.jpg]
11-03-2007 10:14 PM
DemonicPrince Offline
The Demonic One™

How about we take the OCA idea, it helps new and old players, old people with max char(s) don't want the higher rates as much as newer players.

I'm an old player with a LOW LEVEL guy, oh well?

I think I have a rogue.. lol I remember I was doing the quest to be a rogue durring a screenshot event, <3

1-4 OCAs to everyone who posts on a certain topic (GMs should check IPs and for common used proxies, must have actual chars and not be a double, if caught 0OCAs and a day long jail?)

It'd be good, helps everyone.. <3

Need a RO scripter? Talk to me, Free and Human
11-03-2007 11:23 PM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

i member you demonic whered you go Icon_razz .. about the whole double exp/hats/ whatever blah blah .. who really cares just boot up the game and play and have fun .. we allready got a huge svn jump from about no hugel for about a year to fixin to be thors volcano .. i understand panda's desire to celebrate and such but god you peeps .. wheres the love? CryKissy

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
11-04-2007 12:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DemonicPrince Offline
The Demonic One™

I think I recall one post from Boomy..

All the GMs want to do is help, don't be a butt and fight about something they're doing to -make you happy- because they will most likley end up feeling bad.

If you give out cookies to your friends and someone's like "oh, but I wanted tripple chocolate" How would that make you feel?

if you ask "Hey, uh.. it's christmas tomorrow and I wanna give you guys a lil something, what do you want?" and they start screaming "OMG XBOX360 HALO 7!!!! OMG OMG OMG GIVE ME SEX" It makes you regret saying anything, but if they were like "Hey, uh.. I'd like a lolipop" you'd be happy to give it to them, so guys.. this is a gift from the GMs, please ask for something small, raised exp is a huge thing, and not to seem mean or w/e, but this is a LOT LOT LOT LOT LOT towards the dedicated players, I see a lot of you joined after like august OF THIS YEAR and are wanting raised events, but some of the older players are asking for other things, I understand that new players has a lot to do with the population, but the dedicated people are the ones that voted in the begining and are the ones that supported the GMs and helped make this server to getting this far, without the old schoolers, HeRO wouldn't be anything.. just a few old folks were the ones that started this server and they voted everyday to get new people like yourselves, and when the GMs are rewarding -everyone- about the player count, people should take into fact that older players were the ones that helped, if you look at join dates vs what people are asking for, it's suprising that new people are asking for events and custom things, though old players know what the hastles are and understand how things work, and will be asking for things like simple items pre-created, not overpowered, but still a good thing to get.

I thank you if you actualy read all my post.

11-04-2007 12:49 AM
Asumi Offline
Fallen Angel

I like the idea of 7/7/3 rates, and I also like the idea of the anniversary hat with increased exp gain. Unfortunately with the hat idea, it would be hard to distribute to everyone short of having an NPC that just gives 1 out to every account or character (1 per acct would be best in my opinion). I think increasing the drop rates might add a little to imbalance. Also, increased rates effect everyone no matter what. For some people who play on this server and don't read the forums, and aren't online when it's announced for the party item, they have a possibly of missing out.

[Image: Asumi_Sig.jpg]

[Image: voteherobanner1kb.gif]
11-04-2007 01:30 AM
Rika Offline
Angel of Infinity

Quote:1-4 OCAs to everyone who posts on a certain topic (GMs should check IPs and for common used proxies, must have actual chars and not be a double, if caught 0OCAs and a day long jail?)

Most likely too much of a hassle, and unfair to those players who do not check the forums regularly.

Ranting (Ignore if you wish)
Taking a look towards DemonicPrince's post, I do believe Pandora was expecting a few outrageous requests D: I know I must have made some myself, but that doesn't mean I'm going to freak out if they decide against such a thing (unless they do double rates cause thats just crazy xD) A good majority of the outrageous posts also had a feel of sarcasm to it. I'd also like to think that the newer players will take a huge role in the future of HeRO, as we can't always stay in the past. We wouldn't even be considering this without them. Of course, this is coming from the girl who has only been on HeRO since august... Pandora did ask for suggestions, and we were only putting in our input, not everyone can be accommodated and chances are I won't be able to participate in events if they are held sometime (Usually do to bad luck but meh) Preferably, for everyone to be accommodated such a reward would take more than just a day and more than just a single item which didn't necessarily mean god items free for all.

[Image: livingcolor.jpg][Image: soulessence.jpg]
Angel Empire♥
Rika[Assassin Cross]    -    Aorie[High Priest]
11-04-2007 01:34 AM
DemonicPrince Offline
The Demonic One™

Which is why I said post on the forums, have a broadcast or edit the motd to say to check the forums and post if you want an OCA or two, and/or put in a timed broadcast (once every 20mins?) to say to check the forums, and when the time's up (after a week or so?) the GM closes the topic, gets the player list, then asks the other GMs to distribute the OCA(s) to the player listed then immediatly edit the post with -all- the names on it so there's no doubling.

and after a while if a person isn't reached then a PM should be sent, if no reply then they don't get something,

part of voting comes from going to the site and voting, and players come mostly from votings sites or people who spread word.

11-04-2007 02:03 AM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

So, we have free OCA's, another raised EXP day (it was 7/7/5, btw, Namine), an event day, and an extra ToH.

How about we raise everyone to 99/50[70], fix drops to 0%, then turn PvP on for all maps for a day-long WoE???=p

LoL

Seriously, I think OCA's wouldn't be a bad idea except for the fact that there's a bad element lurking here on HeRO.??It's easy to change your IP and/or say you're Saro's little brother.??Good idea, but easy for someone to exploit.

Raised EXP day would be good for everyone if we kept drops at 3x.??Like the title of this thread reads, "Small reward."??100-people peak isn't deservant of easy drop-hunting sprees.??We all get a good EXP boost.??Those trying to get their merch to 50 or their clown to 99 can do it more easily, but no one has an easier time getting a Swordfish card.??It would be the best way to advertise our recently-added Gunslingers, too!??=p

Event days are nice, if not stressful for GM's.??I doubt it'd be a problem here, we only have a few a**holes who like to whine and they get subdued without difficulty I've seen.??Those people can turn a really fun event into a week-long flame war and the GM's best intentions into gut-wrenching guilt - as Demonic has explained.
I could see this being passed and GM accepting submissions for event ideas over the forums and after a month of debate amidst us Heroes we finally see our carnival.??=p

Extra ToH - good idea.??Small reward, that's exactly what this is.??You are now a fortnight closer to getting those wings.??Hooray for originality in using what creativity was already available herein on HeRO.??No1

Do I have a suggestion???Well, yes, but my suggestion is Demonic's suggestion.??Keep in mind it's a small reward.??Pandora's way of saying thank you for enjoying HeRO to the extent that you stayed, voted, and invited people, and they stayed; so much until there were at one point 100 people in HeRO.??She doesn't know how to thank you because of the GM's Remorse, I'd assume.

No matter what happens, Pandora really appreciates the fact that you guys, that we all, enjoy her hard work in compassion this much.??Let's keep that in mind when the deal goes down.??If we have an event you might lag and die.??You might only get an hour or two in during the raised EXP period.??You might not be at work when the extra ToH takes place.??That really sucks, but that's not what's important.??I remember back in the '90's I gave my sister an Ace of Base CD for her birthday.??Apparently she didn't like them anymore.??I felt horrible, she saw her birthday as more of a time to get things than to simply understand the most important thing of all.??=/

I think we should all rather get something for Panda than expect something from her; but I would never deny a gift.??xp
...Puppies.

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
11-04-2007 02:05 AM