Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question : Does Pneuma work for you?
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE: Question : Does Pneuma work for you?

Tenshi Wrote:meh~ well if shield reflect works on it then he should get knocked out of hide or cloak when I get hit BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Exactly Icon_wink

11-30-2005 03:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
GM-Ben
Unregistered

I tough I read in some changelog that grimtooth was "now" considered range attack, it would need to be tested out.

Ben
11-30-2005 09:25 AM
Jubei Offline
Chairman

Cessy Wrote:yeah i'm not sure how grimtooth is a melee skill when it clearly shoots spikes out in a continous and infinite line (visually) and hits players several cells away.
Well isn't grim like the sin stabbing people underground with katars (hence the 2 spikes)

[Image: hl101.jpg]
11-30-2005 08:21 PM
Find all posts by this user
Cessy Offline
Seals for Breakfast

Jubei Wrote:
Cessy Wrote:yeah i'm not sure how grimtooth is a melee skill when it clearly shoots spikes out in a continous and infinite line (visually) and hits players several cells away.
Well isn't grim like the sin stabbing people underground with katars (hence the 2 spikes)

If that were the case, then grimtooth is now the most nonsensical skill in all of RO, and this is counting in things like berserk ("ARGH I'M SO ANGRY I CAN'T EVEN TALK") and frost joke ("I CAN FREEZE PPL WITH MY VOICE LOLOLOLOL"). How exactly does an assassin dig through the ground with katars in mere seconds and stab people with them? And why does he have to return to his initial position every time he wants to do it? And why does the animation show it going into infinity? And how come monsters can use the skill without going into hide?

[Image: cessysynesthesiasig18nw.jpg]

[Image: voteherobanner1kb.gif]

ign: Cessy
11-30-2005 08:28 PM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE: ?? Question : Does Pneuma work for you?

Cessy Wrote:
Jubei Wrote:

If that were the case, then grimtooth is now the most nonsensical skill in all of RO, and this is counting in things like berserk ("ARGH I'M SO ANGRY I CAN'T EVEN TALK") and frost joke ("I CAN FREEZE PPL WITH MY VOICE LOLOLOLOL"). How exactly does an assassin dig through the ground with katars in mere seconds and stab people with them? And why does he have to return to his initial position every time he wants to do it? And why does the animation show it going into infinity? And how come monsters can use the skill without going into hide?
Its the secret tentacles of doom...
whats realy weird is stalk.....Yar! Im a miner diggin underground to come get you~

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2005 08:32 PM by Manifus.)
11-30-2005 08:31 PM
Cessy Offline
Seals for Breakfast

I think what screws everything up is the concept that "hide" means going underground. It would be better to just describe the skill as a Rogue/Assassin using their leet stealth skills instead of digging underground...

11-30-2005 08:33 PM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

Cessy Wrote:I think what screws everything up is the concept that "hide" means going underground. It would be better to just describe the skill as a Rogue/Assassin using their leet stealth skills instead of digging underground...

Thats what cloak is... /swt

11-30-2005 08:34 PM
Hina Offline

RE:???? Question : Does Pneuma work for you?

Manifus Wrote:
Cessy Wrote:
Jubei Wrote:

Its the secret tentacles of doom...
whats realy weird is stalk.....Yar! Im a miner diggin underground to come get you~

its just one of those gamethings maybe?
-----
like Legolas from lord of the rings,
were does he get all those arrows?!?!
hes only got like 10 in his quiver?
------
simple, its movie/game magic...
use your imagination
cause thats as close as you'll get to a real awnserIcon_wink
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2005 05:49 AM by Hina.)
12-02-2005 05:47 AM
Cessy Offline
Seals for Breakfast

No, it's actually pretty different. I can understand certain spells/skills since you can take a step from reality and add magic to it, and it still makes sense. Perhaps Legolas just has a magic quiver that doesn't run out of arrows, sure that can work. But an assassin digging underground into a hole that doesn't displace any earth (and it works on any surface, even concrete and metal) and moves instantaneously from point to point but always has to reset from his original hole, and somehow sends his katar through the ground in an infinite line... even if you try to justify that with "magic" you won't be making any sense. I'm all for suspension of disbelief but it has to be reasonable.

12-02-2005 06:16 AM
Jubei Offline
Chairman

[Image: Gordonfreeman.gif]

Also:
1) A knight can carry a supply of 150 swords on his back (achieved though no equips+str)

2) hunters can carry 800 arrows in one quiver,
3) a hunter fly can be cought in a bear trap,
4) you have to perforate over 100 arrows into an angeling to pop it
5) panties has more defense than an armor that completely covers your body
6) the strongest weapon for a acolyte is not the mace with spikes or even the large wooden instrument, its a friggin golf club.
7) you can eat a piece of toast for ever 30 days and it never gets old
8) some idiot at alberta trades valuable red potions for poring kidney stones.

Do i really need to go on, this game in its self makes no sense. Thats how most video games are.

[Image: hl101.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2005 03:27 PM by Jubei.)
12-02-2005 02:24 PM
Thread Closed