Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Silver Cheshire ( Bar/Leisure Topic )
Raccoon Offline

The Silver Cheshire ( Bar/Leisure Topic )

I know that this isn't the best thing to possibly put out, but having *something* has got to be better than nothing, right? So, here we go. No signup's, just make an intro post with your character. Gonna make this easy for fluidity, it must be one of your characters and their gear is limited to what you currently have access to in game.

If a fight breaks out, you are limited only by your skill in writing. For reference of what you are capable of, take your build and its three highest stats- Raccoons are AGI/STR/DEX.

There. In a fight, I should be fast, hit pretty well, and better able to hit a target than someone who has none. ( Note, the first mention is of writing ability, not characters gear or level. In RPing, that is the single deciding factor. You can 'lose' a fight and still win because of better writing overall. )

Give a brief description of your appearance, and what you are doing currently. ( That way someone has something to work with as they approach you. Ill example this in a second. )

-------
( Raccoon; AGI/STR/DEX; Assassin )

The bar was nothing more than a hole in the wall in the northern area of the town of Morroc. Its keeper, none other than its owner Raccoon, had been cleaning for most of the past week, trying to prepare for its opening which was coming in just a few minutes.

He hurried around, trying to add finishing touches here and there; adding candles to candelabras and lighting them, trying to get the right feel and setup when it was clearly too late for any help.

Stepping back, he looked around and saw that truly, this was as good as it was going to get. The walls were clean and adorned with various paintings of creatures and religious figures, the hardwood tables were cleared of sand and waxed nicely.

The bar's counter was decently long and wide enough that nothing would fall easily, the cabinets and wall behind it stocked with all manner of drink and beverage. More than likely to carry anyones request.

Content with himself, Raccoon walked over to the heavy front door and unbarred it, opened its multiple locks and swung it aside. He covered his eyes with his hand and leaned out.

"No one in sight", he muttered to himself. "Wonderful."

He walked back behind the bar, content with himself and hoping for a busy opening day. He picked up a glass, a clean cloth, and began wiping, facing the door.

Hopefully he would have a guest soon.

( There. With this post, ive given a setting and plenty of things you can comment on and observe. Or if you prefer something short just to get started, come in, sit down and ask for a drink. The key here is to watch what has been said, so that you dont inadvertently put someone where they were 10 minutes ago as a response. [ Saying you see Raccoon lighting a candelabra, for example, when the door wasnt open yet. ] If someone makes a mistake, find a way to take it in stride and correct it, or simply ignore it if you cant figure out a way how. It happens, everyone makes mistakes; and with a group that have never RP'd before, it may happen a lot. No worries. )

( Note: Ive already made a mistake, didnt give a description of Raccoon's physical appearance. See? Its not that hard to forget something at all. Ill add it in my next post.
Note2: Far too much of that post is in the third person, I blame it on giving the setting at the same time. Shoot for staying in the first person except for maybe when describing your physical appearance.
Note3: Get in the habit of checking to see if someone else has posted first, and adapt accordingly. Lots of things to watch for, but when everyone does a good job RPing its like a beautiful dance. )
01-24-2008 07:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE: The Silver Cheshire ( Bar/Leisure Topic )

i am chon.
i am a big green unfriendly blob monster thing that sits at bar pounding down drinks.
this doesnt bode well for me because i am a luk/int/dex monster with no magic!
i rely on tripping and falling (lucky dodge? XD) to get away!

"ey barkeep! slide me another! and dont tell me ive had too many if ya know whats good for ya!"
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2008 11:23 PM by teOx.)
01-24-2008 11:20 PM
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

(Rhino_Woman, str,agi,dex blacksmith)

"warm..."??mused the helmed warrior as she paused in the street, her axe leaning over her shoulder with her hand draped over it lazily.??She shuffled her feet a little bit on the dusty ground, kicking up a little dust as she coughed gently in the dry air.??"... I need a drink..." she muttered to herself.

Turning she saw the bar just up the street, though, how she did with a dark blindfold covering her eyes was anyone's guess, and smiled to herself.??She walked over to it with a brisk pace, dragging her heavily ornimentaled and material adorned cart along behind her with one hand and what seemed to be considerable ease for her slim yet tall stature.

Flipping the cart around she wedged it in a position that stated quite firmly that anyone other then her who tried to move it would get a hernia trying and shut the lid of it.??She turned to enter the establishment, then paused for a moment and slipped a padlock out of her pocket and onto the cart before turning back to the door.

BANG.??The doors slammed open and she paused there, noting the significant lack of gloom.??Must be a new bar.??She strode in, calmly and without a hint of fear in her step and approached the bar.??Taking off her helmet she placed it gently down on the bar, facing the back wall and shook out her lustrious blonde hair, "yo barkeep." she said and smiled as she looked right at him through the darkness of her blindfold.??"get me a Whiskey."

She grinned, flipped her axe off her shoulder and leant it on the side of the bar, the dried blood caking it only now becoming clearly visible.??Sitting herself down on a barstool next to her axe she paid no attention to anyone else in the room and began to tap her fingers on the still shining clean surface of the bartop.

(sorry for the short post, it's been a while since I RPed)

Hi, don't whisper me please.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2008 01:13 AM by Rhino_Man.)
01-25-2008 01:11 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

[OOC: Guess a mild RP is a best place to start and learn RP~]

(Namine, vit/int/dex, High Priestess)

A bar is certainly an exotic place for the high priestess Namine, and most likely unfitting for her character to appear in such a place. However, anywhere to relieve some stress due to the heavy workload from the Prontera Church and to stay away from the desert sunlight appears heavenly. With this thought in mind, the high priestess decided to visit the Silver Cheshire.

She quietly peeped inside the bar, which is rather empty at the moment. The only people that her sapphire blue eyes can see are the owner of the Silver Cheshire behind the bar table, wiping the surface clean and ready for business. Not far off is what seems to be a wasted man lying on the table. Namine had difficulty to even distinguish if it is a human or a monster... bars certainly have the strangest people compare to what Namine is used to in her life: a structured, well mannered, high class society. But perhaps it is not to her best interest to say a word since the owner of the bar seems comfortable with the drunk. She withdrew her delicate green Flower Wing to a folding position, and walked into the bar.

"Best to stay far away from that man..." she thought, and quickly took to a seat in the corner, on the opposite side of where the drunk is. The flower wing on her back releases a sweet aroma of the freshest ment and hinalle, which is in stark contrast to what Namine considered as a murky odor within the bar.

Paintings of glorious beasts and religious art are hung in the wall, and candles are lit up to encourage a relaxing atmosphere... yet this is just not the same for Namine. Compare to the famous paintings of the best artists all over Rune Midgard, Schwaltzvald and Arunafeltz within the Prontera Church back home, the paintings are like children's doodles using those scribbling pencils that a lonely artist is selling in the streets of Morroc. The owner of the bar continues through his routine to clean the place, but somehow the high priestess still feels the place to be somewhat dirty... perhaps this is what a bar should be?

"ey barkeep! slide me another! and dont tell me ive had too many if ya know whats good for ya!" said the drunk. Namine leered at the man with disgust. "May God pity the needy..." she silently said to herself, and remained silent in the dark corner of the bar.

Shortly after, a helmeted woman barged into the bar, pulling an enormous cart in one hand signifying her identity as a blacksmith, while flipping the giant axe off her shoulder in a swift motion with the other. Stains of blood covered the axe, and the woman did not seem to notice the high priestess sitting in the remote corner. The blacksmith took off her helmet and demanded an alcoholic drink from the barkeep without a scent of worry in her voice and posture. How unladylike of the blacksmith to do so... should this be back home in the gallant streets of Prontera, how different will it be!

Best for Namine not to think of the others so much. Afterall, she came here to have a day of rest... she took off her silver tiara to release the restraint on her blond hair and placed her short staff on the floor, leaning her head against the wall and let out a sigh.

[ooc: hm hope that was acceptable...]

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
01-25-2008 01:24 AM
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

(ooc: my only comment is that I left the cart outside. hehe.)

01-25-2008 01:58 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

(ooc: actually was writing it when only Mr. teOx posted, then have to go back and add in Ms Rhino later =/ didn't plan her appearance, so have to make up a lame excuse why Namin? was present, yet not mentioned in the previous post)

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
01-25-2008 02:04 AM
Raccoon Offline

( Teox: While part of me wants to bite just to step up to the challenge, I realized its bad form. Leave by your own will and bring in a playable character. This will be important later on, if this progresses farther.

Rhino: Been a while for me too. No problem.

Namine: Doing good, like you have years of experience and havent done it in a while. Keep it up and youll be fine.

Just to clarify- for me, This is a thought and "This is speech." Everyone does it differently, so dont hold anyone to that as an exact standard. )

Raccoon had had the bar open for only a few minutes, when a stout woman with an axe entered and seated herself at the bar. She said with a smile, "Yo barkeep; get me a Whiskey."

He had watched her enter and seat herself, and while there was something wrong about her, he just couldnt place it. He set down the glass and towel, and reached up into an open cabinet and pulled down a bottle. "Whiskey right? How's this?"

And then he saw it, with her still grinning. She was wearing a blinder, whether or not she was actually blind. Moron. He tried his best to catch it in stride, "One of the best I have in stock, bottled in.."

He snuck a quick glance at the label. "..Alberta." Reaching behind and grabbing the perfectly cleaned glass, he reminded himself not to do fancy tricks ( blind! ) and began pouring the drink, and when finished, slid it in front of her. "First day, first drink on the house. Another will be Two Hundred Zeny."

( Gah, must remember to check the order people put themselves in at. )
He didnt want to seem like a hawk, so he looked around and saw that somehow he had missed the entrance of a very pretty Priestess.. *High* Priestess? Wow, shes a long way from home, he thought to himself. Better go over and chat, surely she cant be that confortable in here.

He tapped the bar in front of the axe woman twice and said quietly "Let me know if you need anything else, okay?" and then turned around, looking up and down for something that would be within her tastes. Wine? Bit of a stereotype, but without knowing her tastes, a fair bet. He pulled down the bottle and poured the glass half full, just enough for someone to enjoy the deep red liquid without feeling its effects. Usually.

He walked to the end of the bar and came around it with ease, keeping a good pace and lightly holding the drink level with his chest. ( Now, right here I could have walked straight up to Namine. But, I remembered I needed to do a physical appearance description too. Find a way to add it so that it feels as if it is simply part of the story and nothing more. )

He looked to the High Priestess guest, and saw that her tiara was on the table and staff was on the floor; with her head on the wall. Wow, she must be tired, or far too trusting of others. Perhaps it was simply bad luck or the vengeance of an angry deity, but at that moment he clipped a chair with his leg and almost lost control of the drink. He caught his balance before it was too late, but he did spill some of it upon his red and black clothes. ( Assume the appearance of the Assassin, since he has been wearing a Pantie, lol ) Most of the moisture soaked in instantly and the other part evaporated quickly on contact thanks to the heat, but he still wiped lightly at the spot as a bit of a reflex. Gah, idiot. Be more careful!

Pushing up his Sweet Gent out of his eyes, he took the few steps more to the priestess and tried his best to hide his embarrassment. Setting the glass on the table, he came to a crouch to be a little below her eye level and said "This one is on the house, dear. Is there anything else I can get for you, and if you dont mind me asking, what brings you to this part of the world?"

( Long? Yes. Time Consuming? YES. But to see everything come together brings a bit of pride because you can read it and remember thinking what to write next, and here it is, reading like a book. Amazing feeling, and I really do miss it.
Also, once people get introduced and added my posts shouldnt be nearly as long. Youll see the difference once people start conversing.. The longest parts are usually the intros or heated discussions.

For anyone joining in now- it will be hard to add yourself and make sense as to why no one noticed you, etc. Easiest entrance at this point would be as Raccoon trips on the chair, or as he is crouched next to Namine. Come in and sit down, and he will come over and help. By yelling for assistance instantly, that puts a bit of a damper on any continued discussion me and Namine might have had. Time can be tricky to manipulate when RPing, but with practice you figure out just how to do it without messing with anyone else. )
01-25-2008 08:40 AM
Keele Zeibel Offline
Craymel Engineer

Ajusting to the inky blackness of his surroundings was a hard task, but Keele Zeibel was getting better at it everyday. Besides, its the only way I'll be able to sense her flow... The yells of the merchants, trying to sell away their goods, was giving way to her pull, until he heard someone ahead:"... what brings you to this part of the world?". He reached for the stone hanging from his neck, making the wings on his back fade away, their power returning to the stone.

As his weary left hand was against the door he was leaning on, a few curious stares remarked a man in his twenties, professor by the look of it. He looked like a cross between a fighter, with his shield strapped up on his left arm, and a bookworm, carrying an impressive volume in his right hand. A turban on his head completed the patchwork look.

He let himself be guided by the energies he could barely perceives, tripping over some shaft on the floor. "I am terribly sorry", Keele said, searching with his hands for something to sit on. He lifted himself on a chair, the person he was looking for right in front of him, but he couldn't tell how far from him.

Finally realising with all the sounds that he was in a bar, he lifted his head and said:"bartender, gimme something strong".

----------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry about the short topic, I'm new to that kind of stuff.

(Keele Zeibel, agi/int/str, professor)

"DEX? The way I cast, we don't need... dex."

[Image: a43c4aeo7.gif]

Keele Zeibel, professor   89/57
Melvin,         whitesmith 99/69
01-25-2008 12:51 PM
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

With little more then a sideways glance, she took a sip from the glass. Turning on the stool, she "watched" as the barkeep, an assassin by the looks of him headed towards one of the other occupants of the bar. She snickered slightly to herself but muffled it so that nobody would hear once he tripped over the chair.

Quietly thinking to herself she though of a few ways that this could go. Observing quietly, but watching closely.

Either this assassin could charm the priestess, but judging at her disdain for the whiskey that the warrior was drinking, that was unlikely. The alternative however was to leave, and it wasn't likely. She would probably, if the blacksmith had guessed it properly, accept the drink, and deny the man. Such poor luck as it was.

"bartender, gimme something strong". The voice interupted her reverie. She'd hardly noticed the man walking into the bar at all. Proffessor, eh? Well they're generally pretty good at holding their own with the strong liquor, might be interesting to see how he lasts.

She raised her glass to the newcomer, "you've found a nice little bar here, stranger." she said, beginning a new conversation and trying to make friends, "the whiskey's not bad here." and downed the whole thing. "barkeep? can I get another please?" she asked putting a 200 zeny coin down on the bar from a purse hidden somewhere nobody could see on her body.

01-25-2008 01:53 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

(Okayo, Str vit dex with a touch of int Swordmaster Knight)

"RAAAAHHH!!" Feminine yells roared through the bar, as multi-colored Peco Peco feathers drifted down from where the door once was.

Dismounting her steed, er bird thing, a woman clad in rainbow colored armor and a winged gemmed helm walked to the bar as if nothing had happened while ignoring the bystanders. "I'm her on the behalf of Hestia and Lady Thea to drink your booze. And I do mean all of it!" she spoke with an air of authority, but you could see in her eye she was just another beggar looking for a free drink.

The peco she dismounted in the middle of the bar stood up to dash back to the Prontera Peco stables, and noticing this before hand, Okayo attempted to tackle the fowl before it had the chance to run for it. The Peco Peco ducked and she went flying into the wall on the other side, leaving a hole in the wall where her head hit. The peco peco took this opportunity to make a break for it.

Snifling a bit, she reeled her head out of the wall, "Barkeep, something to ease the pain, my dinner ran away"
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2008 02:40 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
01-25-2008 02:30 PM