Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blade Runner
sirona Away
Eh?!

Blade Runner

Heya people,

I was just wondering if any of you have saw this movie... I'm actually watching this movie for my English class and the teacher is going to ask us to write an essay on that (arguing a whole bunch of topics like psychoanalogy, symbolism.. and bla).. So, is there anyone who can actually help me? I am.. lost.. in that movie.. Icon_cry

Semper vigilans.

Living my life like a ninja... so, leave me alone... *vanish*
11-27-2005 03:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

RE: Blade Runner

lol`
seen it but forgot
watched it when i was really young so~ lol~ *blames brother*

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
11-27-2005 03:26 AM
Yetipunk Offline

I beleive I saw this movie... Is this the one with the androids?

My dad made me see it and I liked it.

coocoocachoo
11-28-2005 01:22 AM
sirona Away
Eh?!

Oh.. so do you think the main guy is a replicant or not? In class, everyone has been saying yeah, Harrison Ford is a replicant due to the fact at the end, he found the origami unicorn which 'identifies' that he's a replicant. Yet, I am sure that Rachael is a replicant.. x_x" What do you think, Yetipunk?

Semper vigilans.

11-29-2005 10:19 PM
Yetipunk Offline

Nah... I don't think that the main guy is a replicant. Nothing really justifies that he is a replicant.

My dad saw me typing this and he is going to rent it again and he is going to force me to watch it. Icon_lol

coocoocachoo
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2005 10:54 PM by Yetipunk.)
11-29-2005 10:53 PM
sirona Away
Eh?!

Yetipunk Wrote:Nah... I don't think that the main guy is a replicant.??Nothing really justifies that he is a replicant.

My dad saw me typing this and he is going to rent it again and he is going to force me to watch it. Icon_lol

Oops.. sorry x_x" (for making you a victim of the Blade Runner movie) It seems that there are quite a lot of evidences after what my classmates have said. But, I don't really trust their opinion because Icon_mad it doesn't make any sense. I mean, maybe the unicorn was for his meeting with Rachael (replicant) rather than... for him. When he's crashing the paper unicorn at the end, it seemed he didn't accept he's a replicant or something..

For all those who don't know.. this is the 'site' about it...Blade Runner webpage It's like the most detailed site about it.. but I still want to discuss it so I won't have only one side of things.. Icon_confused

Semper vigilans.

11-30-2005 02:53 AM
Yetipunk Offline

sirona Wrote:
Yetipunk Wrote:Nah... I don't think that the main guy is a replicant. Nothing really justifies that he is a replicant.

I mean, maybe the unicorn was for his meeting with Rachael (replicant) rather than..

Bingo. Thats what I mean.

coocoocachoo
11-30-2005 09:12 PM
sirona Away
Eh?!

But.. in class today, they shot down all of my arguments that the main guy is not a replicant

1) He never took the 'vision' test (as Rachael asked him earlier in movie)
2) All human characters are flawed in some way (Gaff - walking stick, JF Sebastian - bad genes, Tyrell - uber thick glasses) and the replicants are 'perfect' in terms of intelligence and appearance. Harrison Ford is "perfect" in appearance
3) Gaff hints that the main guy is a replicant (he doesn't know it) with the origami unicorn and told him to run for his life. When he told him his mission was 'finished'
4) He doesn't show much emotion or rather 'mechanical' => The scene with him and Rachael.
5) There are 6 replicants, Leon, the snake girl, Pris and Roy are definitely the 4 main ones that the main char killed. The 5th is Rachael.. who is the 6th?

x_x" So bloody complicated for a movie.. do you have more arguments to counter all those?

Semper vigilans.

11-30-2005 09:26 PM
Yetipunk Offline

Let me watch the movie again... I might get it tonight.

Ridley Scott has said there is no definite answer for the question: Is Deckard a replicant?.

Harrison Ford did'nt want his character to be a replicant and Ridley Scott did. Ridley was going to have the movie show that Harrison's character was in fact a replicant but Harrison got his way.

Many facts imply that he is a replicant but nothing truly justifies it 100%.

Gaff tells Harrison "You've done a man's job, sir!". Early drafts of the script
have him then add: "But are you sure you are man? It's hard to be sure
who's who around here." Also replicants use photos and Harrison had photos in his appartment. He also has a piano in his appartment, Rachal plays the piano, she is a replicant.

coocoocachoo
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2005 05:40 PM by Yetipunk.)
12-01-2005 05:15 PM
sirona Away
Eh?!

Thanks man~ Really appreciate your input on this. It might help a lot on my final exam.. which makes me go @$#^#$%^%^&. By the way, we saw the editor edition or something like that (without overvoice). So.. there might of some elements that are different from version to version.

Semper vigilans.

12-01-2005 05:46 PM