Total 84 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE
Master Chief Offline
Spartan Leader

Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE

I find that the whole pot spamming in WoE destroy all strategies for "Attack & Defence"... Why you ask???Well I noticed that no guilds are able to defend castles... and i believe its all because of fish.

Its alot easier to just spam fish and break emps while people attack you... and less effective to use fish on defence when the opponent is just breaking emp... like on defence using fish doesnt kill the oponent destroying emp yet the emp breaker helps him live for way longer then it takes to break emp.

So I want to atleast make pot/fish spamming have delay or disable it for WoE(wich i highly doubt anyone would want, but ima put it anyways)

Edit: P.S. There is multiple choice voting

~Spartan Leader~

UNSC: Assault Squad's Co-Leader
Master Chief(Spartan-117)
[Image: Halo3-3.jpg][Image: 2i9nkoy.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2007 03:07 AM by Master Chief.)
11-20-2007 03:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE

Actually...I find that it's messed up ygg berries and ygg seeds don't have much worth here on HeRO because of fish, even with the drawback it doesn't seem to be enough.

I find it problematic anyway, that ygg berries and ygg seeds were meant to not be spammable items I feel, unless you are on one of those high rates anyway, but I'm a very oddly conservative player. I think sometimes the only solution would be to up healing delay of pots and fish here on HeRO simply because it is so silly to me. However, I would rather think of another solution.

I actually wish in WoE we couldn't pot *of course alchemist pot pitcher and other pots like speed pot would work*, it would make for a much more exciting woe in my opinion. Maybe one day we should open a castle like that if we get enough players :]

But I'm not sure if you can disable healing in only one castle!

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-20-2007 03:05 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Doubt that healing can be disabled only in one castle... people using fish outside of WoE but during WoE hours resulted in getting the extra negative status anyway. So at least that suggestion is not really possible.

Using the trend that all balance arguments from players seem to use "iRO is God, and therefore is absolutely right, so make those alters and burn incense to the porings" statements, Namin? will say, keep potions, yggdrasil berries and seeds the way they are. Let's only talk about the fish, which God iRO does not have and therefore has no comments on it.

As for how to balance fish, which is not the first time they are discussed... Namin? will end her post here, as now it is strictly a PvP argument, which she is not going to try to participate in.

Namin? will say...
-keep official server items they way they are
-no opinion about fish in WoE

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
11-20-2007 03:44 AM
Jubei Offline
Chairman

i will repeat what ive said before in the nicest way possible.

Fish WILL NOT be changed.
Pots WILL continue to be spammed in woe.
It WILL NOT change

/enna

[Image: hl101.jpg]
11-20-2007 04:12 AM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

i agree with jubei, why dig up this grave again?

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
11-20-2007 04:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Culex Offline
Cucu / Lolibug o_o

Well...first I'd like to point out that, most of the time, the outcome of a good fight in woe is often based on who's willing to use up the most fishes. Gotta say though that, back then, it kinda used to be like that with pots too...right?

Not quite...

When people were spamming pots, you could at least say to yourself : "Well...at least I caused him to waste a lot of money Icon_twisted". With fishes you can't say that though...most of the high level fishers are getting their money back from fishing with the various drops they are getting (rings, boxes, ocas..) ((and in fact, won't even fish for the fishes themself but for other drops)). And even worse , the "low level" fishes are often just dropped on the ground! But still they are veeery good (The bass are restoring a good ammount of sp for their "value" but yet are getting thrown away like they are crap). So yeah...you kinda get to see the problem.

On a sidenote, do you think it's normal to see a Salmons (1 blue pot and 1 white pot) being sold in players shops for 1K only when white potions are 1.2k and blue potions 5k?).

But yes..there are, at least, the "woe side effects" Namin? mentionned earlier. But it comes up with another problem : People aren't bothering with them anymore, why? Well, back then in woe we could see some people randomnly freezing, stone cursing or even sleeping from using too many fishes, it was awesome. But now we don't see that anymore..mainly because people are now relying on the new mutant fishes (the new "guppy" of the advanced fishing spot) who are causing...poison in woe. I hate to say it but..most people with high vit won't even bother poison in woe because...well it just doesn't work at all on them.

Anyway..I have work to do so I'll resume in one sentence my opinion :
Fishes are causing an imbalance in woe (maybe not only in woe..) because they are too easy to get for all the benefits they can give.

[Image: sig2vr9.gif]

vote vote vote VOTE!! 0_0

Top100 - Top200
11-20-2007 09:44 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

And Cucu has basically written very eloquently how I feel. I never could think of a better way to put it.

'cept I didn't know about the mutant fish thing.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-20-2007 10:06 AM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

What Cucu said.

Pot delay is pot delay. Can't really change basic game principles.

Custom items (fish), on the other hand, have (apparently) outstripped basic game principles in terms of efficiency and usefulness.

Fish, if I remember correctly, were supposed to be balanced against pots through weight and negative side effects.

Where'd that go?

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
11-20-2007 10:06 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

I think they only way to balance some of the fish would be to make Doris, Nemos, and maybe even Mutant/Angel fish have absolute chances of causing some statuses during WoE. Instead of a chance, make Nemos always cause a negative status effect (preferably something pretty bad, but not absolutely devastating) so that you also have to use a restorative item (or just suffer the consequences if it's something really bad). It would make fish a double-edged sword.

Of course, I'm biased because it's so hard to make a profit off of brewing as an alchemist because of fish. >.<

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
11-20-2007 10:18 AM
wussypuff Offline
dancin' like a MONKEY!!!!!!!!

i think it's important to put some other sort of negative effect with fish. they ARE spammed, they ARE cheap, and they make alchemists basically worthless until creator. which is SAD.

potions are for a reason. i think fish should be disabled during WoE. forget the status effects, just disable them completely for that time period.

on our last server ygg seeds and berries were disabled during WoE and it made for EPIC battles. it also made alchemists useful as everyone wanted condensed white potions, which made the alchemist ranking system extreme Icon_wink

i would love to see fish disabled in WoE, as i feel that's the only very non-balancing thing on this server that i've seen so far.

on the fighting aspect however: everyone who isn't an archer class or alchemist class will definitely have an advantage of living in WoE. archers and alchemists have to carry materials to do their damage, while everyone else just equips a weapon and carries as many fish as they possibly can.

archers especially get shafted as without arrows, they're pretty done for. (and yes i've played both archer and alchie classes both up to trans)

it's ridiculous how unbalanced something like this is, but of COURSE the poll will go in the fish's favor because the majority of those voting don't need other materials during woe Icon_mad

[Image: Gardenfishing2.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2007 10:55 AM by wussypuff.)
11-20-2007 10:52 AM