Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
heRO Riddle Event 2008
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

heRO Riddle Event 2008

An on-going event exclusive to heRO's forum section for the brilliant, the scholarly and the just plain lucky.

In this thread, I'll be asking difficult riddles specifically related to RO or heRO, and those who answer it correctly will win prizes! Here is how it works:

I ask a riddle, and you have to PM me your answer through the forum, with the title "Riddle" and inside your *1* answer and your in-game name. Answers posted in this thread instead of forum PMs will be ignored. Only post in this thread if you have questions, comments, and/or suggestions about this event.

Note: you cannot change your answer in your PM, unless I made a mistake in the original question. That is the only time you can change your answer, and I will inform everyone when this occurs.

How does this work?

From the moment I post the riddle on the forum you have 24h to pm me your answers. After 24h, all the people with the correct answer win. If no one has gotten the correct answer after 24h, I will add a clue and there will be a new 24h to send another answer.

Riddles are always centered around RO and heRO. An answer to a riddle can be any of the following:
-a monster in RO (including heRO customs, and up to ep 12 monsters)
-an item (including heRO customs, and up to ep 12 items)
-a NPC name (including heRO customs, and up to ep 12 NPCs)
-a GM name (Pandora, Loki, Mystra, Aki, Auron, Ayu)
-a RO location name (including heRO customs)
-a RO skill name (including the homunculus' name, and their skills)

The riddle is blue is the current riddle open to answers. Riddles in gray are old riddles from the past, with the answer typed out in beige.

What is the prize?

Each riddle will have a prize of 1 mil zeny which will be divided among all the winners. For example, if 5 people got it right, then those 5 people will each get 200k. If only one person got it right, then that one person will take home all 1 mil zeny.

In addition, each winner to a riddle will receive an additional small prize that will vary for each riddle along, such as a giftbox, old blue box, oridecon or elunium.

Bonus Old Purple Boxes are rewarded to those who can get the correct answer to a riddle consecutively three times in a row, but this is no easy feat at all Evil

Let the riddles begin!

We have resumed from our easter break! Be sure to check the riddles out on every weekday ^_^ (I need weekend to think of new riddles)

Again some of you are majorly stockpiling prizes. I'm online in-game quite often, so don't be afraid to PM me about riddle prizes ^_^

Riddle #13- Mon March 31st 3:26 PM

"A man's face that foreshadows a dawning death"
item prize: 3 Elunium

Answer:
Wraith/Wraith Dead

Riddle #12- Thurs March 26th 1:20 AM

"Preserving and Accessing Networked Documentary Resources of Australia"
item prize: 1 Giftbox

Answer:
Pandora

Riddle #11- Tues March 25th 1:10 AM

"the 'little donkey' that originates from Mexico/Texas region, except this one is huge..."
item prize: 2 Elunium

Answer:
Giant Burito

Riddle #10- Wed March 19th 2:20 AM

"This monster appeared in one of the first promotional videoes of Ragnarok Online. Its card illustration made a clear reference to this fact."
item prize: 1 Old Purple Box

Answer:
Atroce

Riddle #9- Tuesday March 18th 3:20 AM

"One of them chases the sun, the other chases the moon." For this riddle, you must identify both names to the 'them' mentioned.

Answer:
Garm and Skoll

---- Prize Pick-Up Cut Off ----

Riddle #8- Thursday March 13th 3:00 PM

"If Yggdrasil is the best of Trees, Odin the best of Gods, Bragi the best of Poems, Sleiphnir the best of Steeds, then this is the best of Beasts."

Answer:
Garm

Riddle #7- Wednesday March 12th 3:00 PM

"A snake fairy who fell in love with an immortal, and as a result punished to be bounded to this location"
item prize: 2 Old Blue Box

(a tough riddle this week if I do say so myself)

Answer:
Suei Long Gon

Riddle #6- Sunday March 9th 6:00 PM

"Remember, remember, the fifth of november"
item prize: 1 cookie bag

Answer:
Guy Fawkes Mask/Gunpowder

Riddle #5- Friday March 7th 12:20 PM

"A Saint was said to use this item, which is common for households in the past, along with his faith to force the Devil to beg for mercy and swear an oath not to enter any household if the Devil sees this on the door."
item prize: 2 Giftboxes

Answer:
Horseshoe

Riddle #4- Thursday March 6th 12:15 PM

"The secret is that it needs to be layered with pine needles when steamed in order to have its unique scent."
item prize: Cookie Bag

Answer:
Songpyun

Riddle #3- Thursday March 6th 12:15 PM

"The Dark Lord in the world of RO is only an image of power for the real Dark Lord in another world. ______ tries to bring the true Dark Lord to the world of RO to escape death."
item prize: 2 Elunium

Answer:
Serin

Riddle #2- Tuesday March 4th 9:30 PM

"An ingredient to one of the strongest weapon among the gods. Frey once rode on it."
item prize: [original question omitted]

Answer:
Gullinbursti

Riddle #1- Monday March 3rd 8:10 PM

"Precious item in honor to the brave 6666 martyrs in the middle ages"
item prize: 1 old blue box

Answer:
Basilica

Winner's Hall of Fame
[names with a * at the end are those who picked up their prizes]

Mar 31 (Riddle #13)- repeated for 4 times, no winners

Mar 26 (Riddle #12)- JackofShadows*, DarkSoul*, Fayth* (1 giftbox, 333k)

Mar 25 (Riddle #11)- JackofShadows* (2 elunium, 1 mil)

---Prize Cut-Off---

Mar 20 (Riddle # 10)- Craix, JackofShadows*, Crashy, Shia, Vanira*, Cucu [riddle contributor] (1 OPB, 200k each)

Mar 19 (Riddle #9)- Crashy*, JackofShadows*, Faynt*, Huntress*, Merciful Poseidon*, Krumb*, Ling*, Jarlaxle Atreides* (1 giftbox and 140k)

Mar 13 (Riddle #8)- JackofShadows*, Huntress*, Aaronock, albus dumbledore*, crashy*, merciful poseidon*, krumb*, zboy, bonesaw*, Daraeon Ravensong

Mar 12 (Riddle #7)- JackofShadows*, Crashy*, Daraeon Ravensong*, Vanira

Mar 9 (Riddle #6)- jackofshadows*, eadgils, jarlaxle atreides, fayth*, albus dumbledore*, nidsrule, Daraven ravensong, merciful poseidon*, maiden*, craix, zerosk, CristylReverie*, crashy, vanira

Mar 6 (Riddle #5)- Daraeon Ravensong*, Jarlaxle Atreides, JackofShadow*

Mar 5 (Riddle #4)- Everoth, Albus Dumbledore*, Lucky Day, Krumb*, Shia*, Jackofshadows, astroboi, crashy, Yumera*, zboy*, zerosk*, bonesaw*, Daraeon Ravensong*

Mar 5 (riddle #3)- Oniichan*, Doori, astroboi

Mar 3: Daraeon Ravensong*, Merciful Poseidon*, Shia*, Zerosk*, Nagato Yuki*, Craix*, Everoth*

03-03-2008 09:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: heRO Riddle Event 2008

*cheers*

Riddle events are awesome! Thanks Ayu.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
03-03-2008 09:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I'll like to remind people to please guess something that exist in RO or heRO. Remember that the answer to the riddle must belong to one of the following groups:

-a monster in RO (including heRO customs, and up to ep 12 monsters)
-an item (including heRO customs, and up to ep 12 items)
-a NPC name (including heRO customs, and up to ep 12 NPCs)
-a GM name (Pandora, Loki, Mystra, Aki, Auron, Ayu)
-a RO location name (including heRO customs)
-a RO skill name (including the homunculus' name, and their skills)

Also, unless I made an error in the original question, I do not accept changing answers. It's hard to keep track and it allows people to randomly spam+guess.

03-03-2008 09:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
.LuZ. Offline
Fubar

Do we have to explaine our answers to you?

[Image: Signature.jpg]

.LuZ.
03-04-2008 02:52 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

No, because it'll become just how well you argue your answer then. You can do it anyway, but it won't affect how I judge the riddle.

03-04-2008 03:25 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I'll give a breakdown of how to approach these riddles for this first one, since this is the first one and some people may not be too familiar with my style yet (especially if you aren't on the night time riddle few days ago.) But after this, I'm not going to go into depth Icon_razz

"Precious item in honor to the brave 6666 martyrs in the middle ages"

The clue gives us an image of a holy item, which many of our guesses are headed in that direction. However, a riddle only has one answer and we must look for keywords that specify it down to pinpoint the one answer.

In this riddle, the specialized clause is the 6666 martyrs. This item is in honor to specifically this group of people. The 6666 martyrs are known as the Theban Legion. No other legions of the roman empire have this specific number of knights/crusaders.

With this in mind, we wipe out almost all items that are general to any holy man since they are not the best suitable answer to the riddle. Items like Holy Water, Gold, and Legion Plate Armor are eliminated here. Random items with some holy sounding name like Sabbath, Grand Cross, Holy Cross, Sacred Mission, Holy Avenger are also eliminated.

Those who made it to this far have done very well already to find out that the 6666 martyrs is the Theban Legion. There are still two possibilities.

Sorry but it is NOT the Longinus Spear. (One of you guessed the Holy Lance but didn't know how to connect it to RO. The name of the Holy Lance is the Longinus, which is a Lv 4 weapon in RO.)

The reason why it's not the Longinus is because Longinus maybe associated greatly with the Theban Legion, but the riddle said that it's an item "in honor TO" the Theban Legion. Longinus existed 300 years ago before the Theban Legion, and therefore cannot be something made in honor for the bravery of the Theban Legion.

The only possible answer left is Basilica, the skill from the High Priest class.

The Basilica of St. Peter in Aguanum is built in honor to the Theban Legion. For those who don't know, a basilica is a church that has been according special 'privileges' by the Roman Catholic pope with a certain specific design.

Basilica is the best option, and therefore the correct answer to this riddle.

Winners of this riddle are:
Daraeon Ravensong, Merciful Poseidon, Shia, Zerosk, Nagato Yuki, Craix, Everoth

Each of you wins 143k zeny along with 1 obb! Congratulations!

03-04-2008 10:16 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

March 4: omit =(

Reason: A fatal mistake on my part and mismatched Freya with her brother Freyj, therefore misleading people to look for the wrong boar (each Freya and Freyj ride a boar of their own.) I was looking for Gullinbursti, which belonged to Freyj, and thus contradicted the riddle.

Instead, I'll post 2 riddles today to try to make up for it.

03-06-2008 01:09 AM
fudashi Offline
finds your lack of faith disturbing.

I nearly entered Gullinbursti but I couldn't figure out how it was an ingredient Icon_smile??So I entered Feather of Birds, figuring that Freya had a cloak that let her transform into a hawk, so she "rode" on that Icon_smile, and one of the ingredients you need to find during the quest was those feather of birds...

I know you've withdrawn the question, but can you just put my mind at rest and explain the "ingredient" bit?

[Image: jacksig.gif]
JackOfShadows - Lvl 95(!) Rogue
Jack Of Mice - Lvl 83 Wizard
Jack Of Trades - Lvl 80 Blacksmith
03-06-2008 06:17 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

For the real Mjolnir creation, the smiths threw Gullinbursti into the furnace? lol... not sure what else is there to expand on for that part ._.;

03-06-2008 06:26 AM
fudashi Offline
finds your lack of faith disturbing.

Ahhhhhh.... see, I missed that bit, I was looking at the RO creation of Mjolnir, not the Norse one.

A schoolboy error Icon_smile

Thanks, Ayu

[Image: jacksig.gif]
JackOfShadows - Lvl 95(!) Rogue
Jack Of Mice - Lvl 83 Wizard
Jack Of Trades - Lvl 80 Blacksmith
03-06-2008 06:30 AM