Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Unreal Tournament III
Kikumaru Offline
I believe!

Unreal Tournament III

I didn't see a topic already created for this, so I figured I would have the honor of doing so Evil

So, I picked up a copy of this lovely game for my Playstation 3 about two weeks ago and I've been playing it every day for about an hour or so since the day I got it. I was just curious as to who all else played it here, if anyone.

If you like fast paced action, FPS titles, and blowing someone to pieces..then this would definitely be the game for you.

I'm not going to get into a, "COD4 is worse than this game!" type of discussion, since it has a totally different system, despite being an FPS. However..I do really enjoy the speed of this game compared to Resistance (which I got for Christmas).

I'm not really into the "cat and mouse" (as I call them) type of games, such as Socom or slow moving titles, like Resistance. I like the "run and gun" titles such as Quake, Doom, and Unreal.

So if anybody else has this game, speak up and if you're looking for someone to play with on PS3 (even though I'm not like a GOD at the game, lol), feel free to add me Icon_suprised

PSN: Kikumaru-chan

[Image: NagatoYuki.gif]
Nagato Yuki: Level 68/35 (Professor)
[Image: Kaiji-1.jpg]
Anime currently watching: Kaiji
01-17-2008 10:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

RE: Unreal Tournament III

i dont have any intentions of getting it but UT rawked yer socks and i still need my 2004 Onslaut powercore destroying node loveing fun from time to time.I downloaded the UT3 demo the day it was released but since it lacked the vehicle fun i wasnt too impressed. just all eyecandy to me. I got tired of CTF and all the other game modes before 2004 even came out. But dont take it as me dissing the game cause i havent really played it. The UT series has always been a fast paced fraggin good time.

i dont see how you can play it on a console though. a keyboard and mouse is a must for pinpoint split second accuracy. For those of you that hear me jokeing bout an aimbot from time to time Unreal Tournament (1999) was where i got the term from hehe. I played this series like it was the only thing that mattered a few years back.

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2008 02:15 AM by ShadesOfBlue.)
01-18-2008 02:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kikumaru Offline
I believe!

Well, about the mouse and keyboard bit..yeah, I can understand that, but the sensitivity for the keyboard and mouse were toned down a bit to be on par with the Sixaxis controller, so one wouldn't have an advantage over the other player due to this.

The aiming is fine in the console release, actually. I know you're not dissing the game, but..I think they did do a great job with the mechanics. Everything is pretty balanced. Also, I don't know about the demo, but in the full version you do have ALL sorts of vehicles and even vehicle CTF mode.

I don't like the vehicles myself, but I know a few dudes that do enjoy riding around on a hoverboard from time to time Icon_razz

And with all of the mods coming out, it wouldn't surprise me if some other kind of vehicles come out in the near future, along with more modes, and maps of course No1

01-18-2008 02:50 AM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

did they include domination game mode in this one? It was my specialty in the original but they screwed it all up in 2004. in UT you had three control points your team had to secure and defend. In 2004 they changed it to just 2 , called it double dom and made the maps horribly small and cramped.VCTF is ok i guess but ONS is just flat out fun fun fun. Did they do away with ONSlaught in this one? wouldnt suprise me.

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
01-18-2008 03:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kikumaru Offline
I believe!

Yeah, Domination and Onslaught aren't modes in this one. The only modes are:

Deathmatch
Team Deathmatch
Capture The Flag
Vehicle Capture The Flag
Warfare
Duel
Campaign

However..it wouldn't surprise me if someone releases a mod for Onslaught and Domination modes. There have already been modes released for multi-team deathmatch (consisting of 3 or 4 teams), a mode known as "Mutant" which is essentially like tag, but you WANT to be "it". When you are it, you get armor and damage enhancements.

There has also been Elimination modes added for tournaments and such. So, I'm sure Onslaught and Domination will be added at some point as well by the players such as yourself who would like for it to be there Icon_wink

01-18-2008 10:54 AM