Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Needing Help w/ GC Sader Build
~Mace~ Offline

Needing Help w/ GC Sader Build

Hey Everyone!

Been playing RO on various servers for a while, usually play dagger rogues, but thought I'd give a go to being a GC Sader. My main question is if I'm making int my main, should my secondary be dex or vit... or should they be equal? Here is the build that I have in mind (still debating it), let me know what you think, and ways you mite think I can improve.

Final Stats (Approximately rounded to the nearest 10)

Str: 40
Agi: 1
Vit: 90
Int: 100
Dex: 50
Luk: 1

I'm placing the skills in order of acquisition. Also I stopped at job lvl 46 for the first time around... If I transcend where should my 4 extra points go for swordie? And should I invest in maxing holy cross in case I don't mob, or is Peco ride a better investment?

Skills:

Lvl 10 Sword Mastery
Lvl 10 Increase HP Recovery
Lvl 05 Bash
Lvl 10 Magnum Break
Lvl 05 Provoke
Lvl 05 Endure

Lvl 10 Faith
Lvl 01 Cure
Lvl 03 Divine Protection
Lvl 05 Demon Bane
Lvl 10 Heal
Lvl 06 Holy Cross
Lvl 10 Grand Cross
Lvl 10 Holy Cross

Any and all help would be great. I havn't quite thought about my final equips yet... but I figure that can all be changed much more easily than my stats and skills.

Thanks again! Have a good one!
11-28-2007 07:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

RE: Needing Help w/ GC Sader Build

once you get GC 10 you won't be using str that much so that can be dropped whenever you reset next at that point.??(or if you can get a fireblend that works too).??don't worry about holy cross because overall the skill is less useful then bash 10.

PVP wise get the swordsman secret skills fatal blow or whatever it was called.??In pvp, a GC sader is dangerous if he can stun you because you can't move out of his GC before he casts it if you stun them.

You might wanna drop magnum break, it's a crap skill overall and should really only be used for tagging mass amounts when you don't wanna get your face caved in by large mobs.

So toss Magnum break points into Bash and provoke or endure to your taste.

but anyways, aside from that your stats appear to be not horrible, and from those minor skill changes that seems fine.

EDIT: Oh yes, forgot to mention. Get Faith. it sounds crappy but the +2000 hp from it is REALLY helpful.

Hi, don't whisper me please.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2007 07:47 PM by Rhino_Man.)
11-28-2007 07:46 PM
~Mace~ Offline

Thanks for the suggestions... Here are a few follow up questions that you may be able to answer.

The 40 str is really 28 +12 Job Boost... do you think i should still reduce it?

I really used magnum break as a means to lvl up from the swordie class by mobbing wolves (it works wonders). I can see how otherwise its useless... but lvling up to the point where u get GC is quite tedious =P I suppose after I get GC however I can just skill reset at that point and transport the skill points into Bash and Endure/Provoke... But does this skill have use for when I want to mob and they are not weak to holy (or when I don't want to sacrifice 20% of my hp)?

Also as a side note from that comment. Can trans class reset stats/skills on this server?

And finally Faith is the first thing I got =P It seems very useful so far =)

Thanks again Rhino_Man!
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2007 07:59 PM by ~Mace~.)
11-28-2007 07:57 PM
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

Faith is useful very very useful yes.??Search for holy armor as soon as you can, yes drop that str to 1 you don't need it in GC build.??That answers your other question about magnum break because without str it's useless.??EDIT: er, I suppose I should be more specific. Once you have GC 10 throw those points of str into int and whatever is left goes into dex. The idea behind it is to get as high an int as you possibly can to a) boost heal and b) increase the damage you do with GC.

Everyone can reset they just need to pay the cost.??it's free to lvl 40 then after that it's got a scaling cost based on your level.

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2007 12:42 AM by Rhino_Man.)
11-29-2007 12:41 AM
funkyfly Offline
I poke you

Strength will be useful for carrying pots because do not always rely on heal. 30 strength is alright.

I would advise against having vitality that high. It is way better to go for high dex ( cast time is calculated by : DEX / 1.5 , courtesy of http://rodatazone.simgaming.net/mechanics/stats.php ) . The reasons are:

a) GC will always reduce your hp by 20% due to kickback. The higher your HP , i.e. VIT, the more SP you will have to use to heal yourself.

b) high dex = faster gc cast = kill faster = better survival rate

Holy armor is not easy to get and you can only get that by two ways:

1) angeling card ( good luck with the OCAs or repetitively killing angeling)

2) B.S.S skill which is done by 1 priest and 2 acos.

A more realistic gear setup would involve balancing DEF and MDEF. I would recommend the following;

double hurricane haedonggum
poo poo hat/ beret/ feather hat/ angel halo / wedding veil
cranial mirror shield
rosaries/safety rings/ anything to increase MDEF
ragamuffin mant / immune garment
crystal pumps/ any carded boots

Regarding Magnum break, leave it at level 1 because when there are too many monsters piled up on 1 cell, the number of gc hits will reduce. For example, 3 monsters stacked on 1 cell = all monsters will only get hit once. 2 monsters stacked 1 cell = 1 monster will get hit once and the other will get hit twice. Magnum break will help disperse the stacking and hopefully render 3 hits to all victims.

My last advice would be, time your GC cast proportionately to the speed of your incoming target. If done correctly, you can hit your target 4 times. It is a known glitch. Practice the 4 hit GC on khalitzburgs.

Feel free to ask anymore questions.

Lyn The Rogue - obvious
Lin The Merchant - obvious
[Image: 300260xi0.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2007 01:27 AM by funkyfly.)
11-29-2007 01:22 AM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

You might find this old topic useful:

http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthrea...131&page=1

Not the first post, the posters' suggestions and feedback.
11-29-2007 02:19 AM
funkyfly Offline
I poke you

Here is sound knowledge of GC

http://forums.roempire.com/showthread.php?t=39942

Lyn The Rogue - obvious
Lin The Merchant - obvious
[Image: 300260xi0.gif]
11-29-2007 03:14 AM
Former-GM-Altheridos Offline
Banned

Another way to get a holy armor is to get the crusader combo.
11-29-2007 07:01 AM
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

GC damage is not effected by weapon atk as much as int. Get an excalibur. It's an easy quest from the king of prontera.

11-29-2007 11:36 AM
~Mace~ Offline

Thanks Guys!

In process of reading many sources.. so still debating everything and always open to more feed back and suggestions. I am well on my way to becoming a proficient Sader.

And as for the equips... Once I make some money that will be more of a concern. As for the Excalibur... What is the quest that you speak of? And is 5int more worthwhile than the 3int plus 40atk that can be gotten by Haedonggum w/ 2 Andre cards?
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2007 06:04 AM by ~Mace~.)
11-30-2007 05:54 AM