Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombie Invasion (Forum game)- Sign Up!
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Zombie Invasion (Forum game)- Sign Up!

For those who dislikes fun forum-based games that comes with a cost of a lot of rulings or reading very long posts, you may want to leave this thread now.

For those who liked Werewolves Event in heRO, you may want to stay and bear through the long post/rules.

A formerly exclusive game that has been played for the last 2 months and received many positive feedbacks, Zombie Invasion is a forum based mafia type of game that uses many Ragnarok Online concepts, logic puzzles, roleplaying, teamwork and deceit in order to win. Now this exclusive game is welcoming new players in the public forum here!

General Gameplay

A group of heroes (the players) travel through the world of heRO in search of the Zombie King (one of the chosen player, selected secretly) that plagues the land. The Zombie King actually hides along one of the heroes, and it is the heroes' job to find out who it is before it's all over.

In a round, there are destinations to go to as heroes carry out simple quests and follow a given plotline. However, the Zombie King summons certain amount of zombies in each destined location that will worn the heroes out and the heroes must utilize their spells and weapons to defeat the zombies. Heroes must make the best choice to try to avoid as many encounter as possible, while looking for hints to see who the Zombie King is. Heroes can cast votes that can deal damage one of the players in the team in hopes of eventually defeating the disguised Zombie King. Can the heroes find out who the Zombie King is through clues and other detective work before the heroes are devoured?

Utilize Ragnarok Online class skills to find and defeat the Zombie King, while stopping the Zombie King's disruptive spells, minions and his feared Underlings!

Requirements to Play

1. Post at least once every three days
-players are required to be active, and make posts for join discussion in an attempt to find the identity of the Zombie King. Each round is approximately 3 days long, and it is expected that all players need to post at least once in each round.

2. Willingness to Read
-Rules are very long. Some of the game posts are also pretty long. Players must be willing to read some long posts at times (but hey there's 3 days to each round if there's no time to do it in a day.)

3. Commitment
-Very fast games are a month, but games are expected to go for 2-3 months. Though it's acceptable to miss out a period of time due to work or exams, but do try to join every round to keep the game interesting. This game relies heavily on player commitment and contribution to be fun!

4. Check PMs
-A lot of the skills or communication takes place by forum PMs. Check your PMs often and be sure to read/reply to them.

5. Common Sense
-just use common sense for everything else so you do not ruin the playing experience of everyone else. Be honest and follow the game rules!

I, Namin?, will function as the GM and host of the game.
(and this will probably be the only thread that I'll type in first person with somewhat proper English.)

Goal of the Game
Zombie King and his/her allies
-Win when there are less heroes living compare to the combined number of Zombie King and any of the Zombie King's remaining allies.

Heroes
-Deplete the Zombie King's HP to zero
-Survive at all cost

This game takes place in Rounds. We will go through all different aspects and steps to each Round.

Detailed Game play: Before the Start of a Round

This section is only applicable to the Zombie King player.

Before a round even begins, I will PM the Zombie King player with a preview of the upcoming round, with details of any special events, items, or any catastrophes that will take place next round. Within this PM, usually there are 3 options for the heroes to pick and choose for where to go next round.

The Zombie King will be given a number of Zombies to distribute along these three locations. The given number of Zombies will increase as the game goes on to increase the difficulty level for the heroes, which is in the Zombie King's favor. The Zombie King will reply to my PM with the chosen method to distribute these zombies. The Zombie King may distribute these zombies in any manner he/she wants along these three locations.

The Zombie King must distribute all zombies within a round. He/She cannot "conserve" some zombies to build up an army for future rounds. No zombies from any rounds will ever "carry over" to a future round under any circumstances.

During this time is the only time that the Zombie King can create/modify the "Priority List." See the "Priority List" section on details of what it is.

The Zombie King and his/her Underlings have some skills that they can use only at this point in time. If they are using these spells, the Zombie King's PM to me regarding zombie distribution must also mention using these spells. See the character section for details on what these spells are.

Detailed Game play: the Discussion/Voting Round

All players, including the disguised zombie king, participate in the Round. There are many things to do in a round, so I'll break it up into subsections.

General

Players will be given vivid details about the upcoming round. There is usually a small amount of story to read. Ultimately, the players will be presented with 3 choices of where to go or what to do for this round. Through a system of democratic voting, the group must choose one of the 3 choices of what to do for the next round, and hopefully makes the best choice. The group will be given a few days (specific time will be given each round) as a discussion period to make the best choice.

The players must discuss on what seems to be the best option using logical thinking and reading the given amount of details for the round. While they are doing this, players should try to figure out who is the Zombie King by their way of speech, voting and decision.

All players, including the Zombie King and his/her allies, will vote on one of those given choices by the end of a round. Any player is allowed to change his or her vote at *any* given point of the round either by editing or making a new post. That is not considered underhanded or cheating if they change vote without doing it explicitly, and it is perfectly acceptable. However, secret ballet of voting for a round by PMing me is not allowed. You must vote within the game thread and be *precise* for what you choose.

I will tally the results periodically to keep everyone updated, but I do not have to promise that they are always, always the most updated scenario. By the end of the specific time, I will tally the results once again. The option with the most votes will be chosen as the entire group's action for the round. If a tie occurs, then we will use the "Priority List" to solve the problem. See the "Priority List" section for details.

When you vote, please choose a random integer between 0 to 6. This is purely used for game/item mechanics for reasons you don't have to know about. There's nothing good or bad if you pick the same number as anyone else.

Zombie King's Role

The zombie king already knows what will result in picking each of those choices. He/She knows exactly how many zombies are hidden in each of those 3 choices, and what special events occur. The Zombie King must persuade the group with a series of lies to make the worse choice possible, so that the group will encounter more dangers (zombies, traps, special events with damaging results.) While doing all of this, the Zombie King must try to conceal his/her identity so that he/she is not discovered.

Items and Weapons

Weapons are easy to understand. Weapons are shared by the group, and not claimed by anyone. Weapons will be given at the start of each round, or by special events and skills (such as the Blacksmith's Forging ability.) Weapons are used in Zombie encounters. You do not have to do anything with weapons. You are simply notified of how many there at the beginning of each round.

Throughout the game, there are many helpful items that will help both the Zombie King's team and the heroes alike. Items will be given at the start of each round. However, the group needs to systematically figure out a way to divide up the items and to decide the ownership of each item.

Players may make open claims to have any items. However, if there are objections, players must work it out among themselves of who gets to keep which item. If the round is ending, and the disputes are not worked out, then no one will get to keep the item. The item/s will be pushed into next round, and it'll be delayed time after time until the group can come to an unified agreement to who will keep which item/s. I will also update from time to time, who tried to claim ownership of each item during a round, but that is all I will do in terms of distributing items.

Some items include:
-White potion: restore 1 hp, does not work on the zombie king or the underling
-Blue potion: restore 1 sp, works for anyone.
-Gemstone: used as an activation cost for some abilities.

You may trade items with other players, but all trading must occur within the game thread. If items are traded, PM me to verify so I can change that on the game document here! Zombie King and underlings can share items.

Voting to Damage Another Player

During this time, a player may launch a formal petition against another player in hopes of dealing some damage to that selected player. All players (zombie king's allies and the heroes) will have to vote if they agree with the notion or disagree during this round. If there are more than 50% of all players who agreed with the notion by the end of the round, then the player who is under attacked by the formal petition will receive 1 HP damage. Anyone who does not vote for this will be automatically treated as "disagree with the notion." Players are free to discuss about this formal petition and how they should vote within the round.

There is no penalty for anyone who tried to launch a formal petition against another player and the notion fails. The formal petition counts as a failure if there is a tie.

This is a great method for the Zombie King to try to deal some damage to the other players. For the heroes, this is a great method to try to guess out who the Zombie King is, and deal damage to him/her.

Using Special Skills and items

This is also the time for players to utilize their specific character's abilities or items. PM me and you can use one of your spells, items and/or abilities. Check the character list to see what classes are capable of doing.

Most of the skills/items need to be manually activated. You have to PM me during this time to use the skill as indicated under each skill's description in the character list. By default, I will use all skills and items possible to keep you alive when necessary in your best interest

(eg. you only have 1 hp left and you are about to die due to a zombie's attack, but you have a white potion. I will automatically use the white potion to restore your hp without your consent to keep you alive.)

In your PM, you can set up a few conditions to automatically use a spell under certain situation. However, you have to be specific about when to use it, and if it's only for this one round or all future rounds to come.

(eg. Grand Cross is the Crusader's attack against zombies in an encounter. However, it needs to be manually activated. The player must declare that they are going to use it this round in a PM to me. One way to use Grand Cross more effectively is to send in a PM with a specified condition, saying, "use Grand Cross whenever there is 6 or more zombies in the round, for the next 3 rounds to come." Then, I will automatically use Grand Cross for the Crusader whenever the given condition is met.)

However, there may be some conditions to how flexible you can be with your set conditions in your plans to use a spell. The condition that you set up cannot rely on an unknown variable (eg. You're a Priest and you declare "Use heal whenever an ally player is injured." But injuries on other players is not something you know.) Conditions for using an ability must depend on something that you have access to know, such as the number of zombies at the point of encounter, your current hp, the number of living players, and so on.

When the round is over, and all the votes are counted up, then we move on to the Encounter.

The Zombie Encounter- It's time to Battle!

After all the voting to decide on where to go, it is time to carry out all the special events as a result of the decision.

The heroes will battle with any Zombies and monsters in the area. Most of the time, Zombies are considered as monsters with 1 HP. There are some exceptions.

Heroes will first attack the zombies with any available weapons. Each weapon allows the heroes to deal 1 HP damage to a zombie. Weapon will break each time it is used, and they cannot be repaired. You will have to rely on getting new weapons. Weapon in this game will be generalized so that they are usable by all classes, and always deal 1 HP damage unless certain skills are involved.

If all weapons are used up and there are still Zombies left to defeat, then the heroes will resort to Spells. Spells will be cast to destroy the zombies. These spells are decided by what characters are chosen, and it'll depend on classes of the players.

Weapons are always used first, and until weapons are completely used up, only then will spells be used. You cannot conserve weapons and use some spells early on to save the weapons for a later time.

If weapons are all used up, and spells are all used (SP exhausted, or out of item requirements to use some spells), then it is the Zombie's turn to attack. They will launch a suicidal attack that will deal 1 HP damage to a player, then die.

Similar to the case of weapons, spells cannot be conserved. You cannot plan to "take the hit" and conserve your spells for a future use. You will use all spells possible if needed.

We will have to introduce the Priority List to explain the order of the heroes' attacks and who the zombies attack when they are given the opportunity.

Priority List

This is the list that the Zombie King sets up during the beginning of a round. He/She cannot change the list at another other time in the game.

The Priority List contains the names of all other players in the game in a specific order. The order of these names represent the order of which the Zombie King will like to attack his/her victims. The people that the Zombie King wants to kill off the most will be first (such as Priests, or low HP players) on the Priority List. The ones who the Zombie King may want to spare for the meantime will be last on the Priority List.

The main function of the Priority List is to determine who will get damaged by the Zombie's suicidal attacks first when the Zombies got the chance to launch their suicidal attacks.

In a round, one Zombie will deal damage to the first on the Priority List. Then, the next zombie will attack the next person on the Priority List, and so on and on until the Zombie hits the last person on the list. If that happens, then the zombies will restart at the top of the priority list and restart the cycle again.

Another use of the list is to determine the order of the Player's attack. Generally, the first on the list will use a weapon to attack. Then, the next on the list will use a weapon to attack, and so on. This part with weapon is largely unimportant except to calculate some special skills, mainly the Hunter's Double Strafe attack. This process is repeated until all the weapons are used up. After the weapons are gone, then it is time to use spells, which is when the Priority List is important. Who will have to waste the SP/gemstones to use spells to attack?

The List checks if the first player on the list can cast any spells. If that player can, then he/she will be forced to use the spell to attack. If they can't, then the list ignores that character now. Either way, move on to the next in the list, then the next, and so on. At the end of the list, it'll restart the checking procedure at the top of the priority list again. This is repeated until all spells are used up.

The final usage of this Priority List is to determine voting results of where to go in case of a tie. If there is a tie, then the group will go with the option chosen for whoever is highest on the Priority List.

Obviously, the Priority List is entirely secretive (unless skills are used), and potentially changed every turn at the beginning of a round.

Once the battle is over, a round comes to a close, and the next round begins.

Underlings

An unpredictable part of the game is the existence of an "Underling." At specified intervals, determined by me, the Zombie King can brainwash one of the players into an Underling. The brainwashed players lose all of his/her previous class's abilities and skills, and restart with a new class called the Underling. The Underling switch sides to try to assist the Zombie King as much as possible to destroy the heroes and lead them to their doom. The Underling cannot be "cured" to rejoin the heroes' side through anyway, and is forever bounded to the Zombie King as a trustworthy new teammate and ally.

Character List

Below is a character list of what classes you can play, and what abilities they have. There can be more than one player who plays the same classes (eg. 2 Knights on a team.) except for the Zombie King.

The item next to the class name represents the item that a player will start with if they choose that class.

If you see the name of an ability and you don't know what it is, search within this list. IF the ability is not found within this list, then the details of that ability is *meant* to be hidden and its information disclosed.

Zombie King 4 HP / 2 SP
*note: You cannot sign up directly for this class.
-Dark Ritual- (0 SP) Sacrifice 1 hp from an Underling in order to restore 1 Hp.
-Dark Resurrection- (1 gemstone) Revive an Underling with half HP and SP, rounded down. Others will not know that an underling is revived, but only see a message that a player is brought back to life.
-Change Undead- (1 SP) PM me to use this spell and select a player. The player cannot heal his/her HP by White Potions or ?Heal? spell for 3 rounds. The player will be notified that he/she is targeted by Change Undead.
-Summon Ghouls- (1 SP) PM me to use this spell and select one of the 3 areas to go to for next round. Increase the number of ghouls in the specified area by 2. You cannot use this spell more than once in a round. (note: a ghoul is a zombie with 2 hp, but their suicidal attack will only deal 1 damage like a regular zombie)

Underling 2 HP / 2 SP
*note: Players can only be this class if they are targeted by the Zombie King's brainwash. You cannot sign up to this class.
-Damage Resist- (passive) The Underling can take at most 1 HP worth of damage from players in one round including voting/player skills but excludes the Zombie King?s abilities.
-Lex Divina- (1 SP) PM me to use this spell and select a player. The player cannot use any skill for the next 2 rounds (passive ability still activates.)

Knight 5 HP / 1 SP White Potion
-Bowling Bash- (1 SP cost) PM me to use this skill. In the next round, for the consumption of each weapon, you can deal 1 damage to 2 zombies. If the Knight also received damage from a player(s) this round, deal 1 damage to all players who contributed to damage the Knight (such as hurting the assassin for grimtooth, or *all* players who voted to damage you this round.) Players will be notified that they got hit by Bowling Bash if applicable.
-Endure- (passive) if the Knight is to die this round, then endure will automatically come into play. Endure will be cast, and he will survive this round with 1 hp left. Using this skill will reveal to everyone automatically that you are a knight. You must wait for 3 rounds before Endure can be activated again.

Crusader- 4 HP / 2 SP White Potion
-Faith- (passive) The Crusader cannot be converted into an Underling. The zombie king will know that faith is activated is if s/he tries to convert the crusader and it fails.
-Grand Cross- (1 SP) PM me to use this attack, and during the next encounter, the crusader will unleash his ultimate attack and 1 damage to all zombies without a weapon and damage him/herself 1 Hp. This skill will used before the consumption of weapons, or any skills that consume weapons.

Wizard- 2 HP / 7 SP Gemstone
-Storm Gust- (1 SP) The wizard deals 1 damage towards a zombie. This skill is automatically used if there is an encounter and all weapons are consumed. If used inside caves, dungeons and enclosed area, this spell can attack 2 zombies instead of 1 (only attacks 1 zombie in byalan. City area is automatically considered indoor instead of outdoor, unless that location specifies an outdoor setting of the city, such as the market, fountain or the streets.)
-Safety Wall- (1 Gemstone) The wizard uses up 1 gemstone and erases his/her name off the priority list for this round. Safety Wall cannot prevent damages dealt to the wizard as the result of the players (Grimtooth, Bowling Bash, voting, etc)

Sage- 3 HP / 5 SP Blue Potion
-Thunderstorm- (1 SP) The sage deals 1 damage to a zombie. This skill is automatically used if there is an encounter and all weapons are consumed. If used in open areas and the outdoor, this spell can attack 2 zombies instead of 1 (only attacks 1 zombie in the byalan area. City area is automatically considered indoor instead of outdoor, unless that location specifies an outdoor setting of the city, such as the market, fountain or the streets.)
-Land Protector- (1 Gemstone) The sage may use this spell by PMing me. I will tell you how many zombies are hidden in each area, and potentially hidden special events through PM.

Hunter 3 HP / 2 SP White Potion
-Double Strafing- (passive) the hunter can attack 2 times for each consumption of weapon when the hunter battles.
-Detecting- (1 SP) PM me in order to find out what is another player's class. If you try to find out a player's class and that player turns out to be the zombie king, then I will babble you a random answer as the class. If it is an underling, you will be notified that the player is actually an underling.

Bard/Dancer 3 HP / 3 SP Blue Potion
-Eternal Chaos- (1 SP) PM me and during this turn, all enemies (zombies, MvPs) from an encounter will receive double damage from any attacks. Underlings and Zombie King will not receive double damage from players.
-Into the Abyss- (1 SP) PM me and during the next turn (not the current turn), all players may use skills without gemstones. I will notify everyone that Into the Abyss is used, but I won't pinpoint who the Bard/Dancer is.
-Musical Strike- (1 SP) This skill is automatically used there is an encounter and all weapons are consumed. The bard/dancer will kill off a zombie, or deal 1 damage to a MvP monster. If Eternal Chaos or Into the Abyss is used by any bard/dancer last round, then during this round, the bard/dancer can use Musical Strike without SP cost up to 3 times.

Priest 3 HP / 5 SP Blue Potion
-Heal- (1 SP) PM me to restore 1 hp off of a designated player. You will not be notified of the result of heal if it succeeded or not. The other player will be notified of healing if it works, but won?t know who. Also allows the Priest to deal 1 damage to a monster without using weapon. This skill is automatically used if there is an encounter and all weapons are consumed. You can heal yourself. This spell deals no damage to MvP monsters.
-Resurrection- (3 SP + 1 Gemstone) Resurrects one dead player back to full HP and half SP, rounded up. You cannot turn an underling back to its normal class with this spell. Casting Resurrection on an Underling will restore the Underling back to 1 Hp with 0 Sp. The targetted player of Resurrection will know who the Priest.

Monk 4 HP / 2 SP White Potion
-Call Spirits- (1 SP) PM me and I will tell the monk the identity of all underlings, if any.
-Combo Attack (1 SP) This skill is only activated when the monk takes damage from zombie encounters. For this round, the monk will kill off a zombie instead of taking damage from zombie attacks. Deals 1 damage towards MvP monsters.

Blacksmith 4 HP / 2 SP Gemstone
-Forging- (1 SP + 1 gemstone) PM me and you have the option to add 2 weapons to the group's weapon stock, or you can use Mammonite for free this turn up to 5 times. I will not tell anyone that "Forging" is used.
-Mammonite- (1 gemstone) If you have gemstones in your inventory and you got no weapons, you will automatically use a gemstone and kill off 1 zombie instead of getting 1 damage. Deals 1 damage towards MvP monsters.

Alchemist 4 HP / 2 SP Gemstone
-Pharmacy- (1 SP + 1 gemstone) PM me to create 2 White Potion that can heal 1 HP, or 2 Blue Potion that can heal 1 SP. You can decide to keep it, or give it to the group as the total loot for next encounter. I will not tell anyone that "Pharmacy" is used.
-Demonstration- (1 White Potion) If you have white potions in your inventory and you got no weapons, you will automatically use a white potion and deal 2 damage to a monster instead of getting 1 damage.

Assassin 4 HP / 3 SP White Potion
-Cloaking- (1 SP) PM me before an encounter to erase the Assassin off the priority list for this round. Cloaking cannot prevent damages dealt to the Assassin as the result of the players (Grimtooth, Bowling Bash, voting, etc)
-Grimtooth- (1 SP) If you used cloaking this round, you can use grimtooth to deal 1 damage to one of the players of your choice, or kill 2 zombies for the group. Deals 2 damage to MvP monsters. You may use multiple Grimtooths within one round as long as you used Cloaking this round.

Rogue 3 HP / 3 SP Blue Potion
-Plagiarism (1 SP) PM me to use this spell. You will be sent a list of all the skills (excluding passive skills) that are used in an encounter last round. Choose one of them and you can use it this round without a cost. (Note that the hp damage from grand cross/final strike is not a cost but an effect, so you still get damaged by copying grand cross. However, you do not need to use gemstones or other items for a skill?s cost. You will activate Cast Off Cicada Shell automatically if you plagiarized Final Strike. You may plagiarize the assassin's grimtooth attack and use it even though grimtooth requires cloaking. You cannot plagiarize the gunslinger?s Bull?s Eye. You can plagiarize Soul Link abilities.) You will not know who you plagiarized the skills from.
-Steal (1 SP) PM me with the name of an item that is considered as loot from that week's encounter. That item will automatically go to you. I will tell the group that someone used steal to take the item, but I won't say who used it.

Gunslinger 3 HP / 2 SP
-Coin Flip (0 SP) PM me to activate. For this round, your votes may count as the vote of 2 players, or your vote does nothing and you cannot claim any item this round. This is decided by contacting me in heRO and rolling a dice, trying to guess if the outcome is odd or even. Other players will not know about the activation of Coin Flip. Players will know of a successful Coin Flip effect at the end of the round, but I will not pinpoint who used Coin Flip.
-Bull?s Eye (1 SP) You can only use this if Coin Flip succeeds and your vote count as 2 players this round. PM me to use this skill. Choose a player and deal 2 damage to him/her, or deal 3 damage to a monster. Cannot be plagiarized by Rogue, but can be plagiarized by Stalker.
-Desperado (1 SP) PM me before an enemy encounter to use this skill. Uses up 1 weapon to deal 1 damage from 0 up to 6 different zombies randomly. If a MvP monster is present and there are no other zombies, then Desperado deals 0 up to 6 damage against the MvP monster. This skill is used before the consumption of any weapons, but after the usage of Grand Cross.

Ninja 3 HP / 3 SP
-Cast Off Cicada Shell (Passive)- If you are damaged by an attack, during the next round you are immune to any damage (from monsters, player skills or voting.) Cast Off Cicada Shell is automatically activated this round if you used Final Strike.
-Ninjutsu (1 SP) The Ninja deals 2 damage towards a zombie. This skill is automatically used if there is an encounter and all weapons are consumed. If Cast Off Cicada Shell is activated last round, Ninjutsu can attack 2 zombies with Ninjutsu.
-Final Strike (0 SP) PM me to use this skill. The Ninja deals damage to him/herself until he or she has 1 HP left. Deal 4 damage + 2 damage for each HP that the Ninja lost by Final Strike towards a MvP monster. Final Strike will not be used if there are no MvP monsters present. This skill is used before any other skills are used when applicable.

Star Gladiator 4 HP / 3 SP
-Anger of the Sun and Moon (1 SP) PM me to use this skill. Effect varies depending on the day that you sent the PM to use this skill. Cannot be used on Sunday. The other players will not know that Anger of the Sun and Moon is used. All rounding is calculated in the Star Gladiator's favor.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: Decrease the zombie encounter of the next area by 1/3 up to a maximum decrease of 8 zombies.
Thursday, Friday, Saturday: Decrease the HP of the MvP monster in the next area by ? to a maximum decrease of 10 HP.
-Blessing of the Sun and Moon (1 SP) PM me to use this skill. Effect varies depending on the day that you sent the PM to use this skill. Cannot be used on Sunday. The other players will not know that Blessing of the Sun and Moon is used.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: Create 2 White Potion for the Star Gladiator.
Thursday, Friday, Saturday: Add 2 Gemstones as the loot of next round?s items.

Soul Linker 3 HP / 5 SP
-Soul Link (1 SP) PM me to use this spell. Select a player. Soul Link unlocks a player?s secret ability for the next 2 rounds. If the unlocked ability is a passive ability, then the passive ability stays on the character permanently. Only the targeted player will be notified that Soul Link is used, but I will not reveal who casted it. You cannot cast this on yourself. Has no effect on Ninja or Gunslinger (you won?t know Soul Link was successful or not.)
-Esma (1 SP) The Soul Linker deals 1 damage plus 1 additional damage towards a zombie if the Soul Linker has 3 or more SP before casting (so if Esma is used when you have 3 SP, you still deal 2 damage.) This skill is automatically used if there is an encounter and all weapons are consumed.
-Kaizel (3 SP) PM me to use this spell. Select a player. If that player dies within the next 3 rounds, he or she is automatically revived at half HP and SP (rounded down.) This spell fails on the zombie king, but it works for Underlings. You may not use Kaizel on the same character consecutively.

Soul Links
-Zombie/Ghoul King: Hell?s Judgment (1 SP + Sacrifice 1 hp off Underling)
PM me to use this spell. Deal 1 damage to all other players. This attack ignores abilities that prevent damages from other players, except Spell Breaker. Other players will not be notified that this spell is used.
-Underling/?????: Blood Sucking (1 SP)
PM me to use this spell. Deal 1 damage from a player whose HP is the highest in the group excluding other Underlings or the Zombie King, and restore 1 HP for the Underling. This is the only method that the underling can restore hp, excluding events. You will not know who you stole HP from. The targeted player of Blood Sucking will be notified that Blood Sucking is used.
-Knight/Lord Knight: Pecopeco Ride (passive)
Increase the Knight/Lord Knight?s max HP by 3. Restores the Knight/Lord Knight?s HP by 3 when this skill is initially learned.
-Crusader/Paladin: Auto Guard (passive)
The Crusader/Paladin cannot be damaged by any player attacks, except Grand Cross and voting.
-Wizard/High Wizard: Meteor Storm (2 SP)
PM me to use this spell. Deal 1 damage to all zombies in the area. This spell is casted before any other action during the round, except Asura Strike and Final Strike. Deals 2 damage to a MvP monster.
-Sage/Scholar: Spell Breaker (0 SP)
Automatically uses this spell when applicable but only if the Sage/Scholar has 1 SP or more. Negate any damage for the Sage/Scholar from any spell used by the Zombie King, Underling, MvP monsters or other players this round, and deal 1 damage to anyone who attempted to damage the Sage/Scholar with spells/abilities. Spell Breaker does not work on the normal voting processes (it is not a spell.) Spell Breaker cannot be used against another Spell Breaker.
-Hunter/Sniper: Phantasmal Arrow (passive)
If the group have no weapons during the start of an encounter, a Hunter can use Double Strafe once (while Snipers can use Double Strife 2 times instead) during that round without any weapons.
-Dancer/Bard/Clown/Gypsy: Mr. Kim a Rich Man (1 SP)
Doubles the number of rewarded items this round, if any.
-Priest/High Priest: Sanctuary (1 SP + 1 Gemstone)
Heals 1 HP from all players. Does not affect the Zombie King or the Underlings. Decrease the number of zombies in the next area by 3.
-Monk/Champion: Finger Offensive (Passive)
If you used Call Spirit this round, you may choose a player and deal 1 damage to him/her or deal 2 damage to a zombie this round.
-Blacksmith/Mastersmith: Cart Revolution (1 SP)
Deal 1 damage to a number of monsters equal to the number of items that the Blacksmith/Mastersmith possesses, + 2 (+3 for Mastersmiths.) If the Blacksmith/Mastersmith has 5 or more items, this attack deals 2 damage instead.
-Alchemist/Creator: Twilight Alchemy (Passive)
All Blue Potions and White Potions used by the Alchemist/Creator on him/herself or his/her Homunculus have twice the effectiveness.
-Assassin/Assassin Cross: Venom Splasher (1 SP)
PM me to use this skill. Deals 1 damage (2 damage for Assassin Cross) to all zombies in the next area. This spell is casted before any other action, but after Meteor Storm, during the round. Deals 2 damage (4 damage for Assassin Cross) to a MvP monster.
-Rogue/Stalker: Gangster Paradise (1 SP)
Make a new Priority List to replace the Zombie King?s original list. The Zombie King cannot modify this new Priority List for 3 rounds. Zombie King and underlings remain immune to zombie attacks regardless of their position on the priority list.
-Star Gladiator: Union of Sun and Moon (0 SP)
Automatically activates. You may choose the effect for Anger of Sun and Moon, and Blessing of Sun and Moon instead of activating effects depending on which day it is used (ex: using a Thurs/Fri/Saturday effect on a Monday.)
-Soul Linker: Kaina (passive)
Increase the Soul Linker?s max SP by 3. Restores the Soul Linker?s SP by 3 when this skill is initially learned.

Secret of Transcendent
-players can "trans" just like the normal Ragnarok Online game. However, you will only be notified of the method after you have picked your class already. Each class has a different method to reach transcendent.

Zombie King and Underling can also reach transcendent classes.

The extended classes cannot reach any transcendent classes, but they can go through a similar process to receive hp and sp boost (but no new abilities, unlike transcendent classes.)

We are finally done with reading all the rulings!

Signing Up

If you are interested to play, PM me with the following information, and make a post here so everyone else can see that you joined as part of the game. Icon_biggrin

1) your desired class
2) do you want to be the zombie king? (yes or no)
3) do you want to be an underling? (yes or no)

A reminder that it is in your best interest to keep everything in this game as secretive as possible to avoid being killed too early! The less people know about you, the more likely you will survive (in most cases.)

Always remember, the more you lie, the more likely you'll do well in this game Icon_wink

*note: the answer to question 2 and 3 will not make any promises for future rounds if you do get brainwashed to be an underling or not.

Current Player List
Huntress
Oka (The Legendary Joe)
Krumb
Areakryte
Albus (Azurerogue)
Krogoth (Force-Attuned Krogoth)
Kadar
Rika
Cloudy-Chan

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2008 03:55 AM by Namine.)
01-11-2008 03:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Huntress Offline
Mad Trapper

RE: Zombie Invasion (Forum game)- Sign Up!

I'll join Nam, but I haven't chosen my class yet Icon_smile

Huntress 99/70 Sniper ~ Tiya 99/70 High Wizard
[Image: sigsniper9us3.jpg]
01-11-2008 10:38 AM
Rika Offline
Angel of Infinity

Complicated but certainly has my interest~

I'll have to look in on more of the details for now :O

[Image: livingcolor.jpg][Image: soulessence.jpg]
Angel Empire♥
Rika[Assassin Cross]    -    Aorie[High Priest]
01-11-2008 10:58 AM
Loveless Offline
Beautifully Broken

When I read all of this, I will think about joining! (Right now I am hells sick so I don't really want to read long things)

[Image: lovelesssig02vx1.png]
01-11-2008 11:13 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Take your time reading Icon_smile It's not as messy as what the intimidating first post seems like. After a few rounds, many of these parts of the game takes place rather quickly and easy to get the hang of by joining the game~

Clarified "Change Undead" and "Into the Abyss" in the post to answer Huntress's question.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
01-11-2008 12:45 PM
Krumb Offline
Lazy Cartographer

Sending you a PM now Namine. Looks to be a blast.

"Don't be a dick"
01-11-2008 03:47 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Sending PM with prefered class.
01-11-2008 08:19 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Thanks Mr. Oka, Mr. Krumb and Ms Huntress ^_^

Hoping to see all of you in this game =)

01-11-2008 08:49 PM
areakryte Offline
Lurky lurky lurky

Hehehe looks like fun Icon_biggrin. I'll tag along XD
01-11-2008 10:31 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Thanks Areakryte (talking red pot...? Do I see an alchemist in the potential team? hehe)

EDIT: Welcome Mr. Krogoth Icon_biggrin

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2008 03:13 AM by Namine.)
01-11-2008 10:38 PM