Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
D/C During WoE?
777LuCKY Offline
The Retired Astronomer

D/C During WoE?

Can the server handle all the people during WoE? The server d/ced twice so far. If we can't WoE I believe we deserve another time to fight.

Wed. 16 of Nov.

It was fun heRO ~Retired~ June 28, 06! Have a good one guys!

[Image: herovotebanner3wd.gif]
11-16-2005 10:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cessy Offline
Seals for Breakfast

RE: D/C During WoE?

hey wand, sorry I'm not on right now (got called to work on sudden notice).

er... how many people are online?

[Image: cessysynesthesiasig18nw.jpg]

[Image: voteherobanner1kb.gif]

ign: Cessy
11-16-2005 10:58 PM
GM-Scott Offline
The one you love to hate

You know when you're a player and you get frustrated about something and you yell about it on the server forums and then other people come in and join in your yelling and then the "owner" gets on and tell you something along the line of "we're sorry about this and blablabla" and you think in your head "yeah, he's sorry all right, he's not the one losing exp and items and other things".

Well, I'm glad that NOW I can finally understand a server admin. I'm glad because NOW I know it was sincere. I know the pain of having your server crash and let down dozens of people. And trust me, it's really very extremely unpleasant. And frustrating.

Not only because you have your OWN "what the hell, not again!?" but you know that dozens of other people say the exact same thing and look at heRO like it was a pile of crashes and not a great RO server.

I don't want to say you don't trust our sincerity when we apologize. I just want to say that these apologies are a lot more meaningful that they appear.

We may not lose in game items or zeny, but we lose people trust and respect and this, we can't spawn using @item...

We apologize. We are in the process of investigating a linux installation. If you have potent howtos, please drop me a private message with the link! Icon_smile

Thanks! And may the crashes god damn stop!

It's not "guys only", it's "heroic"!
11-16-2005 11:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

*nods and agrees wiht GM-Scott*
Alot of the yelling is in the heat of the moment too
Alot of people (not to say all) don't really mean to be so mean towards GM when it crashes
but sometimes it comes at crucial moments like EMP breaking (I don't know if it happened today)
But players get discouraged by the crashes.
And I guess the administration too since it does hurt the trust between the GMs and players.

Oh well~...

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
11-16-2005 11:45 PM
GM-Feith
Unregistered

wow such a speech! Icon_suprised

*claps* *claps* *claps*
11-17-2005 12:34 AM
Quote this message in a reply