Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Firewall in woe
Jubei Offline
Chairman

Firewall in woe

Ive noticed that in woe, that firewall is like 100% hit and does like 4000 dmg when casted by wiz. You cannot retaliate, and it leaves you open for more attacks. This may seem minor to most, but i suggest a real look into this, thanks ^_^

cheers

[Image: hl101.jpg]
11-23-2005 11:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Demny Offline

RE: Firewall in woe

yeah, it does that~ But I think that's how iRO works now @_@ Since push back is disabled in woe, you literally get the full hit when you step in it~ Most of the server I've been on are like that so it's a real pain >_<

I think this requires more tweaking in the scripting if they want to change it so it may be out of the hands for the GM~

We'll see the response from the GM and other people =D

[Image: herosig20vd.jpg]
11-23-2005 11:37 PM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

Yeah, and now you cant hide while being hit because of a damage delay... So theres basically no escaping attacks anymore /swt
11-23-2005 11:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
777LuCKY Offline
The Retired Astronomer

Jubei Wrote:Ive noticed that in woe, that firewall is like 100% hit and does like 4000 dmg when casted by wiz.??You cannot retaliate, and it leaves you open for more attacks.??This may seem minor to most, but i suggest a real look into this, thanks ^_^

cheers

Its like that for a reason, there is no pushback in WoE, if you except this in WoE, then they should except all skills that have pushback, Like Double Strafe, StormGust, etc.

and yes you can retaliate, after you take the full 14 hits
(level 10 firewall)

[edit] P.S. There is no way 1 firewall pillar can do 4000 Damage, unless your an idiot who runs into the rest of the pillars.

It was fun heRO ~Retired~ June 28, 06! Have a good one guys!

[Image: herovotebanner3wd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2005 10:52 AM by 777LuCKY.)
11-24-2005 10:46 AM
Demny Offline

I don't think it's nice to call them an idiot if they do get 4k dmg >_>

3 firewall, 14 hits ea., 100 dmg ea.? = ouch?

[Image: herosig20vd.jpg]
11-24-2005 11:52 AM
777LuCKY Offline
The Retired Astronomer

Demny Wrote:I don't think it's nice to call them an idiot if they do get 4k dmg >_>

3 firewall, 14 hits ea., 100 dmg ea.? = ouch?

Its not nice to call people idiots yep. But that's not the point, and yes 3 firewall at 14 hits the damage adds up, but I thought you meant one firewall.

It was fun heRO ~Retired~ June 28, 06! Have a good one guys!

[Image: herovotebanner3wd.gif]
11-24-2005 01:40 PM
Balmung Offline
Knight of Midgar

Firewall is one of the only defensive magics Mage can use in war of emperium concidering icewall doesn't work.

The damage of the firewall on players is the same as on monsters, if you equip fire resisting equipement you won't have any problem dealing with them. However if you do not have fire elemental equipement, please don't get upset if you are damaged.

Its also a question of magic defence. If you have a magic defensive gear, you won't be resistant to physical damage and if you have a defense gear you won't be resistant to magic. But the thing is most character go for plain defence and forget magic defence hence why they get soo damaged by firewall.

Firewall is not strong unless you have low int, because each hit of a firewall is reduced by the MGD, meaning that if it hits for around 100 and you have 99 int, you receive 1 damage/hit.

It would be stupid to lower firewall damage because some people have no magic defence. Should we lower the attack on each weapon because not everyone has good armors?

Please think about it.
11-24-2005 04:29 PM