Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is this a bug??
Blob Offline

Is this a bug??

Hey, i just started playing HeRO recently again after a little break..thanks to the new(?) item sharing in party options, other players are looting OBBs dropped because of MY mimic card.. now, im all for loot sharing, its great for priests and such who would usually not get much loot.. but why should other players get to have my OBBs from a card i worked my ass off to find? Mad i think this needs to be fixed.. i love the party loot share otherwise and its really annoying to have to have it set to individual just to avoid getting my OBBs stolen. (im sure the same applies to those who have myst case cards, or other such cards that give % to drop something...)

Soubi - Sage
Mello - Knight
Altoid - Hunter
Dr. Pepper - Alchemist
Somers Mistress - Priest
Dynamite - Perma Taekwon
12-11-2007 07:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: Is this a bug??

Since the card works by making the item as a monster loot, on official server they will drop to the floor as well. Thus the obb from mimic/hero hats applies to the share item rule. This is unavoidable even in official server and Namin? is guessing that it is intended to work this way.

(Namin? uses mimic card too. Sharing the obb just makes everyone happy and not that bad of a thing hm?)

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
12-11-2007 08:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Raccoon Offline

There is nothing that could be done from a technical point, because of the way the game distributes loot. On servers without autoloot, if the item drops and its not 'set' for you, you cant pick it up for a few seconds. Pretty much if they leave it, you can grab it.

With autoloot, it takes that same concept of everyone having items allocated to them and simply puts it into your bag automatically.

Theres nothing in place that would enable all the OBBs/Gift Box's/Etc. to come to you because its your equipped item.
12-11-2007 09:32 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Sadly this is not something I can fix, alto although I agree if the loot comes from your equipment you should get it. Just something we have to live with :\

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
12-11-2007 09:54 AM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

From now on only go in trustworthy parties? or maybe make it clear yo guys if you get my obb me wants! Icon_razz thats all that you can do ./pat

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
12-11-2007 10:54 AM