Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about wings and WoE
DestinedCruz Offline

Question about wings and WoE

I'm really just wondering if wings are active during War of Emperium. Some of the stats they appear to grant are far greater than some of the complete Odin sets even (The +20 MDEF granted by the Flower Wings is as good as if not beter than the Frigg's Circlet set).

I know Odin's Island is not present on this server, but Odin's Blessings may still be obtained from Skeggiolds summoned from DBs, so some of the Odin sets may be completed.

Maybe there's some balance to offset this here, but I'm really worried about an item that grants such an incredible amount of MDEF being available for War.
11-05-2007 04:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rika Offline
Angel of Infinity

RE: Question about wings and WoE

Wings are active during WoE, although I'm not too sure about how this off balances things. Some people choose not to use their wings as they take up both lower headgear + armor slot and including the fact that only the Zodiac Wings and some of the ToH wings are slotted. Zodiac Wings are a huge pain to make too >_>...

Concerning the high MDEF granted, you could easily equip
Crystal Pumps - 10 MDEF
Drooping Cat - 15 MDEF
Kapha Card - 10 MDEF
Goibne's Helm (Set Apparently >< )- 15 MDEF
High Heels - 5 MDEF
Ragamuffin Manteau - 10 MDEF

And that's only naming a few of them
I never realized how much stuff gave MDEF till now... Icon_suprised

[Image: livingcolor.jpg][Image: soulessence.jpg]
Angel Empire♥
Rika[Assassin Cross]    -    Aorie[High Priest]
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2007 01:46 PM by Rika.)
11-05-2007 04:49 PM
Master Chief Offline
Spartan Leader

Goibne's helm isnt 15mdef on its own... its only if you got goibne armor set

and the reason why most people dont use wings is that also when you see a pair of wings people simply know to use a certain element to kill you for the wings give you an element, although very few wings dont give elements

~Spartan Leader~

UNSC: Assault Squad's Co-Leader
Master Chief(Spartan-117)
[Image: Halo3-3.jpg][Image: 2i9nkoy.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2007 04:58 PM by Master Chief.)
11-05-2007 04:57 PM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

Although flower wings don't give you an element, it does tip everyone off to the simple fact that you aren't wearing Marc nor ED. A Stone Curse, Frost Diver, or strong physical dmg attack will probably kill you.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
11-06-2007 12:38 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Wings lacking the slot is probably the major drawback... Namin? is certain of it regardless of how she does not participate in PvP events. As for Mr. Kadar said, Flower Wing can boost a character up to MDef total of 50 and above without much difficult, but with team effort, how much can that accomplish? Storm Gust may do relatively little damage, but without marc the freeze remains which is still troubling as the other opponents will rush in to finish what the precasts cannot.

Lack of status armor card will also cause some problems in the long term defense either...

The only wings that can bypass the problem of lacking slots is Zodiac Wing and the ToH wings. Zodiac wing is horrible in terms of performance with the lowest defense among all wings. Only the ToH wings are really deemed usable with high defense, refinable to certain extent, and is slotted. However, ToH wings are so difficult to make and limited that they are no much of a concern in terms of balance.

*note: Namin? is speaking strictly of WoE situation where it is a team vs team context. Namin? recognize this identical argument and how people believe that wings ought to be weakened/banned/disabled during pvp events due to the unfairness for mage classes... let's leave that one aside for now.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
11-06-2007 12:49 AM
DestinedCruz Offline

You do realise that high mdef provides resistance to freeze and stone curse, right?
11-06-2007 05:01 AM
Rika Offline
Angel of Infinity

Despite the fact that MDEF lowers your chance to freeze/stone curse you'll still find a majority if WoE-ing will opt for a marc card overall even if the flower wings can be used on a temporary state. Namine is unfortunatly correct with the status effect armor cards being a bigger part of WoE than the wings can handle unless you full out go for MDEF. I suppose, since the wings aren't abused in such a way, you could try out such a high mdef build yourself and then report the differences? That way we could understand if there is a major difference.

Oh well quite honestly this is the first time I've heard of someone calling the flower wings overpowered Sweat Most would say that they were the weakest of them all and some guys will consider them too girly to wear... ^_^; Personally, I don't consider the wings commonly used enough on such occasions in pvp that we need to go in and change parts of it without creating another thread with complaints of the changes.

[Image: livingcolor.jpg][Image: soulessence.jpg]
Angel Empire♥
Rika[Assassin Cross]    -    Aorie[High Priest]
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2007 07:54 AM by Rika.)
11-06-2007 07:19 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Pretty much what everyone said ^_^;

We do try to balance the gears, the lack of slot makes the wings not so popular, the fact that very little people wear the Flower Wings to woe is sign enough that they are probably not overpowered.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-06-2007 10:04 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

My take on flower wings *coming from sage player*

Its really risky, I mean in a wizard or sage class duel, I better be stopping all the frost divers and stone curses I can because I'm a goner if I don't. However, being able to hit such high mdef with the wings on can prove pretty darn beneficial. I just think the wings aren't worth it tho in the long run, its really hard to stop every spell that a wiz or sage will throw at you after awhile ^_^

I actually thought Flower Wings should have another version be 10mdef and have a slot, make them a little more difficult to make of course too. This is basically making anyone able to wear silk robes if you did this and would be kinda cool.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-06-2007 10:58 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Lack of slot is what keeps the flower wings in check... o_o; Namin? thinks that flower wing is just fine the way it is now. Because if the marc or status armor really does get on the flower wing, then it will really be a problem of what Mr. DestinedCruz mentioned.

Let's not touch anything that is not deemed broken and proven to be not broken by time...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
11-06-2007 12:21 PM