Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
+8 Cranial Shield
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

+8 Cranial Shield

I'm selling my +8 cranial shield to attempt to get a Brocca. As this is the only reason I'd even consider selling it (and I'm still not sure I want to), I will *only* accept trades for items directly pertaining to the quest. No zeny, no armors, no "you can sell this for money to buy things" items. These items are as follows:

Emperium Anvils
Illusion Flowers
Gold (20 per try)
Hammers of Blacksmith (2 ea)
Citrin (30 ea)
Agate (30 ea)
Biotite (30 ea)

If anyone offers me the brocca outright, they get the shield no questions asked. If I happen to get one some other way, the shield stays with me.

Due to the nature of these quests, certain combinations of items are more desirable than others. For example, an anvil and flower together is worth more than anvil or flower and some gemstones. 30 of one kind of gem is better than 10 of each.

I hope we can work out a mutually productive arrangement.

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
02-01-2008 10:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

RE: +8 Cranial Shield

7 Citrin
25 Agate
11 Biotite
20 Gold
2 Emp Anvils
2 Illusion Flowers
4 Hammer of Blacksmith
02-01-2008 11:08 PM
Jack of All Trades

You know as well as I, fishing being the way it is, anvils and flowers are the easy part. Always several of them vending in Pront, and you only need 1. The gemstones, on the other hand ... bear in mind that, on average, you need 260 stones for the rock-paper-scissors. 40 gems isn't gonna help very much.

02-01-2008 11:33 PM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Since I don't fish or mine.. getting stones or anvils is a bit complicated. The rocks I have are from the monsters that drop them, pardon me for not camping mvps + mini bosses at once >________>

Hopefully someone will give you a better offer right under this post =o
02-01-2008 11:53 PM
Loveless Offline
Beautifully Broken

As much as Anvils and Flowers seem easy, they are not, since fishing there is only a small chance you get one of them from a box. Gemstones are the easy part, since you can just mine them.

If you want a tip:

Save the Cranial Buckler, you will regret later if you sell it for a Brocca. Mine , mine, mine and eventually, you will get the stones and the money to try or buy a Brocca. If you don't simply continue mining and farm. Try to get enough amount, an amount high enough that people can't say no if you trade them for a Brocca.

[Image: lovelesssig02vx1.png]
02-02-2008 12:18 AM
Jack of All Trades

Such wonderful advice from someone who obviously doesn't look in the shops in Prontera. I've found three anvils in boxes in my time here. (Which is longer than you may think. Two of those came from Stormy Knight.) I know how unlikely it is that any obb is going to produce an anvil or flower. But with the easter hat, and especially the new fishing spot and hat, obb are far from rare. When I fish, I get 15-20 per run, every run. And I know I'm not the only person fishing. If you look around, you'll see that now isn't really the best time to be giving lectures on the rarity of emp anvils.

Yes, I mine. How do you think I got a Brocca in the first place? I've got the quest in progress as we speak, using stuff I already had laying around. The reason I'm in a hurry is because I have a character built around the damned spear, and then the game glitched it away from me. I know how difficult it is to replace the shield. I killed 8015 tharas to get the card, and sent countless shields and elu into oblivion. But frankly, it was no greater a time investment than the Brocca. And while I do have an assortment of other shields to slam into the face of my enemies, I do not have another weapon that makes them ignore defense.

The point of selling this shield (not buckler, btw; if you're looking for something a smith can wear you're in the wrong thread) is to speed up the replacement of my lost weapon. If noone has a collection of junk to facilitate that, then I won't sell and I've lost nothing. If they do, then my paladin is, if not exactly whole, at least *functional* again. Which is a great improvement over the present circumstance. I know what I'm doing, I know why I'm doing it, and I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket.

02-02-2008 06:44 AM
Loveless Offline
Beautifully Broken

Good. FYI I do look the shops in Prontera, I spend 5m-10m on them everyday.

But well, sorry for trying to give you advice Mr.

[Image: lovelesssig02vx1.png]
02-02-2008 01:09 PM