Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What kind of computer is everyone using?
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

What kind of computer is everyone using?

I've been curious for a while now. So, what're your specs? =p

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
11-25-2007 05:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

RE: What kind of computer is everyone using?

custom built

the basics

amd64 x2 4000+ cpu with the cores overclocked to 2.6ghz

2 gigs DDR2 ram clocked at 667mhz

geforce8600 GT 512 megs DDR2 ram onboard

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
11-25-2007 05:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

"Unknown" specs

(another word, Namin? bought it, and use it, and that is the end of the story. As long as it runs fine for her purposes, its specs are ignorable ^_^)

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
11-25-2007 05:42 AM
Jack Skellington Offline
The Pumpkin King

I use a cardboard box I made, scaribbled on a monitor and some buttons. Atttacted a mouse to a leash and tied it to a stick in the card board box (it bit me a few times when training it /sobIcon_wink and for the keyboard I rewired an old fashioned calculator, the one with the 1inch by 1inch buttons :D. Best Rig Ever!

[Image: barrelsigam5.jpg][Image: barrelvn0.jpg]
11-25-2007 01:48 PM
Lost Offline
Truly...Purily...Lost

I have a regular pc...slightly modified w/ graphics card, memory, added 1 hard drive, cd drive w/ burner, dvd drive w/ burner & lytscribe...u know, ur average computer.

it's a compaq running XP...i just inherited after my parents upgraded their puter the other day for an emachine w/ a shit load more ram, memory, and runs vista...

it's all good though...i think
11-25-2007 10:52 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

A really crappy dell, where the best thing in it is my hardrive >_>
I don't even have a DVD drive :]

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-26-2007 01:14 AM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

LoL, Jack, I had one of those growing up.??Good ol' Cardboard 64's.??I see yours is one of the newer ones with mouse support.??Mine ran on calculator shortcuts.??=/

In anycase, I'm on a laptop.??But not just any laptop!??I'm on a Toshiba Satellite R25-S3513 tablet PC!??=D??That's means I can use a pen to point, click, draw, or write on the screen!??Hand-written text is understood and converted to text in a selected text field!??The screen can rotate 180? then close back down (the latch also flips to this position), then the screen changes from a landscape layout to portrait.??You can change which way you're holding the tablet with the rotate button on the face (portrait or landscape, either direction).??There are five buttons and a multi-directional pad (which is one of the five buttons when pressed) which can all be set to any hotkey one wishes - including F-keys!??Turn on /q1 and I've got all three of my skill tiers on the face of my computer with F9 on the side of my pen.??=3

Aside from being a tablet it sports an Intel Core Duo T2050 (1.6GHz, 533MHz FSB) processor, 1024MB (512MBx2) DDR2 ram at 533MHz, an Intel GMA950 GMU (which sucks, but I don't play any 3-D games and I don't run things that waste resources like Vista's aero glass theme, so I'm okay with that - it allows my system to run a lot cooler), 100GB hard drive 5400RPM SATA, 14.1" widescreen LCD TruBrite WXGA+ (1440x900) display, a Fingerprint reader, and Windows Vista connected to a 20mb wireless lan.??It's an all-around fun little toy I bought from my brother when he got demoted at his job and no longer needed a laptop.??Laugh

Set-ups are as follows.??I'm unable to do the fun stuff I was speaking of earlier with the stylus since my 18-month old nephew ran off with said stylus.??Communication is a pain with that anyway as I can't use it to write in RO lest I window RO.??You see, when requiring hand-writing-to-text conversion, you click on this little window that hides 98% of itself beyond the right side of your screen.??When you do, the 750x150p window opens in the middle of the screen with 1 of three faces.??You can choose a solid blank line, a line divided into individual cells per letter, or a virtual keyboard.??Plus, I can type a lot faster than I can write.??I can keep this window in the bottom of my screen for easy chatting, but a 14-inch is small enough as is in full screen.??=/??Ventrilo or TeamSpeak would make this a lot better.

When the TV is not in use I set my laptop on my guitar stool and plug it into our 55" 1080i HDTV via s-video cable, the audio into our surround sound, and don my wireless gear for optimal living room RO'ing!??Icon_biggrin
When it is in use I set my laptop on a coffee table (we have two in the living room =p ) with the screen turned at the aforementioned 180? - though not closed, plug in my wireless gear, and make my desk on a couch or an armchair.??=p

The other day I had it plugged into the big screen and I was playing RO in my brother's massage chair listening to Mozart.? XD
My brother makes $1,200 a week.??It's great.??Icon_eek
I only make $300.??Icon_lol

My brother makes four times as much money as I do.??And I'm the one who graduated!??xD

That's funny.??At least I get to play with all of his really cool stuff; and I get to buy it off of him if he gets bored with it or no longer has a use for it.??Like this laptop or my big screen... which got ran over when one of my brother's drunk friends drove through our garage... >_>

I plan on getting a Novatel Ovation with Sprint so I can play at work on my lunch breaks since I never have anything to do anyway.??=p??Plus, it has GPS and software for finding the nearest w/e which is something I think all mobile devices should have this day and age.??Ok

So, there's my little set up which is made awesome by my brother's expensive toys.??Some people have custom-built powerhouses; I play on a big screen HDTV in surround sound sitting in a massage chair listening to Mozart.??/rice

It's a lot better than my old PC... We won't say anything about it, but you can see how well its integrated video processor produced simple transparencies...And how some of them stayed in the middle of my screen...??>_>

Here's a screeny when I was borrowing a room mates vid card in Aluquerque of transparencies as they should appear for comparison to my above screenies representing how transparencies should not appear (that is, opaque).??The only screeny I could find that had a warp on it in my photobucket was when I was leveling my g/f-of-the-time's priestess behind her back to both freak her out and to be the sweet kinda guy I am.??=p

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2007 03:54 AM by Whispers.)
11-26-2007 03:40 AM
Flossy Offline
Falathiel of Fate

Flossy's System Specs ~

Motherboard~
Alienware Approved X38 Motherboard
(PCI-Express 2.0, and DDR3 memory)

Graphics Card~
Dual 1GB ATI? Radeon? HD 2900 XT - CrossFire Enabled

Ram~
4GB Low Latency Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 2 x 2048MB

OS~
Windows XP (Vista Sucks - Had it and killed it the next day)

Storage Drives~
1TB SATA 3Gb/s 7,200RPM 32MB Cache -Two of them

External Storage Drive~
1TB SATA 3Gb/s 7,200RPM 32MB Cache

Disk Drives~
4X Dual-Layer Blu-ray Disc Re-writable
20X Dual-Layer DVD?RW w/ LightScribe

Sound Card~
Creative Sound Blaster? X-Fi? XtremeGamer High Definition 7.1 Audio

Network Card~
Bigfoot Networks Killer K1 10/100/1000 Gigabit Network Card with FNA Upgrade

Power Supply~
Alienware 1000 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply

Monitor~
30'' Dell 2560 x 1600 (12ms) Ultra Sharp Widescreen Flat Panel

Speakers~
Logitech Z-5500 THX Certified 5.1 500-watt Dolby Digital & DTS Hardware Decoding Speaker System

Keyboard~
Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard

Mouse~
Razer Lachesis Phantom White Gaming Mouse

Joysticks~
Black Logitech Driving Force Pro
Saitek X52 Pro Flight System
Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System

Headset~
GH30 Vibration Headset

(Hahaha mine is the best Icon_razz)
~Oops forgot the network card XDDDD

[Image: flossysig1ak1.jpg]
Flossy - The Real Meaning

Word used to define someone who is really intelligent but a bit stupid or an airhead.
A "Flossy" would say "I have a Phd in Math....do you think we can sit on chairs underwater ?"
Or
"My IQ is 160, But i think red cars are faster than blue ones"
^ WHAT !! Thats BS~!!! Blue cars are FASTER !!~~~~~!!!~~
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2007 04:30 PM by Flossy.)
11-27-2007 04:20 PM
Sephiroth! Offline
One Winged Angel

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 1501.

Virkun- 98/69 Professor
Rhyzu- 93/50 Crusader
Arthion- 93/63 High Priest
Michael Jackson- 77/50 Bard
Stuntin'- 80/** Monk
11-27-2007 04:56 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

nursing a HP pavilion dv2120

dual core amd turion64 1.6 ghz
win xp
nvidia 6150 mobile card
1 gig memory
120 gig harddrive
8x lightscribe dvd/writer
1.6 ghz front side bus

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
11-27-2007 09:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply