Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
n00b question-high rate servers?
chronos Offline

n00b question-high rate servers?

so is there a high rate server for heRO? if so how do i get it downloaded and if not is there going to be one created anytime soon? not even a high rate, maybe even a mid rate server with around 500/500/100? 5/5/3 is really hard to work with but this server seems so nice that i dont really wanna go to another...sorry if this is a stupid question that has been asked 5 million times, but i didnt see it anywhere so excuse me if i missed it.

EDIT:ok well on the patcher i just saw that there was a temporary high rate server and i was just wondering, why not host multiple servers with different rates like many other private servers?
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2008 01:06 AM by chronos.)
03-07-2008 12:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: n00b question-high rate servers?

there was a high rate that was implemented for 1 night only, so we could have a place to play while the low rate was undergoing maintenance.

Bit I don't see another one being made any time soon.

and 5/5/3 is still better than 1/1/1 so I tolerate it =p
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2008 12:36 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
03-07-2008 12:34 AM
Ryu Van Burace Offline
Team Awesome

chronos Wrote:EDIT:ok well on the patcher i just saw that there was a temporary high rate server and i was just wondering, why not host multiple servers with different rates like many other private servers?
Well, erm, available hardware? There is a limit...

"Make love to me Snake! I want you!"
"Duude!"
"You're supposed to hit her"
"Damn right I'm gonna hit that!"
-Metal Gear Awesome
03-07-2008 05:29 AM
Kikumaru Offline
I believe!

As already stated by Joe, it was a temporary server while heRO was undergoing maintenance. I think most of the community here doesn't want a high rate. No offense, but honestly..who wants a high rate, then comes to a 5/5/3 server? Laugh

I get what you're saying though. Have a low and a high. Well, that would probably (I'm assuming it does, I've never ran a server before) cost a lot more money and definitely more resources, not to mention..probably more staff, to help keep running, up-to-date, etc.

Also, please try to refrain from posting names of other RO servers please. It's against the rules and I understand you wasn't trying to advertise, but it is preferred you say, "Well, on this server I used to play on, they had a high and low rate" as opposed to, "Well, on *insert private server name here*, they had a high and low rate" Ok

[Image: NagatoYuki.gif]
Nagato Yuki: Level 68/35 (Professor)
[Image: Kaiji-1.jpg]
Anime currently watching: Kaiji
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2008 06:53 AM by Kikumaru.)
03-07-2008 06:51 AM
chronos Offline

RE:??n00b question-high rate servers?

Kikumaru Wrote:No offense, but honestly..who wants a high rate, then comes to a 5/5/3 server? Laugh

well i saw a banner ad on ratemyserver.net, and the server looked so cool with the wings and events and stuff that i downloaded it even though i was already playing on ******RO which was a 3k/3k/10k. ... almost forgot about the server advertising warning... well anyway thanks for the info - i guess im going to have to learn some patience then as ive decided to stick with this server even if the rates arent what im used to playing on.
03-07-2008 06:32 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Thanks for the suggestion, as mentioned already however running an extra server would consume some resources.

We have a test server, but it's not meant as a server to play on, it's used to test new quests and is graciously hosted by someone else. I don't think it could handle a real server population all the time.

Anyhow heRO is meant to be heroic ^_^ low rate suits that. Hope you have fun while you're here!

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
03-07-2008 07:09 PM