No, I don't plan on making a Ninja
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where did the Ninjas go?
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

RE: Where did the Ninjas go?

The ninjas are probally all hiding somwehere tryin to come up with a scheme to kill sins and sinx's.
And the've got gunslingers with them and they're mad at snipers for bein so beast

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2008 07:04 PM by Yuriohs.)
08-06-2008 11:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

RE: Where did the Ninjas go?

They were victims of my previous cannibalism

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
08-06-2008 11:44 AM
Dynamic Thrust Offline

RE:  Where did the Ninjas go?

Kadar Wrote:You will see the same thing once Homunc come out (on this server at least). Everyone and their mother will be making alchemists in order to try out homuncs (unless they have on another server already). In a few weeks most will never be seen again.

Creators become common on a lot of large population low rates with Homunculus released. So... I doubt you'll see them disappear like Ninjas.

mahawirasd Wrote:wow... so what do ninjas have better than other classes other than cicada?

mages > Matk (just look at the skill damage and cast time descriptions)
snipers > ranged attacks
monks > asura
knites/BS > HP
sin > DPS
rogues > strip
crus > GC

a just-for-fun class then i guess...

I lol'd. Not because it's funny, but because of how chock-full of ignorance this post has.

Let's begin:

Wizards are the best at magic damage dealing, Sages not at all. In WoE, Sages are a support class, nothing more. Yeah, some might Stone Curse and Double Fire Bolt, but really... they're a support class.

Snipers are the best at ranged attacks other than situational characters... outside of WoE. Guess where a Sniper is stuck in WoE? Trapping, auto-falcon, or a much less efficient Falcon Assault( bad damage ).

Seriously, Monks aren't that useful any more. They are the ones who should be diminished. WoE lowers that damage quite a bit. EDP Sonic Blow tends to hit higher, since Asura is neutral.

Wow @ this next one. Knights and Blacksmiths are HP? Knights do have the highest health. Their use, however, is a wee bit more specific than "HP". If their use was "HP", that means that they'd be useless, since "HP" in itself does nothing. What you MEANT to say is that they are the castle raiders, the MVP tanks, and take a while to kill. As for Blacksmiths... no? What they're good at is breaking and repairing, and as a Whitesmith, hitting hard with Cart Termination.

Assassin, I won't disagree. Do consider also tacking on - - - "highest burst damage" as well.

Rogues are definitely for Stripping. Stalkers can copy Water Ball 10 from Drake, but there's one more thing. A Stalker guild master is the most strategic way to infiltrate enemy bases. Very rarely is that disputed.

And... umm... Crusaders. Uhh... you realize Grand Cross is a crappy skill in WoE, and that it's a magical skill, therefore making them inferior in that category, by your own logic, to Wizards... and even Ninjas! *gasp*! Crusaders are best served with a nice tall dish of Devotion and Defending Aura, using Guard and Reflect Shield to be the hardest to kill class in the game. As Paladins, one would go for Gospel to best serve their guilds.

But wait, let's review Ninjas abilities:
Freezing Spear, Jupitel Thunder for Ninjas
Watery Evasion, slows all people walking through, larger than Deluge for Water Ball
Throw Zeny, a high delay finisher
Throw Fuuma Shuriken, a high damage attack with a 1 second delay, easily lowered by Magic Strings
And, like you said, Cicada Skin Shed.

I'll say this much: Ninjas are not meant to Assault, they are meant to defend. I do believe, however, that any guild without ONE Ninja to use Watery Evasion isn't working to the full capacity.

You should have, like, four Ninjas for an opportune four-castle defense.

So, ladies and gentlemen, they are powerful ranged damage dealers with a wonderful WoE defending tool. Cicada Skin Shed, IMO, just makes up for the lack of HP.

The only classes "unnecessary" to any guild are the following:
Lord Knight - Assassin Cross with Devotion beats this
Champion - Assassin Cross alone beats this
Gunslinger - Assassin Cross beats this one too ><
TaeKwon Master - ...and this one.
Super Novice - almost all classes beat this after a server gets settled... though, on a different note, they do have the highest FLEE available in the game. (or at least, the underused capacity thereof)
(NOTE: I didn't say Taekwon Ranker. They have the unique ability of jumping and inflicting status on a precasting mob, while having tons of HP, which TK Master is not near as good at (Arrow Shower doesn't cover your bases at all for status-dealing, so don't EVEN try that one)

... and that's all she wrote. Those five classes do not deliver anything another class can't do a little better. They are not the best Emp-breakers, nor the best defenders. (TK Master and Lord Knight on defense? What?(And I'm aware of picking High Priests, Assassin Crosses, and High Wizards as Heat targets is powerful, but... again, not the best. )

Gunslingers ARE hellish when they whip out a Gatling, but Assassin Cross still beats them on both DPS and burst damage. (I saw the argument coming)

Super Novice is useful at first... until Wizards start casting near insta-cast, and your build (like most) only has Cold Bolt 10, so everyone who sees you coming equips a Swordfish without even having to think about it.

Oh yeah, you forgot a section: best healer.

Guess what? The best healer is a Creator. Evil

(And yes, this post is long... VERY long, but I was waiting for the game to download)
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2008 11:03 PM by Dynamic Thrust.)
08-07-2008 09:27 PM