Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
De-card NPC?
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: De-card NPC?

lol @ Mystra.

I knew there was a reason people GMed aside from the joy of dealing with messy community relations problems, eternally grateful community members who never whine, and the pure unadulterated glee it must bring some GMs to get to spend their time bot-checking, rule-enforcing, and managing player relations instead of playing!!!

Icon_biggrin

EDIT: And, for the record, I was against the de-card donation service, but I didn't deem it worth saying anything about. As long as it's being taken out, I thought I'd voice my brief opinion just so Pandora doesn't think there is only a small amount of support, and that some of it is rational. I just saw that and was a little sad that the server was going to begin offering donation items, or services, not available in game without a donation, you know? Charging for the other stuff (sex change, name change, whatever the others were) make sense because it truly is stuff that doesn't affect game balance in any way that I can discern and simply might make a few people happier (o.O) and be worth $5.

I would honestly have no problem even if you were trying to make money on the server (which I know you're not) because, quite frankly, you guys deserve to with all the work you put into this server. But I'm also VERY selfish because I like the fact that there aren't really any game-play changing donation services that are impossible to get without donations (thus making them not so threatening to those of us with only work-study jobs who are paying for college with summer work money Icon_biggrin)

Either way, I respect your decision and you should really do what you want - it is your server after all. Sorry, this ended up being far less brief than I thought it would be. Sorry

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2008 10:18 AM by azurerogue.)
01-17-2008 10:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

It's fine, thanks for the input Icon_smile

Well the de-card is out as you all know, hope the other stuff are not deemed too bad even if it is donation only. Afterall we did offer name change to everyone for 2 weeks before adding this service in the donation. As for the sex change, well it's a delicate operation you know, we change much less than regular plastic surgeon Icon_wink

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-17-2008 10:24 AM
Flossy Offline
Falathiel of Fate

...Just as i was about to finally get to donate and de-card a bow at the same time... this happens, And i don't see how it is unbalancing the server

[Image: flossysig1ak1.jpg]
Flossy - The Real Meaning

Word used to define someone who is really intelligent but a bit stupid or an airhead.
A "Flossy" would say "I have a Phd in Math....do you think we can sit on chairs underwater ?"
Or
"My IQ is 160, But i think red cars are faster than blue ones"
^ WHAT !! Thats BS~!!! Blue cars are FASTER !!~~~~~!!!~~
01-17-2008 09:48 PM
Jasper Offline
Don't do drugs kids :O

i do

[Image: 223968_1188249704copy.jpg]
Tripp - 99/70 High Wizard
Acid Tripp - 96/6x Creator
J Vigil 9x/6x? Lord Knight
My siggy Icon_sad
01-17-2008 09:50 PM
Flossy Offline
Falathiel of Fate

How so ? I also play on a 1/1/1 server they have a De-card NPC, and its not unbalanced at all, But figuring you have to pay 5 mill +5 gold and an emp to de-card its kind of expensive.

[Image: flossysig1ak1.jpg]
Flossy - The Real Meaning

Word used to define someone who is really intelligent but a bit stupid or an airhead.
A "Flossy" would say "I have a Phd in Math....do you think we can sit on chairs underwater ?"
Or
"My IQ is 160, But i think red cars are faster than blue ones"
^ WHAT !! Thats BS~!!! Blue cars are FASTER !!~~~~~!!!~~
01-17-2008 09:53 PM
Bonesaw Offline

@ Flossy

The thing here is that the economy on this server has taken time to be established not to mention the time people have put in to plan out their slotting and in many cases, multiples of certain armors.

As soon as a de-carder is implemented a lot of the economy is curroded by the fact that cards aren't as scarce any more and armors can be carded with much more freedom.
01-18-2008 02:30 AM
funkyfly Offline
I poke you

If people really want a decarder that badly, make it have a chance of 30% chance to fail. Upon failure the item will break along with the card slotted in it destroyed. On top of that, a random stat will be deducted by 10 points permanently.

Lyn The Rogue - obvious
Lin The Merchant - obvious
[Image: 300260xi0.gif]
01-18-2008 03:06 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

o.O

Reducing stats permanently?

That's a bit extreme, don't you think?

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
01-18-2008 03:13 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Or just let this thread die since Ms. Pandora already said what she is going to do regarding de-card~

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
01-18-2008 03:40 AM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

just a thought for the ToH de carding process what about if they want to keep the card they have to get like 90 points or so + they won't get new wings this round but they can use there "wing points" to take out the card instead? (thus keeping there current wings and card) so this way preventing the "well his 5th gen wings have ed he's doomed forever" situation

2. same suggestion cept you don't keep the card ^_^ I like this one better Icon_razz

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
01-21-2008 01:54 AM