Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Soul Change Question
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Soul Change Question

How does this skill work? According to RMS it's this:

Quote:Exchange SP of the target with your SP. With this exchange it's not possible for any of the partners to exceed their Maximum SP. If you use this on a monster, you regain 3% of your SP. You can't use this skill on a monster again that already had Soul Change. You can use this skill in Siege Mode (WoE).

Does this mean that I can't use it if my current SP > target's max and vice versa? That seems impractical. If that is not the case, then why isn't the skill working? I have it now on my professor and I tried to Soul Change a Sniper friend and it simply won't cast. Doesn't say the skill fails, just never does anything, the circle that you use to choose target never even goes away. I used it fine on enemies... but it won't work on other players, and yes he was in my party.

If someone (especially a player with a Professor) could offer any tips, I would really appreciate it. I'll check back later tonight Icon_biggrin

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
12-29-2007 06:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Soul Change Question

soul change, as it was coded to do, only works when the player's sp is not at full. what soul change really does (its desc is really bad) is takes the sp you have and gives it to the player in need of sp.

for example:

a priest parties in ice caves to keep people buffed and healed. he starts running low on sp and there happens to be a prof in the party. the prof soul changes with the priest, giving as much sp as is needed or possible if the priest's sp is higher than the profs, leaving the prof with little or no sp. that is how soul change works. i don't recall exactly, but i think it also has a chance to fail, but i could be wrong.
12-29-2007 06:48 PM
Astroboi Away

From what I remember, you had to hold shift when clicking on someone

edit: typo
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2007 10:26 PM by Astroboi.)
12-29-2007 08:52 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

that shouldn't be necessary as the skill is set to work on allies, and if you're partied, you should be allies so yeah i dunno, maybe if you have /ns activated you need to hold shift for it to go through. i know that sounds weird, but some skills are like that and won't operate correctly with /ns activated.
12-29-2007 09:30 PM
Lance Offline
Dragon Lance - Hiya! Normal People!

Only on allies? Hold shift click??

They must have changed the move then. =/
I remember being in WoE or in PvP and having the professors crash their own sp and then soul drain the enemies sp from them, leaving the opponent with no sp and the professor plenty.
12-29-2007 09:44 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Okay, unless it has been changed in very recent updates...this is how I know soul change to work....

-In woe, works on anyone as far as I know, but usually used on allies to switch sp, their sp can be full or not, you just switch with them.

-If you switch sp with someone who has less than you *when you are at full sp* then they get a full bar, you just get whatever sp they have, so they can't be given more than they have.

-I never used shift on allies in party, it should be set to work. I don't see why now they changed it to shift. Still works in pvp though without needing shift as far as I know. I'll be able to play around with soul change soon again to figure out how it changed.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
12-30-2007 01:47 AM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

well i'm not sure if it changed or not, all i know is that if you have the noshift option enabled certain skills get wonky and you have to hold the shift key in order to select the target you want to select. this usually only affects offensive skills, but can affect supportive/defensive ones as well.
12-30-2007 01:55 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I'll play around with it as I said when I get the skill again, it might have changed without me being aware of it.

I've already caught I feel most of the other sage/professor skill changes but I might not have found them all yet. Laugh

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
12-30-2007 02:07 AM
azurerogue Offline

Thanks Aaronock, and everyone else Icon_biggrin

I won't be able to get on until tomorrow - but I'll check the shift option then.??Thanks for the suggestions.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2007 05:19 AM by azurerogue.)
12-30-2007 05:18 AM
azurerogue Offline

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to give an update that, even when in the same party you must shift+click your friends to use the skill on them. Not sure about during WoE but after looking through the scripting from eAthena it seems that they added a switch to make it so that you can use it without shift during WoE. You can also use it on non-party members by using shift.

12-30-2007 01:52 PM