Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Things not active in WoE
Spire Offline

RE: Things not active in WoE

I've seen a few servers make GTB into -%90 Damage from spells before,

But my personal opinion is that GTB is made to be really really powerful, All (if not most) Mvp cards are overpowered. Just take a look at a few of them..

Tao gunka - Maximum HP + 100% DEF - 50, MDEF - 50

Dark Lord- Add a 10% chance of auto casting Level 5 Meteor Storm on an enemy when the user receives Physical Damage. (not to mention the overpowered combo)

Amon Ra - All Stats + 1
Add a 3% chance of auto casting Level 10 Kyrie Eleison on the user when the user receives Physical Damage.
[Base Intelligence >= 99]
Add a chance of auto casting Level 10 Kyrie Eleison is increased to 10%.

Just looking at those three, the Golden Thief Bug doesn't look too too powerful in fact its one of the few that have a downside, Although maybe we could disable all mvp cards in Alde Woe, it wouldn't be very fair for most non trans could not kill a knight with a GTB. Or any Mvp card for that matter. Just my opinion.

VaIor: Paladin 9x/6x, Valor: High Priest 99/70, Valor's Chemist: Creator 9x/6x, Weaver: Clown 99/70, Blank: Stalker 9x/6x, Spire: Sniper 9x/6x
Current project: Farming zeny to buy stuff to put my cards in! Whistle

I am a proud member of The 'Wine Brewing Society'. If you are interested in joining, look for a representative in aldebaran. Or make a post in our guilds forum thread!
11-16-2007 04:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Cant disable a card in 1 castle, thanks for suggestion however. Don't even think I could disable those cards in woe unless I go with something similar to the fish scripts (meaning card would be disabled during woe even if you're not in a castle) and I don't wanna go there.

Card has the script it had when we last updated the svn a few weeks back, meaning we have what eAthena considered official a few weeks ago. The fact that other servers changed it is not very relevant on this one, sorry.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-16-2007 04:11 PM
Culex Offline
Cucu / Lolibug o_o

Spire Wrote:most non trans could not kill a knight with a GTB.

Doubt you know what you're talking about. GTB is most of the time causing my downfall more than anything else. It comes in handy only in particular situations and yet it's hard to cope with its own downsides.

The card is well balanced, and so are the others your mentionned. The game is supposed to be about teamwork, so you and your friends need to make up your own strategie to be able to compete against it.

This would be far more interesting to see instead of seeing random people going around forum ranting about it...wouldn't it?

[Image: sig2vr9.gif]

vote vote vote VOTE!! 0_0

Top100 - Top200
11-16-2007 04:27 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Ah here we go, I go to ratemyserver.net and look up the actual info to GTB. It's not as if Magic is totally inable to dmg you, wizzies need to think outside the box, sorry sage class and priests, there isn't much we can do against a GTB other than try to think really outside the box against them in pvp 1vs1 or get the allies at them in woe, eventually they might haveta switch to that thara card to stay alive better.

okay so the info is this...

Nullify all magic spells, including supportive skills, that target the owner at the cost of doubling SP Consumption cost when using skills.
*bonus bNoMagicDamage,100; bonus bUseSPrate,100; *

Okay so it's 100mdef given to the target, I don't know how they turned off heal but they did and that's kinda cool I guess. It does also up the SP consumption. That's the basics of the script. The thing about 100mdef though is with fish you lose half the drawbacks you do know that right? You can't be frozen or stone cursed with 100mdef, it's really hard to do if you are at 75+ also.

This wouldn't be such an issue if fish weren't so common here, as ygg berries and seeds might weigh less, but we do have quite a lower number of them to keep healing with here. Perhaps the problem then lies in fish more than GTB ...and I can't believe I just now defended GTB, I'll never live this down >_>

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-16-2007 04:31 PM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

That much we know ;P

http://forums.roempire.com/archive/index...71516.html

If that's not acceptable, feel free to dig some solid iRO info. regarding the issue.

-------------

Edit:

Quote:Nullify all magic spells, including supportive skills, that target the owner at the cost of doubling SP Consumption cost when using skills.

Okay so it's 100mdef given to the target

100mdef? Where'd you figure that out O_o .. The effect says "bonus bNoMagicDamage,100" as in success of that effect is 100%. Then the other bonus "bonus bUseSPrate,100" which again means increase sp usage by 100% (AKA Double). So yeah.. where did you get 100 magdef from?
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2007 04:37 PM by Bloody.)
11-16-2007 04:34 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE:??Things not active in WoE

Bloody Wrote:That much we know ;P

http://forums.roempire.com/archive/index...71516.html

If that's not acceptable, feel free to dig some solid iRO info. regarding the issue.

-------------

Edit:

Quote:Nullify all magic spells, including supportive skills, that target the owner at the cost of doubling SP Consumption cost when using skills.

Okay so it's 100mdef given to the target

100mdef? Where'd you figure that out O_o .. The effect says "bonus bNoMagicDamage,100" as in success of that effect is 100%. Then the other bonus "bonus bUseSPrate,100" which again means increase sp usage by 100% (AKA Double). So yeah.. where did you get 100 magdef from?

Actually it seems like 100mdef, because Fire Pillar and Gravity Field still work on GTB users, along with ever crappy Magic Crasher.??I'm just stating that moves that ignore mdef will ignore GTB it seems like, but perhaps we need to test that more Icon_razz

Oh yah Bloody, I think only on [OTHER] RO they turned off GTB like they did, because I can't find anything on it being turned off anywhere else.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2007 04:52 PM by Aaronock.)
11-16-2007 04:43 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I'd just like to state that fish status are not affected by ANYTHING, you cannot prevent them with any cards, stats or other equipement.

As for the GTB script bonus bNoMagicDamage,100; is not exactly equivalent to 100 mdef. If you had a skill that ignores mdef it would still be blocked as far as I know.

~ Server Admin ~
11-16-2007 04:57 PM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Panda you can always wear GTB on your GM and go to Amon Ra. You can walk over his pillars and they just disappear doing no dmg whatsoever.

As for Magic Crasher:

Quote:Magic Crasher (Skill ID# 365) iRO Name: Stave Crasher
Type: Offensive Max Level: 1
Increase SP Recovery Level 1
Required For: Gravitation Field
SP Cost: 8
Target: Enemy Range: 9 cells (unconfirmed)
Cast Time: 0.3 sec After Cast Delay: 0.3 sec
Effect: You do an attack that calculates damage using your MATK instead of ATK but is decreased using enemy's DEF, not MDEF. This skills overall damage is affected by cards you have in your weapon, weapon element, size and element of the target and it might miss depending on your DEX.

Without an element in your rod/weapon, Magic Crasher is reduced by using Ghostring and Raydric. If you use an endow, you bypass both of those. Magic crasher is like a physical ranged attack that uses your Matk instead of Atk. Then again I don't have a high wiz, what do I know Cry
11-16-2007 05:20 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Magic crasher should do damage on GTB weared. Anyhow, the card is working as intended, story closed?

Phen does NOT work in woe, as intended officially.

~ Server Admin ~
11-16-2007 06:00 PM
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

not exactly it bestows sorta a wierd status upon yourself when you wear the thing.??It's got an effect so that anything that falls under the category of "Magic" be it heal, buff, or damage has no effect on you whatsoever.??That means Magic Crasher doesn't work either since it is a spell.

If you can't tell, I used to run a server.

Hi, don't whisper me please.
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2007 06:10 PM by Rhino_Man.)
11-16-2007 06:10 PM