yea... no idea what the fruit is

[Image: cessysynesthesiasig18nw.jpg]

[Image: voteherobanner1kb.gif]

ign: Cessy
12-19-2005 11:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yetipunk Offline

RE: Riddle Event!! IV (Dec. 12th)

Pandora... Are you sure you didn't miss a letter in the fruit?

coocoocachoo
12-19-2005 11:48 PM
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

/heh

I know it ain't =]
I found it all =]
<3 Pandora =D

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
12-20-2005 01:17 AM
Jubei Offline
Chairman

hehe, the fruit is right, just hard Icon_wink

EDIT: Also, the chat program is way too bland, since many programs fit the description, thank you ^_^

[Image: hl101.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2005 03:38 AM by Jubei.)
12-20-2005 02:59 AM
beaver Offline
Russian Rocket

pst i suck at this ...
i still got fruit at that stupid anguage not filled...

what means comprehension?

Caramon Majere (71/42 str/dex Knight)(guild : peacekeeper)

[Image: herovotebanner3wd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2005 09:39 AM by beaver.)
12-20-2005 09:37 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I'll accept 2 answers for the chat program, and the fruit has the right amount of letters Icon_wink

comprehension: from dictionary.com

"The act or fact of grasping the meaning, nature, or importance of; understanding."

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
12-20-2005 09:42 AM
beaver Offline
Russian Rocket

blah me and my bad english still dont understand Icon_sad

you got any example of sentence where that word include?

EDIT: nvm i undertand now transleted in russianIcon_razz
I can mae fit 2 fruit in that fruit thing and both are from souther asia and can find in california

editedit:
hmm i dunno yif i get anserw to this but
question about language.
is it like language what we talk or is it like acting language for example peace?

Caramon Majere (71/42 str/dex Knight)(guild : peacekeeper)

[Image: herovotebanner3wd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2005 10:04 AM by beaver.)
12-20-2005 09:50 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

@beaver You'll have to figure it out on your own Icon_wink

The riddle ends this afternoon at the time mentionned (15:10), however I wont have access to internet until tomorrow morning. So I'll only post the answer tomorrow, however, I'll only accept entries received before 15:10 (EST) today.

~ Server Admin ~
12-20-2005 10:46 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Ok, not so easy after all, here are the answers:

~ I'm a lucky plant.
[B] A M B O O

Bamboo is considered a lucky plant in feng shui and in China. You've probably seen lucky bamboo being sold in stores recently, they are quite popular. I have one of my desk at work, mine's got 3 stalks, so it's "suppose" to bring happiness ^_^

~ I'm a popular chat program.
[I] R C or I would also have accepted [I] C Q

I had IRC in mind when I wrote this, ICQ would have been good too, it used to be very popular.

~ I'm a very juicy fruit, originating from southern Asia, I started being grown in California over a hundred years ago, but I seem to have only become popular in the past decade or so.
M [A] N G O

Mango is a very yummy fruit, it's very juicy like the description says. It's one of my favorite fruit.

~ I'm an old board game (maybe the oldest), people have been playing me since the middle age, and you can tell alot about their way of life just by looking at my pieces.
C H E S [S]

Chess can tell you much about the way people lived in medieval times. If you look at the way a chess board is set up, then study the pieces and how they are used, you will realize that chess is a history of medieval times in miniature.

The pawns on the chess board represent serfs, or laborers. Often they are sacrificed to save the more valuable pieces. In medieval times, serfs were considered no more than property of landowners, or chattel. Life was brutally hard for serfs. They could be traded, used as a diversion, or even sacrificed to allow the landowners to escape harm.

The castle piece on a chess board is the home, or the refuge, just as it was a home in medieval times. In chess, each side has two castles, the rooks.

The knight on a chess board represents the professional soldier of medieval times whose job it was to protect persons of rank, and there are two of them per each side in a game of chess. Knights in a game of chess are more important than pawns, but less important than bishops, kings, or queens. Their purpose in the game of chess is to protect the more important pieces, and they can be sacrificed to save those pieces just as pawns can.

There is a bishop in the game of chess, who represents the church. The church was a rich and mighty force in medieval times, and religion played a large part in every person?s life.

The queen is the most powerful piece of the game. Many people do not realize that queens in medieval times often held a powerful, yet precarious, position. The king was often guided by her advice, and in many cases the queen played games of intrigue at court. But kings could set wives aside or even imprison them in nunneries with the approval of the church (and without the queen?s approval), and many women schemed merely to hold her place at court. The machinations of queens working either for or against their kings are well noted in history throughout medieval times, and often she held more power than the king did.

The king is the tallest piece on the board, and is as well defended on the chessboard as in medieval life. In medieval times, the surrender of the king would mean the loss of the kingdom to invading armies and that could mean change for the worse. It was to everyone?s advantage, from the lowest serf to the highest-ranking official, to keep the king safe from harm. The king is the most important, but not the most powerful piece in chess. If you do not protect your king, you lose the game.

(From http://scsc.essortment.com/chesshistory_rmct.htm)

~ I am the language of hope and international comprehension.
[E] S P E R A N T O

The idea of Esperanto is: the foundation of a neutral language will help break down barriers between people and help everyone see each other as neighbors. [L. Zamenhof, 1912]

The basic idea of Esperanto is about tolerance and respect for people of diverse nations and cultures. Communication is indeed the essential part of understanding each other, and if that communication happens through a neutral language, that can help the feeling that we 'meet' on equal grounds and respect for one another.

(from http://www.lernu.net/lernu.php?lingvo=en)

~ I am considered an intelligent specie, but I'm also fun, come and swim with me!
[D] O L P H I N

Both dolphins and chimps live in complex societies in which there is constant alliance formation especially during mating season. And these two species also seem to posses brain complexity near that of humans, which would follow from the social theory.

Dolphins have a cerebral cortex which is about 40% larger a human being's. Their cortex is also stratified in much the same way as a humans. The frontal lobe of dolphins is also developed to a level comparable to humans. In addition the parietal lobe of dolphins which "makes sense of the senses" is larger than the human parietal and frontal lobes combined.

Primates and cetacean have been considered by some to be extremely intelligent creatures, second only to humans. analysis of primate and cetaceans brain structure has lead to many theories as to the development of intelligence as a trait.

It was once assumed that only humans could communicate with others they can't see, but it turns out dolphins and whales (and elephants, too) have their own versions of telephone and e-mail. Whales and dolphins use high frequencies to communicate over long distances. In fact, they seem to have a need to "talk."

The final answer was BIASED.

from dictionary.com :

1. A preference or an inclination, especially one that inhibits impartial judgment.
2. An unfair act or policy stemming from prejudice.

We had 4 winners this time, each getting a prize of 250k zeny! ^_^

Tenshi (IGN Black K. Night) --> our first winner (edited)
Alexander (IGN Alexander)
Kaede (IGN Kaede)
Clemie (IGN Clemie)

I'll try to post another riddle this afternoon, but I to think of one.

~ Server Admin ~
12-21-2005 11:45 AM
Cessy Offline
Seals for Breakfast

wow and I thought the first one was clover for sure.

[Image: cessysynesthesiasig18nw.jpg]

[Image: voteherobanner1kb.gif]

ign: Cessy
12-21-2005 12:46 PM