Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Homunc questions!
wussypuff Offline
dancin' like a MONKEY!!!!!!!!

Homunc questions!

Ok, there's a LOT of rumors running around. From what I've heard:

-AI programs will not be allowed (such as Mir AI and Rampage AI)
-it'll take a few more weeks to get homuncs

can we get any official ruling on these?

if AI programs aren't to be allowed, i'd like to know why. they're VERY useful and the basic AI program is worthless, and it's impossible to auto rez a homunc. autofeeding is of course outlawed, as is auto rez if you can get it to work (shame on you for trying). afk leveling a homunc i think should be outlawed, as to get proper intimacy points for feeding it you need to feed it every 10 minutes.

i miss having homunc friends and i can't wait for the update :D
11-11-2007 05:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: Homunc questions!

According to previous discussions, the GMs seem to want a special custom AI (let's call it heRO.AI for now) which will ensure that afk leveling, homunculus KSing, auto resurrection/feeding the Homunculus will be disabled, while being more capable than the original default AI. That is what Namin? knows of...

As for the exact date, it is unknown except that Odin's Temple and Thor's Volcano should be released first. Maybe there are some technical difficulty? But Namin? is personally guessing that all 10 phases should be ready within this year.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2007 06:03 PM by Namine.)
11-11-2007 06:02 PM
wussypuff Offline

awesome :D

i hope it's like Mir AI, i'm awful at scripting D: all i care about is making it so it won't kill my parasites and it will help attack things. i really can't stand the normal AI program....bleh.

Mir AI is the best ever!!! make it like that, please :D even take out auto throw-potion and auto cart revo! they're pretty useless anyway.

all i really want to see is an ability to manipulate what the homunc will attack. i think we need the option to tell it not to attack certain things and to attack others. with the custom AI i think the program "levels" itself, so the homunc won't attack anything that's wayyyyy below its level.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2007 06:15 PM by wussypuff.)
11-11-2007 06:14 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

What I hate about homunc programs that I've had issues with is making it able to do auto moves on you when it atks or however you set it up.

I'm just hoping they aren't allowed in ToH pvp and Woe because of other issues such as trapping and webbing more than anything else.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-11-2007 10:07 PM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Moved to the Suggestions/Questions thread Icon_wink

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
11-12-2007 01:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wussypuff Offline

thank you Aki!!!

I would think they would HAVE to be allowed in ToH and PVP. Alchemists have 3 builds:

1) brewing. can't attack ANYTHING
2) AD. can only attack high vit things and use up a TON of materials doing so
3) battle build (str/agi). pretty useless on a creator, i'm not gonna lie. without any self buffs or any decend stat bonuses to help this build, it's AWFUL

and yes i've played a creator in all of those builds. creators are powerful against high vit, yes...but that's about it. homuncs are needed to balance that out.

i wish everyone didn't think homuncs were so evil Icon_sad they're not! i swear! nice? yes. needed? absolutely. game-breaking?

hardly!

most players are going to have high enough agi that a homunc will barely be able to hit them. alchemists cannot control what stats level up when the homunc levels, so it's all luck of the draw.

and usually we end up getting the short end of the stick Icon_sad
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2007 12:04 AM by wussypuff.)
11-13-2007 12:02 AM
Jack Skellington Offline
The Pumpkin King

Forgot to mention that Creators are the anti Full Strip Stalker/strip rogue.

[Image: barrelsigam5.jpg][Image: barrelvn0.jpg]
11-13-2007 12:07 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Vanil spells are extremely powerful, most don't bother with the other homuncs as they suck in comparison.

AD not good enough? Heh hardly most players go vit switching in their higher levels. I don't care if they are in pvm, allow them in pvm all day long I don't care, but when you play against a creator+it's homunc it literally is like fighting two things vs 1. And for Ghostring, you have an overly simple answer with said homunc instead of trying to break the armor with Acid Terror *which I believe even if it does not dmg can still break it?*

They also can heal, let's not forget that! They also still have biocanibalize and they have fireblend, ice falchion, and a few other nice tricks up their sleeves, homuncs just kinda ruin that I think in pvp and woe. As I also said, you can't trap or web them, causing for some pretty messed up mechanics if you ask me.

If you let them be trappable and webbed then sure allow them in woe, they won't be so problematic I think then, but this was defenently one of my biggest concerns with woe on this server as I saw how it really messed up my old one where there were more creators.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2007 02:25 AM by Aaronock.)
11-13-2007 02:23 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Since fire pillar is considered a trap, those don't work on homoncs either. I'm inclined to agree with Aaronock, but another side makes me want to join the chemist side because of those factors
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2007 02:30 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
11-13-2007 02:29 AM
Beeman Offline
Beemination...

I've never seen a homunc used effectively in WoE. I've seen every zany build on any character you could play but I've never seen a homunculus work in WoE...they generally get horribly, horribly killed...pretty quickly, too >.>
11-13-2007 02:33 AM