Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blacksmiths Enchanted Stone craft
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Blacksmiths Enchanted Stone craft

that and it wouldn't necessarily be a different skill, but just an added feature of the skill itself, which would require some coding in the skill's function code, so probably still more work than cared for, and as such it would have the same fail rates as making enchanted stones.
01-28-2008 02:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spire Offline

I use enchanted stone craft, it makes creating arrows on-the-go much easier. And not every smith Mines for his/her Steel, I hunt in Ein_dun01 for mine.
I believe that the only reason people want to make the npc only cost 3-4 roughs per normal elu/ori, would be because they just simply want more elu/ori to upgrade their equips. I believe (Was told my another player) That the mining spot recieved a Nurf because it was giving too much Elu/Ori, In my opinion you would only be flooding the eco with cheaper (or simply easier to get) Eluminum.

VaIor: Paladin 9x/6x, Valor: High Priest 99/70, Valor's Chemist: Creator 9x/6x, Weaver: Clown 99/70, Blank: Stalker 9x/6x, Spire: Sniper 9x/6x
Current project: Farming zeny to buy stuff to put my cards in! Whistle

I am a proud member of The 'Wine Brewing Society'. If you are interested in joining, look for a representative in aldebaran. Or make a post in our guilds forum thread!
01-28-2008 09:33 AM
Lysander Offline

nah, Rhino has a valid point going on. The advent of mining has made the skill of 'craft elemental stones' useless because you can easily just mine them, so her asking for ori and elu to be created at a cost of 3 rough each is just something like an equalizer for Smiths. Following that logic I think that if you were to get the chance to created ori and elu at a cost of three roughs, you should have to have the skill 'craft elemental stones' maxed. Because the question of making a skill useless is really a question of skill points, so if you want to get a reward for having a useless skill then you need to spend some skill points to get that reward.
01-28-2008 10:00 AM
Spire Offline

I really hate to post again.. but. I think you all are looking at this the wrong way. You seem to think that mining has nurfed smiths skills.. When in fact it enhances them, and I would like to bring up the point Ms. Namine Pointed out in her first post. Every class has useless skills, Just because my Stalker has 'Detoxify' Doesn't mean I have to use it, if you invest skill points in a "Bad" Skill thats all about you.

Sorry Rhino if I didn't understand this properly, but I'm pretty sure your just looking for a way to buff an other wise not useful skill.

VaIor: Paladin 9x/6x, Valor: High Priest 99/70, Valor's Chemist: Creator 9x/6x, Weaver: Clown 99/70, Blank: Stalker 9x/6x, Spire: Sniper 9x/6x
Current project: Farming zeny to buy stuff to put my cards in! Whistle

I am a proud member of The 'Wine Brewing Society'. If you are interested in joining, look for a representative in aldebaran. Or make a post in our guilds forum thread!
01-28-2008 10:06 AM
Lysander Offline

man .. you dont use 'Detoxify'? What's wrong with you?! haha I kid, but you also have a very valid point. When I mine I get BAZILLIONS of red bloods and so on, so if you wanted to make more elemental stones you could. So I guess that mining makes 'craft elemental stones' less useful in that it is easier to get elemental stones (pushing down the price because everyone can get them), but more useful because you get greater numbers of ores and could thus make more elemental stones ... I dont want to try and figure out the economics behind that one, I'm just going to say that it's balanced and move on XD
01-28-2008 10:13 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

You have to take into account that the mining spot was made partly FOR blacksmith in the first place. I'm pretty sure it helps them more than it render their skill useless. Mining is for every class, but who needs ores the most?

Steel is still very much in demand and some people will craft them. Iron drops so much from firelock and not many people craft iron, but it's the same on most server so that doesn't have anything to do with mining.

One thing for sure, I am not playing in the skill code. If anything is added it will be a npc (usable only by blacksmith).

Still working on some sort of formula:
((BaseDex+BaseLuk)/3)+(Joblevel/5)+Enchanted Stone Craft skill level + Steel Tempering skill level + Iron Tempering skill level + Research Oridecon skill level.

So a blacksmith job 50 with 90 dex and 90 luk with the 4 skills max would have a 60+10+20=90% chance.

While a whitesmith 99 fully crafting oriented, job 70 would have 66+14+20=100% chance.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-28-2008 10:27 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Mining drops a lot of crafting materials for blacksmith. If the unrefined elemental stone become "useless" just because mining will get the miner already refined ores, then just ban the drop rate of refined ores and keep the same or buff the rate of unrefined ones..

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
01-28-2008 02:09 PM
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

I get between 50 and 200 of each of the elemental stones per run. I get between 10 and 20 of the pures. I sell the elemental stones because nobody buys them. Poeple WILL however buy the pures and refining to pures just costs too much to be worth it.

Hi, don't whisper me please.
01-28-2008 02:19 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

How about you get zero pures. And still getting 50 to 200 elemental stones (or maybe a little more)? You would have to use enchanted stone craft. The skill would then again be usefull (the point of your suggestion was to set that skill being usefull).

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
01-28-2008 02:23 PM