Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Supernovies in a nutshell
Jubei Offline
Chairman

Supernovies in a nutshell

Regards from the XaosRO guy for making this ^_^
(certain text has been edited to the HeRO updates and features. Please tell me if there are any changes needed to be made Icon_biggrin)

* Super Novice In a Nutshell
They are basically a Novice with most of the 1st class skills... with many hidden bonuses and attributes.

* How can you become a Super Novice?
- You must first have a Novice on BLV 45 (ouch). Head to Al de Baran... check around the water mill around in 6 o'clock from the center. That's the place to go for Super Novice. Enter the building, then enter the room to the left. Talk to the job change NPC.

You don't have to complete any annoying quests, but do bring these items: 30 Resin, 30 Sticky Mucus. When you talk to him with these items, he'll change you into a Super Novice and give you a Pantie to boot (why Gravity, why must thy be so perverted?).

For the Cart, you can't just talk to any Kapra to get it. You must talk to a Kapra located behind the main Kapra building. Price is somewhere around 1900z.

* Super Novice Details!

Job change at: BLV 45.

Advanced Job Change Process?!: Unknown.

Change to another Job?: You can't.

HP/SP: Almost same as the normal Novices.

Max LV: 99 Base, 70 Job. (job lvl 99 available in HeRO)

HP Increase Per VIT: VIT + 1 = MHP + 1%

SP Increase Per INT: INT + 2 = MSP + 1

Skills: All explicit bow-related skills (meaning, those skills that need a bow to work like Double Strafing), and two-handed sword mastery skill cannot be used. Also, you cannot gain bonus skills for 1st classes (such as Moving HP Recovery, Cart Change, etc). Otherwise, EVERY other 1st class skills are available. This does not mean you can up any 1st class skill right out - you still got to follow the tech tree for the skill you want. For example, if you want Warp Portal, you gotta up Ruwach, then Teleportation.

Note you cannot use Play Dead anymore when you become a Super Novice!! However, you can still use First Aid.

ASPD Pots: You can use Concentration and Awakening. But not Berserk.

ASPD Itself: Almost like a normal Novice.

Job LV-based Stat Bonus: You get none, but if you job master and never die, you will have +10 to all your stats as long as you never die.

What you lose for being a Super Novice:
1) Play Dead no longer available.
2) When you restart from death, you don't have half of your HP filled up.
3) You lose 1% when you do die.

* Other Interesting Notes:

- When you level up, you get a different graphics for the angel that appears over your head.

- You can enable Fury by doing the following:
Make your EXP is at the multiple of 10s, for example EXP of 10%, 20%, 50%, etc.

Then, type these in order:
(They are kRO translation. iRO may have different commands)

1) Guardian Angel, can you hear my voice? Icon_biggrin;
2) My name is (your name here), and I'm a Super Novice~
3) Please help me~ T.T
4) (Whatever else you wanna type in. Anything's fine here, but you MUST type something!)

Then there you go, you have Fury.

- You can enable Physical Immune by "dying" when your EXP is at 99.0% ~ 99.9%. You might be little surprised at first... ;o (chaged in HeRO)

- The headshaking motion (/doridori on kRO/iRO - this command makes you shake your head literally, not just the emoticon!) makes SP regained via SP Regen Skill, doubled (so basically at 1 INT, LV 10 would gain you 60 instead of 30). Just use it whole bunch of times to make it work (macro'ing works too, just spam ALT+whatever key you assigned for headshake emote).

- Job EXP required after JLV 50 will always be same throughout until JLV 70. (99 job lvl in HeRO)

* Weapon? Armor? OMG What should I use?!

As for the weapon, you only have one viable choice:
cinquedia (i cant spell it Icon_razz)

Note that many of high level weapons are disabled on kRO for Novices. You can't wield things like Tsurugi, Damascus, etc.

Because you'll be using the cinqudia, avoid fighting Large-sized monsters. For Medium sizes, just use Skel Worker card to compensate for that 25% reduction in damage.

As for the armor, you can just wear Novice Breastplate, and put a Pupa card in it. You MUST put some sort of HP up card here, and Pupa card is strongly recommended.

Rest is up to you, but Whisper carded Hood is strongly recommended.

* Build styles?!

Of course, my guides aren't considered complete if I don't have a section devoted for this...

Largely, there are two types: AGI and INT type.

INT type focuses on all the magical and heal/bless/etc, but it's still very difficult because Super Novice's SP blows. (Yes, it's that bad... but it's possible...)

AGI type is popular, since you need all the dodge you can get. Super Novices by default have a craptacular HP, and MUST be covered by cards like Pupa card, and of course Whisper card is a must too. Build a character like any good AGI-based melee char.

Do not invest too much into VIT. DEF really doesn't have much of importance for Super Novices, as well as the fact upping VIT doesn't really do much to your HP.

There are some Super Novices who up LUK, and try for Crits, because damage is bound to suck (if you don't have right equipments like Triple Boned Stilleto and other assortments of stuff).

* Skills to get?!

Since INT build skills are too obvious, I'll only state things for battle AGI type. (SP Regen, all the Firewall/Frost Diver, Heal Bless AGI... any questions? )

All the Thief passives are a must... like Double Attack, Increase Dodge, and Swordsman's Sword Mastery (plain 1 Hand Sword Mastery also helps with Dagger-type weapon damage.). Swordsman's HP Regen skill is also very essential.

Regardless of your type, Super Novices all have some levels of SP Regen (for the /doridori trick), Heal, Bless, and AGI Up. Super Novices may also carry a cart full of potions as well.

Archer's Increase Concentration (yes, it's in SN skill tree) works really well for battle type, for obvious reasons.

Do not bother yourself too much with skills that only give you little advantage like Envenom.

* End Comments

Super Novices are a class for people who have the money for the equip, and definitely patience. If you lack either of the two, don't bother.

But it's so fun, to be able to use almost all the 1st class skills... Well, if you do decide to make a Super Novice (introduced in Episode 6.0 in kRO), good luck. You'll need it.

[Image: hl101.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2005 02:24 AM by Jubei.)
11-16-2005 02:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ben
Unregistered

RE: Supernovies in a nutshell

Nice Icon_smile
11-16-2005 03:12 AM
Quote this message in a reply
GM-Scott Offline
The one you love to hate

The /doridori trick does not work on heRO.

-- You can enable Physical Immune by "dying" when your EXP is at 99.0% ~ 99.9%. You might be little surprised at first... ;o (chaged in HeRO)

I don't what "chaged" mean, but it's in. If you die at 99%, you get a Mental Strenght state, a free revive and don't lose exp.

It's not "guys only", it's "heroic"!
11-16-2005 09:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sirona Away
Eh?!

Wow... that's seriously a super novice guide in a nutshell... Icon_exclaim

Semper vigilans.

Living my life like a ninja... so, leave me alone... *vanish*
11-16-2005 09:27 AM
Vivi Offline
UltraNovice;)

RE:??Supernovies in a nutshell

GM-Scott Wrote:The /doridori trick does not work on heRO.

-- You can enable Physical Immune by "dying" when your EXP is at 99.0% ~ 99.9%. You might be little surprised at first... ;o (chaged in HeRO)

I don't what "chaged" mean, but it's in. If you die at 99%, you get a Mental Strenght state, a free revive and don't lose exp.

gm feith changed .. now @ 99% it is some % instead of 100% revive

nice guide btw i might as well post a int-build sn section laterIcon_wink

* i thoguht doridori help *...
mayb cuz when u haev nothing to do n sitting... typing doridori help letting time flee away xD

[Image: la.jpg]
Vivi - Alchemist 7x(retired for now) Dark Side 75pts
Ichigo - SuperNovice 9x

Buy List:
Fabric, Immortal Heart, Alcohol
Pm Me
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2005 11:53 AM by Vivi.)
11-16-2005 11:52 AM
Jubei Offline
Chairman

ichigo, your doridori is supposed to be used in conjunction with the "Increased SP Recovery" skill, aka you gain 2x the original amount of sp you get with said skill.

Ex. If your sp recovery skill gives you 30sp/10seconds, then doing doridori would give you 60sp/10seconds.

11-16-2005 08:03 PM
GM-Scott Offline
The one you love to hate

Have you been able to get it to work?

It's not "guys only", it's "heroic"!
11-16-2005 11:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jubei Offline
Chairman

nope =P

11-17-2005 03:38 AM
Yetipunk Offline

N> Guide Section

coocoocachoo
11-18-2005 10:04 PM