Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wal*Mart Cards (and why you shouldn't get one)!
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Wal*Mart Cards (and why you shouldn't get one)!

I got a Wal-Mart Prepaid card a couple of weeks ago so I could donate to the server.??I generally just keep wads of cash hidden around the house usually forgetting them and finding them later.??Woohoo!??50 bucks - score!
So, anyway, I go onto Paypal and register my card with my account.??It takes a buck out to verify the card, which all companies do with the intention of putting it back once the deal has gone through.??I never got that dollar back.??As a matter of fact, I was only able to send Panda 30 bucks instead of 40 because of that... And I still haven't gotten that dollar back (That was a month ago)...

Then I come to find out they charge you a five-dollar Maintainence fee every month on top of charging you 5 bucks to reload it every time you reload it (unless you reload it as you are cashing your check at Wal-Mart or unless you load your card with 1000 dollars each month... then they so appreciatively and generously waive this $5 fee).

And finally, this... I finally got the permanent card in the mail and went to load it when I got paid.??I put 500 of my 600-dollar paycheck on the card yesterday (technically two days ago with it being tomorrow morning right now).??I only have 19 cents on my card now, though.??Yet, I bought PGR4 for 65 bucks with my card at Wal-Mart ten minutes after loading it.??I need to pay bills, my brother wants to borrow 100 dollars for weed (friggin pothead), I need a new pen for my tablet PC, and I still need to give Panda 30 bucks for this and last month's donations.??Yet, I only have 19 cents on my card after putting 500 dollars on it two days ago and only spending $65!!

So, I call the number on the back of my card to talk to somebody and they want $2 just to allow me to talk to a Customer Service Representative (CSR)!!!

WTF D:

Like Wal-Mart doesn't make enough money.??Now they're charging me to talk to their CSR's about something wrong - or at least SLOW - about their system.??I'm going to close the account and just open a real bank account now.

So, yeah - this is my least eloquent editorial ever.??I don't care, I'm pissed.??I work 8 hours a day for Directory Assistance 411 to make that money.??People shouldn't f*** with it.??That is not prudent.

Don't buy a Wal*Mart card unless you like getting raped by a whistling happy face.??"Who's got the lowest prices???Yeah, that's right. Keep on rollin' back, bitch."
Dogs.

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2007 05:11 AM by Whispers.)
11-11-2007 02:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

RE: Wal*Mart Cards (and why you shouldn't get one)!

Can you say

RIP OFF Icon_twisted

Dang they are even better than me Icon_biggrin
11-11-2007 02:44 AM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Actually, I wrote or at least made mention to the term "rip off" 18 times in that post if you count the title lines... >_>

Laugh

11-11-2007 05:14 AM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

I knew I should of made that post about my experience... put it this way I put 400$ on the stupid thing and in the end they took it from me saying the card was stolen... yeah it was stolen, by the freaking company I bought it from! I feel your pain.... ./pat

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
11-11-2007 11:05 AM
Loveless Offline
Beautifully Broken

I am sorry for your brother, he can't get his weed Icon_sad

(I am sorry for you too)
11-11-2007 12:39 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Wow that really sucks, and charging for customer service .......... thats way out there!

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-11-2007 01:27 PM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

Sounds like a nice little scam they got going over there at Wal-Mart. They bring the account to less than 2$ and then charge 2$ for CSR time. I bet they would try to hit you with overdraft fees on top of that. They make off with something around 30$ per customer or more if someone gives up on trying to get the 'lost' money back.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
11-11-2007 02:46 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Actually, I found out what happened...

The night I loaded my card I called my electric company to pay my bill over their automated system.??However, when running my card I put in the wrong zip code, it alerted me to this and asked me to try again.??I remembered my zip code is 67217 not 67212 as I had entered so I put in the correct zip code.??It told me that was the wrong zip code as well.??So, I tried again and then it just told me my card was declined.

Today I called Wal-Mart and payed the damned 2-dollar fee.??They tell me that my card wasn't declined and that my electric company did take out the 219 dollars each time I tried to put in my zip code.??After the 440 dollars was taken out is when my card begins to get declined and I am left with only 19 cents.

Okay... So, let's reverse that second charge.??"Oh, we can't do that, you have to call Westar (electric company), inform them of the mistake, and then call us back to have everything finalized."??So, I have to pay two dollars more...

I call Westar!??THEY HAVE NO RECORD OF ME MAKING A PAYMENT SINCE LAST MONTH.

WTF D:

They extend my due date to the 26th so I don't get my lights cut off and tell me to call Bill Matrix, the company that they go through for their customers who wish to pay over the phone via card.??BillMatrix is closed on weekends and tomorrow is Veterans' Day so they might be closed until Tuesday.??At this rate I won't see last week's paycheck until next week.??>_>

Yes, Kadar, it's the Wal-Mart Pre-Paid Plastic Scam.

So, you know what really grinds my gears?

YOU, Wal-Mart!

[Image: grindsmygears5.jpg]

F*** YOU!
Rottweilers and Pit Bulls.

11-11-2007 03:04 PM
Rei Offline
Mistress Of Twilight

Um, why didn't you just get a real bank account, and a real debit card?

Characters:
R e i - Stalker
Y u i - Priest
BlackRose - Assasin
[Image: 91artu.png]
[Image: ReiSig.jpg]
11-11-2007 03:13 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

You didn't read my first post very thoroughly, did you?

I have no bank account because I had no use for one. After all, a bank account is just a place for poorly invested money anyway. Stocks and bonds are the way to go. 401k ftw! No1

Secondly, I got the Wal-Mart card so I could give Panda 40 dollars over PayPal. After reading through some of the stuff for the card, I thought it might be a good place to just keep what money I don't have invested (I didn't know about the 5-dollar monthly fee that they don't advertise). So, I put 500 of my 600-dollar paycheck on it.

Now I'm screwed and I'm going to get my money back and close the card then open a checking account so I can have a debit card to use with PayPal and other online sites.

0.o?

11-11-2007 03:33 PM