Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombie Invasion!
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Zombie Invasion!

And let the brain eating festival begin!

Information on class and rules are found at: here

The First Round starts next week on Jan 20th.

So while we wait, perhaps we can do some story reading.

This time, Zombie Invasion picks up on the last round of the game that was played in the private LW guild forum. Although the stories are related, they are not dependent of each other. However, it helps your roleplaying skills if you get a glimpse of the past 2 games perhaps. Also, it won't give the players who played the previous 2 games as much advantage since they know the story from first hand experience and my style of puzzles/riddles.

It also gives you a sense of how Zombie Invasion uses RO quests, heRO additions and other RO materials as well. Knowing the heRO world does give players a small degree of advantage in figuring out the right choices. I tend to use weird allusions to RO quests/mythologies and vague titles for choices a lot. Picking up on these hints may help you in guessing what's hiding in those choices.

For players who played before: can always still skim through the story. There are some information that was formerly enjoyed only by the Zombie King in terms of plot, and it's all revealed now.

<><><>

Background story in advance:

In game 1, zombies first started appearing in Schwartzvald Republic. The party started up in Hugel and many mysteries surround where these zombies come from or what they are here for. Many citizens of Hugel fled using the airship towards Einbroch, in hopes of reaching the capital Yuno eventually. Yuno is said to be safe from zombie attacks in the sky, with a heavy chokepoint on land to prevent the zombies from entering the floating city.

The heroes decide to stay in Hugel though. They allied the Hunter's Guild of Hugel, and walled up the town to fight the zombies. However the zombies get harder and harder to wield off. The heroes decided to protect the Memory Tree of Hugel. The zombies slaughtered the excavation team of Odin's Temple and ravaged the Temple for some item (the group decided not to face the zombies and let them have whatever it is.) They decided to leave Hugel in the end with the citizens of Hugel and the Hunter's Guild, and walk by Abyss Lake and the Hugel Fields. In the middle of their trip towards Yuno, the Zombie King teOx is discovered and killed by the Rogue, Yuri.

The Rekenber Corporation dedicated a special project to protect their headquarter of Lighthalzen, said to use the most powerful weapons seen by mankind to destroy the zombies. The project was titled the "Naive Rave." The success of the project is unknown.

There is no knowledge of what happened in Arunafeltz, or the other cities in

<><><>

In game 2, Prontera is disturbed by the news of the zombies in the neighboring Schwartzvald Republic. The border city Aldebaran requested a throughout investigation. Answering to Aldebaran's request, King Tristian III asks the heroes under Lady Pandora's order to assist one of the King's three groups.

The Prontera Church leads one group, and head towards Geffen and the west.

The Knights Guild leads one group, and head towards the east towards Payon and Alberta.

The Crusaders of King Tristan III leads the last group, and this is the group that the heroes joined up with. They head towards Morroc and Comodo.

All three groups are expected to go to Aldebaran after their mission is complete.

Shortly after setting off however, an Acolyte warped to the group and requested for help. Geffen has already been taken by strong forces of undead, and the wizards/citizens fled the city. The priests called the Monks in the north and joined with the wizards in an attempt to retake Geffen from the zombies. However, the heroes declined and continued to travel with the Crusaders.

Along the way, the heroes decided to help a Fisherman in defeating Orc Hero, as the Orcs are also disturbed by the Zombies and lost their food source. As a result, the Orcs started attacking nearby human settlements a lot more often to compete for survival and food, including the old Fisherman. The heroes sent the Crusaders ahead first, and went off to kill Orc Hero, and claimed victory.

The heroes also saved Vocal from the attacking zombies, who dropped an Ant Egg to the heroes' consumption. However, as they wander in Sograt Desert to try to catch up to the Crusaders, they are attacked by Phreeoni. Trying to escape form the monster, they fell into the pitfall of Ant Hell, ruled by Queen Maya, who is trying to search for her lost ant egg. The heroes succeeded in appeasing Maya and Maya Purple without direct confrontation with all the Insects, and is pardoned by Maya for eating her ant egg. However they are driven out of Ant Hell and all humans are no longer welcomed by Maya into Ant Hell.

During this confrontation however, the heroes learned valuable information how monsters are suffering from the zombies as much as humans are. While some monsters like the orcs attacked the humans, Maya initially wanted to try to befriend the humans to fend off the zombies together. There's a slight hope that humans can seek some unexpected allies in the future.

Some time in between here, the Knights ventured to Payon and heard rumors of restless souls in the ancient sights of old Payon. Traveling down the cavern, the Knights banished the demon Moonlight Flower who is stirring up the souls of the dead in Payon, and preventing them from finding eternal rest by traveling to Nifleheim. The souls at Payon has been put to rest, and continue their travel towards the land of the dead thanks to the Knights. They continue their journey to Alberta. There's no other news of them.

At Morroc, the heroes decided to part ways from the Crusaders again as the Crusaders decide to storm the Pyramids to attack the leader of the awakening Mummies, Osiris. The heroes head towards Comodo alone. While they are entering the ruins of St. Darmain, the zombie king Kadar is killed by the Sniper Yuri.

The union of monks, priests and wizards proved to be capable of destroying Dark Illusion to temporarily take back Geffen. However, during the zombie's short reign in the town, they have destroyed the seal of the Geffen Tower. The Vampire Lord Dracula and the Nightmare Soldier Doppelganger has escaped from the wizard's ancient seal. Their whereabouts are unknown.

<><><>

This time for Zombie Invasion takes place regarding the battle in Geffen. Although the Union managed to drive the zombies out of Geffen, the zombie's stronghold of Glast Heim under the rule of Dark Lord stands strong beyond reach. Some prisoners of war are taken back to Glast Heim. What are the fates of these prisoners...?

The first round of this game will first take place in Glast Heim Underground Prison.
As the captured prisoners of the undead, can the heroes survive the tough torture of the Prison Queen Zealotus? Is there any hope to survive and escape out of the cursed castle under the power of the Zombie King and the Dark Lord?

Again, we'll start on the 20th Icon_biggrin
Best of luck to the heroes and zombies alike! May the best role player/detective win the game!

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
01-14-2008 05:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: Zombie Invasion!

Zombie Invasion- Round 1
Tarot: The Tower

The heroes try to catch their breath as they finally found a safe spot to hide behind a demonic statue, as the prison guards of Glast Heim walked back and forth to try to find the invaders. As the few survivors of the Geffen onslaught when the Undead destroyed the town and captured the townspeople, it is the heroes' duty to try to rescue the innocent and eventually crush the Zombie King's army once and for all~

But for now, they need to think of a plan fast... within the first floor of Glast Heim Underground Prison, the heroes are detected and a vast number of zombies are wandering the area to try to find them. The heroes fended off a few attacks, but the number of weapons are getting low...

The heroes must now think of what is their next goal in mind... and what to do. Who will most likely hold the masterkey to all the prison cells? Where are all the prisoners? Could they all be deeper in the prison or to the next floor?

Please pick and vote upon these 3 choices on what to do next.

Current Weapon Count: 5

Items:
2 White Potion- heal 1 hp, does not heal underling/zombie king
2 Blue Potion- heal 1 sp
2 Gemstones- used for skills
1 Safety Wall Scroll- allows 1 time usage of Safety Wall (you still need to pay for the gemstone cost of the spell)

a) Chains and Steel
-Screams of prisoners electrocuted then shredded to bits with a saw and a giant hook echo throughout the prison... Rescue them from their end.

b) Glooms and Curses
-The masterwork of ancient Aldebaran in the Glastheim Castle stands strong to show its glory, yet the joy is replaced by corruption, sorrow and death...

c) The Forbidden Candle
-Bodies of prisoners who failed to withstand the torture litter throughout this corridor that leads to the next area... their gruesome expressions chill to the soul.

In your voting, there's a few things to vote on

a) Vote on which of the 3 options to go
b) Vote on who gets to keep which items (remember that weapons are shared by the group so no need to take it)
c) When you vote in every round, please write a random integer between 1-10. This number will influence some item distribution. It will not matter if you pick the same number as someone else and you are allowed to do so.

The deadline for voting is wed Jan 23rd by the end of the WoE~

Have fun in Zombie Invasion ;P
Be happy that the first few rounds are rather straightforward... future rounds may not be so nice.

<><><>

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
01-20-2008 06:10 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

hmm, Rybio, Injustice and/or Zealotus, or the main castle... also in preparation, I'd like to get 1 blue potion.

Personally, I'd like to explore the ruins of GH castle, but it's our duty to rescue the living, so we need to kill the rybio. I vote A.

Random number 3
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2008 04:00 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
01-20-2008 04:00 PM
Krumb Offline
Lazy Cartographer

Freeing the prisoners sounds like a good plan, it either gives them a chance to escape or at the worst, gives us a little time to move about. Choice A it is.

In regards to items, a blue potion would be nice, but others can take potions before me.

Random Number 8.

"Don't be a dick"
01-20-2008 08:40 PM
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

I also think we should take option A. We free the prisoners, remove some of the immediate threat to our persons, and can build up our strength for Mme. Zealy.

My d10 shows 9.

Also, I'd like to pick up one of those gemstones.

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2008 09:48 PM by Force-Attuned Krogoth.)
01-20-2008 09:47 PM
Loveless Offline
Beautifully Broken

Yeah, Option A seems good.

My random number, 6.

And I will not pick items this round.

[Image: lovelesssig02vx1.png]
01-20-2008 10:06 PM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

I'll go A as well. I'll take a blue and white potion. If anything remains unclaimed I'd be happy to carry the extras.

#5.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
01-20-2008 10:19 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

a) Chains and Steel- Oka, Krumb, Krogoth, Loveless, Kadar

b) Glooms and Curses

c) The Forbidden Candle

Blue Potion- Oka, Kadar, Krumb (Krumb expressed to give priority to the others, but discuss to work it out just in case)

White Potion- Kadar

Gemstone- Krogoth

01-20-2008 10:26 PM
Cloudy-Chan Offline
Cloudy Kawaii Manga Drawer!

Random Number 5 - I wouldn't mind a gemstone.

(Sry I wasn't here yesterday had to work)

Vote: A - Free the prisoners from thier doom.

[Image: 2zi21py.gif]
01-20-2008 11:14 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

While option A sounds nice, what do we do about any other prisoners and finding the master key? I want to explore the castle, both for personal reasons and to try to find the key. Those who are already being tormented would be great to save, but putting ourselves at risk for short-term benefits may not always be worth it.

I vote B (knowing that A is winning by a lot), and I hope that perhaps I may be able to persuade some of you as well.

I would also like the white potion.

I pick 7. I like that number.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
01-21-2008 12:00 AM