Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Virus Found
bruised Offline

Virus Found

Okay, I just opened up heRO patcher and AVG said a virus was detected called like Back.Door.Ragnarok
it gave me options to ignore and move to vault, so I moved to vault and now I can't open heRO, I am guessing it was cause the virus was found in the heRO.exe file, so is it common to have virus scan detect hero?
Cause I know some scans detect gamguard as a virus.
Does this mean I need to re-download heRo?
03-05-2008 10:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Peeka~ Offline
Changing Peco for Motorcycle...

RE: Virus Found

The same thing happened to me bruised, yes I'm sure you will need to redowload heRO. I tried but it didn't work for me.

I did install another antivirus as I had a backup and AVG wouldn't let me use the back up either. But with the new one and the backup I'm fine. I'm really not sure where all that came from. Hopefully its AVG's mistake.

Peeka~
03-05-2008 11:19 PM
bruised Offline

dam, cause AVG also found BackDoor.Ragnarok in all the other folders that contain like sak or rag or something to deal with RO

I tried reinstalling the patcher cause exe seemed to be only thing affected, and i still couldn't run it. Also when I ran heRO even before I send .exe to the vault it still gave me errors.
03-05-2008 11:47 PM
Kikumaru Offline
I believe!

Hmmm..I use AVG myself and I never found anything like that. I'm not sure what the problem could be, but hopefully Loki or one of the other tech support members will help you with the situation Ok

[Image: NagatoYuki.gif]
Nagato Yuki: Level 68/35 (Professor)
[Image: Kaiji-1.jpg]
Anime currently watching: Kaiji
03-06-2008 12:49 AM
wussypuff Offline
dancin' like a MONKEY!!!!!!!!

i use avg as well and never had a problem like that.

but then again i started with a fully updated RO and then just patched hero into it.

[Image: Gardenfishing2.jpg]
03-06-2008 03:09 AM
Kikumaru Offline
I believe!

This has got to be some sort of bad joke...

I just tried signing into heRO like I always do and I got an error message which read, "The file directory has moved or you do not have permission to access this file". I went into my RO folder shortly after and AVG popped up with a message saying, "Virus detected!" and it was the Back.Door.Ragnarok file this person was talking about.

I moved the heRO.exe file into the vault and shortly thereafter..another message popped up saying, "Virus detected!" and it was the same file, only detected from the sak.exe this time, so I had to put that in the vault as well.

What's going on here? I was just on, what..4 hours ago? I didn't move anything or do anything at all with the directory, but now I have a "virus" and don't have "permission" to access the heRO.exe anymore?

Now I really hope someone comes in here and solves this issue. I can't believe something like this happened..

03-06-2008 03:49 AM
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

Have AVG done a recent update of their Database, that would recognize the file in question as a virus? Seems funny that everyone just recently had this problem, all at once.

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
03-06-2008 04:06 AM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

heh .. apparently your AVG has had an update installed recently which is now causeing it to alert on RO. i had this prob with my nortons a long while back doing that but told it to just ignore my RO from then on and havent had it try to delete it any since than. Dont panic your RO isnt a virus.Just figure out how to tell AVG that or change your antivirus program. I switched to PC Tools (only because i hate haveing to renew a license every year) and it hasnt done that any yet.

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
03-06-2008 04:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kikumaru Offline
I believe!

Well, I've already uninstalled it and am reinstalling it soon. I've already looked through AVG and I'm not exactly sure how to make heRO bypass the detection. I think I should just switch programs, but before doing that..does anybody know how to get rid of the infected files within the virus vault?

I was afraid to click "empty vault", cause I thought they would all scatter over my computer again, lol..but if I'm going to uninstall the program, I need to make sure those kept in the vault go away for good as well.

03-06-2008 04:18 AM
Kikumaru Offline
I believe!

Yay for double-posting Icon_twisted

Anyway, I ditched AVG and downloaded PC Tools Antivirus which works pretty well, so I'm going to stick with this instead. After uninstalling AVG, I re-installed heRO and everything works fine now.

I would suggest that any other AVG users having the "BackDoor" issue look into getting PC Tools Antivirus as a replacement. It works great Ok

03-06-2008 06:58 AM