Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Epic Riff Please.
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

RE: Epic Riff Please.

After just recently being introduced to Insomnium, I now regard them as being one of, if not the best melo death metal group ever.

There are a few similarities to Opeth (a few of the acoustic break downs sound very similar to Opeth's work) yet the songs seem more "complete".

Insomnium - Disengagement

Youtube compression naturally wrecks the sound. Go and grab a copy of "Since The Day It All Came Down" for the full effect. Icon_smile

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
04-13-2008 08:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Flossy Offline
Falathiel of Fate

Nidsrule Wrote:After just recently being introduced to Insomnium, I now regard them as being one of, if not the best melo death metal group ever.

There are a few similarities to Opeth (a few of the acoustic break downs sound very similar to Opeth's work) yet the songs seem more "complete".

Insomnium - Disengagement

Youtube compression naturally wrecks the sound. Go and grab a copy of "Since The Day It All Came Down" for the full effect. Icon_smile
Ew. Insomnium. I don't know i heard there older stuff from back in 2000 and 2002 so I'm kinda interested to see if they had gotten better. But i don't really like the whole way they incorporate elements of northern folk music and symphonic music together, It sounds weird to me. But After checking out Since the Day it All Came Down and Above the Weeping World, There much better than the old days of there '99 Demo and the Underneath the Moonlit Waves demo.

Kissy Sorrz

But if you like the Folk Death/Black metal scene then Check out these bands.
Constantinopolis / Sabhankra - Might be a tad hard to find (if you need help finding them send me a pm and ill tell you where to find it.)
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=9526 - Constantinopolis
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=71470- Sabhankra

Dark Ambition
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=15826

Dark Gamballe
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=21097

There okay i guess i listen to them once in a great while.

[Image: flossysig1ak1.jpg]
Flossy - The Real Meaning

Word used to define someone who is really intelligent but a bit stupid or an airhead.
A "Flossy" would say "I have a Phd in Math....do you think we can sit on chairs underwater ?"
Or
"My IQ is 160, But i think red cars are faster than blue ones"
^ WHAT !! Thats BS~!!! Blue cars are FASTER !!~~~~~!!!~~
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2008 01:12 PM by Flossy.)
04-13-2008 01:04 PM
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

Managed to find a copy of "For The Empire" by Constantinopolis. I'll get back to you once I've given it a few listens. As for Sabhankra, haven't had any luck so far. I'll have a look when I have some spare time. Thanks for the recommendations. Icon_smile

Edit: Listened to the first couple of songs and found it to be rather repetitive and somewhat boring. Not too keen on the vocals either. Icon_sad

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2008 06:28 PM by Nidsrule.)
04-13-2008 06:06 PM
Flossy Offline
Falathiel of Fate

Nidsrule Wrote:Managed to find a copy of "For The Empire" by Constantinopolis. I'll get back to you once I've given it a few listens. As for Sabhankra, haven't had any luck so far. I'll have a look when I have some spare time. Thanks for the recommendations. Icon_smile

Edit: Listened to the first couple of songs and found it to be rather repetitive and somewhat boring. Not too keen on the vocals either. Icon_sad
I'll tell you where to get Sabhankra, there allot better.

Word used to define someone who is really intelligent but a bit stupid or an airhead.
A "Flossy" would say "I have a Phd in Math....do you think we can sit on chairs underwater ?"
Or
04-14-2008 06:30 AM
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

Better as in better production, more varied song style.....? Either way I'd be interested. Icon_smile

04-14-2008 06:51 AM
Flossy Offline
Falathiel of Fate

Nidsrule Wrote:Better as in better production, more varied song style.....? Either way I'd be interested. Icon_smile
Both

Or
04-14-2008 05:20 PM
Flossy Offline
Falathiel of Fate

For some reason seems i have deleted there CD lol, guess it was not that good.

Sorry, T_T if i happen to come across it ill send it your way.

Or
04-15-2008 06:21 PM
Chained Chaos Offline

I actually kinda sorta hate this band, mostly because I can't stand the vocalist, but I heard this song a little while ago and I've gotta say.. the intro riff (up until around the 1:02 mark) is pretty awesome. It's not especially difficult to play, but that's not really the point.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vGpbd6BUO0I

This is probably going to be a thread I'll frequent. I have way too much music to sort through and share.

[Image: tyraelsigix4.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2008 11:29 PM by Chained Chaos.)
05-14-2008 11:26 PM