Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Asking for advice
Lightheart Offline

Asking for advice

Hi,

I'm currently leveling my thief and here are some final builds which are running through my mind now. I would like to ask for your opinion(s) and advice on these builds please. I am looking for a build that is easy to start and level while being decent in WoE.

a) DD sin x with SB
b) Hybrid hitlock sin x
c) natural critlock sin x
d) bow/FS stalker

My opinion is that © is the easiest to level, since I don't see anyone selling elemental daggers or elemental cards (drainliar etc.). (d) I believe is the second easiest to level. In terms of equipment wise I also believe © and (d) are the cheapest. (a) is of course the most expensive (dreaming of ice pick). WoE-wise I believe DD sin (with ice pick) is the best emperium breaker while FS stalkers are the best strippers Icon_biggrin. However I'm quite unsure on how effective hitlock and critlock is as I have no experience with them.

Thank you for taking your time to read this and I hope to hear your opinions on this matter. Icon_biggrin
07-13-2008 08:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

RE: Asking for advice

Ever Try a DD God Flee build, should do well enough in woe and be great for pvm. 310+ flee, is a beautiful thing.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
07-13-2008 11:54 AM
Mrmeow x_X Offline
Back from the DEAD!

I'd go for FS stalker. Had one of these and had tons of WoE fun with a vit>dex>int build.
As far as leveling goes - Imagine you're a clown and just use that high int to spam DS and it's gonna be just fine.

Back from the dead, again.

The original owner and creator of Meat Grinder, Suicide Commando, Lady Venom, Psychopath and so many characters I simply can't remember.

Now just Utsav, a little hunter.
07-13-2008 01:30 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

D will be the most easiest to level along with being very very wanted in guilds for WoE...we lack stalkers that are doing much stripping :]

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
07-13-2008 04:26 PM
Lightheart Offline

Ah, thanks for the replies everyone. Still leveling although not as much now. Can I ask a few more questions? Now I'm only thinking of two builds really (and a third option). The reason is I went to RMS test server and tried out some of my build with a few people and at thors. My results weren't really encouraging.

DD/SB build worked quite ok in PvP but I had a hard time hitting anything in thors (especially kasa).
Hybrid hitlock suffers much of the same problem.
Critlock works nice if I can get a triple SS card on jur or katar of frozen icicle but it doesn't really critlock like I expected. My friend could still move in pvp (and killed me with Soul Destroyer xD)
FS Rogue got totally countered by AD creator and can't do much PvM.

So based on my testing I would like to ask if I should:
a) continue dd and work for a few mummy cards xD (seems decent). It was really good, although survival was still a problem.
b) work on critlock (can anyone advice me on how to critlock properly? or maybe it just doesn't work anymore?)
c) Create a new character (Possibly LK or Paladin maybe.)

If I didn't mention this already, I would like to receive input on which of these option would enable me to do decently in all PvP,WoE and PvM.
Thanks again for your advice. Hope to hear from you guys.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2008 04:41 AM by Lightheart.)
07-17-2008 04:19 AM
Babble Offline

Don't plan on taking on kasa's as a sin. Also DD isn't going to be the fastest way to lvl is obviously GT mobbing, don't think you'll be doing anything other than that to get your lvls, unless you really wanna spend 5x more time than needed.

And yeah, critlock.. Too bad this doesn't ever seem to work anymore which really makes the "lock" part non existant. People shouldn't be able to move, but I guess it is an emulator problem that will never ever be fixed.

And elemental daggers are easy to obtain, a lot of people make them just ask for it on main. The cards are a diffrent story, although it's not that impossible. I have a wind set sitting around that I suppose I could dump on you for a good price Icon_razz But yeah, an icepick isn't going to be easy to obtain. If one's for sale a lot of people will hog it anyways, so I wouldn't really count on it.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2008 05:06 AM by Babble.)
07-17-2008 04:37 AM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Hey if I can get my hands on a Pole Axe *thank you Aries and Rinato* anything is possible ay.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
07-17-2008 08:06 AM
Babble Offline

Pole axe was vending for 35m for quite a long time, looks like there's not a lot of people in need of that. And 35m is cheap, too.

*Tries to imagine icepick for sale for 35m*

@____@
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2008 09:38 AM by Babble.)
07-17-2008 09:32 AM