Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Crime & Punishment
jman212 Offline

RE: Crime & Punishment

Niirnaeth Wrote:If swearing said in guild chat is ban worthy then I and many others are deserving of a ban.
yeah basically this is all one big setup to get me bannedIcon_suprised No surprise there.

IGetMoney~LoA Forever.
[Image: LoAcopy.jpg]
03-08-2008 07:52 PM
Find all posts by this user
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Niirnaeth Wrote:If swearing said in guild chat is ban worthy then I and many others are deserving of a ban.

We never took that into part of the account.

As for "GM Spying" I'll say, yes we did.

There's no other way to decide with just urbandictionary alone, especially when it comes to someone's intention. The only way that we GMs can think of at that time is to check the logs relevant to the time of the event.

We thought about the "privacy" matter, but if nothing wrong was committed, it will clear their name of all accusations.

03-08-2008 08:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

GM's are stepping a VERY fine line if they are checking only loa's guild chats. If you choose to check our guild chats alone, then there is obvious discrimination. If you put LoA under radar, then you haveta put ALL guilds and party chats under the same radar. I doubt you guys have the time to read all chats, so I don't see why this had to be done.

This is proof then that we in LoA have been watched, for how long now? I would very much like to know. Have guild chats to other guilds EVER been checked, such at LW's, Behemoth's, Apocalypses, DD's, BSL...I could name more guilds but the point is there. If you check only our guild chat, you must check all guild chats equally else then there are several problems, that I can't even begin to get into.

EDIT: Added a few things, and changed a few wordings.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2008 08:06 PM by Aaronock.)
03-08-2008 08:05 PM
Yumera Offline
Kissing Fiend

Ummm there is one small part I'd like to add, and it regards the whole this being a game for kids and such.

If it was meant to be for kids then what can be said about such monsters as a parasite and boss monsters like Maya and Maya Purple. When i personally saw those monsters for the first time i was shocked and then i shook my head and laughed. (one being my real name is actually Maya)

Any who I never would have guessed that the environment of heRO was G. Thats why I like this server so much, most the players are in their late teens and early to late 20's. So the levelness of the name tolerance and such should at least be PG-13. XD

~*:Yumera:Arlean:Erali:Yume:Miru:Rayne:Alana:Leilara:Wonderbucket:*~
03-08-2008 08:26 PM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

RE:??Crime & Punishment

Aaronock Wrote:This is proof then that we in LoA have been watched, for how long now???I would very much like to know.??Have guild chats to other guilds EVER been checked, such at LW's, Behemoth's, Apocalypses, DD's, BSL...I could name more guilds but the point is there.??If you check only our guild chat, you must check all guild chats equally else then there are several problems, that I can't even begin to get into.

EDIT: Added a few things, and changed a few wordings.

Your proof is very hard to see as we do check guild chat if reports warrant it and we have checked other guild's chat.

Now I'm trying to answer n3xus's post which was very thoughtfull and written in a calm straight manner. Please keep it that way?

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
03-08-2008 08:26 PM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

checking guild chats isnt anything new .. Ben used to pop in OoC's chat from time to time and he hasnt been here in ages.

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
03-08-2008 08:33 PM
Rei Ayanami 18 Offline
Agility Addict! \( 'ヮ' )/

Ok. I've just read Marsh's post. And I understand more now what's is going on. Still not as much to consider it enough tho.
But I would just like to say this...
I agree with what Marsh has said. Not being biased either, oh gosh no! I'm not biased like that. I do care about him tho. Icon_smile
But if you haven't read his post (the first one), then do so!??Thoroughly too!
He makes a TON of points.. and I believe he has thought it out thoroughly on both sides and looked at both sides and has given his opinion on the situation that has occured. Ok As best to his ability!
I would like to add what his last paragraph says...:
n3xus Wrote:I will be the first to say that HeRO is the best low-rate server I've ever played on.??Partly because the GM team acts more responsible than other servers I've been on.??Corruption is certainly kept to a minimum.??I haven't seen any low-rate server go for so long without having something big going on like unbalanced donation items, GMs taking the money and running, GM corruption, etc.??But they're not perfect and it seems like lately, the GM team's objectvity is slipping in terms of punishment.??I don't want to feel like I'm slowly falling into that??movie Equilibrium, if anyone's seen that.??A character deletion is much harder to undo than a ban.??The GM team set the bar high for themselves and that's why they're the best I've seen.??Being a good GM is hard work and the team here does it well.??It is clear that a ton of players love this server and are having a lot of fun.??Try to maintain and don't let HeRO keep slipping.
Total agree with you Marsh! No1??
This is my third server (all have been low-rate) and I've been on this server for 2 years now. I'll be the second to say that HeRO is the BEST low-rate server I've ever played on! Ok
*steps aside and let's GMs do their best* *hugs*??Love you GM??Team!??
Now let's make sure that HeRO doesn't slip anymore, but make it stronger and can "Break Fall" from every 'slip'. Evil??LaughOk

EDIT: Fixed some words/typos.

[Image: 851e24f8e3a3edd9a05a90179ce4dcfd--anime-...-girls.jpg] Nyuu!
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2008 09:09 PM by Rei Ayanami 18.)
03-08-2008 09:06 PM
SwiftStrike Offline
teh fuh.

jman212 Wrote:
yeah basically this is all one big setup to get me bannedIcon_suprised No surprise there.

Amen.

[Image: seifer.jpg]
03-08-2008 09:06 PM
SwiftStrike Offline
teh fuh.

Niirnaeth Wrote:
n3xus Wrote:[Quote=GM-Auron]
We got lots of reports all in a small time frame of 1-2 days

This is also pretty strange. It looks like someone tried to actually organize people into sending a slew of reports in to deal with certain loa members. Almost.

It doesn't just look like, it is obvious that a large group of people sent in reports together. Screenshots from 2007 were sent in, players that have not played in months being banned because of their actions taken last year, and all of these bans coming at the exact same time is clearly pointing to a large effort to discredit LoA and its members. If the mistreatment that was reported was so offensive it would have been reported when it happened. There is even an incident from October 2007 that was reported and only now sent in.

It is interesting that only now when LoA has become so powerful and practically triples its enemies numbers for woe that all of this is sent in. What ever happened to fighting your enemy and beating them with skill and hard work? Sure some of LoA's members were rude to other players but the majority of the guild were good people. Some players on this server tend to take the outcomes of woe far too seriously and develop what can only be described as hatred towards their enemies. As much as members of other guilds complain about the way LoA acts and says them talking behind others backs is cowardly you need only read their guild chat or private forums and the same attitude is there.

Whats truly cowardly is not having the balls to show up and fight LoA on the battlefield, instead sending reports about their supposed mistreatments so that their players get banned and hopefully their guild falls apart as a result. Is shit like Bhoops, Baby Joose, and other play on words so offensive to you that you are mentally anguished enough to demand they be reprimanded for it? Its bullshit if any of you truly say that they are the ones who treat others poorly when the stuff that you say behind their backs is the same if not worse. The only difference is that LoA is the more public rulebreakers and anything they do is under scrutiny.

Its truly pathetic that instead of accepting a loss and working harder to achieve victory that people need to stoop to this level of cowardice to gain the the upper hand. Victory gained through dishonest means is worthless. If you hack and win you truly prove nothing and these tactics employed against LoA are no better. LoA proved to be a worthy enemy and gave those who wanted a challenge a reason to play. If LoA is truly gone then this server has lost a big part of what it meant to represent your guild in the war of emperium.
[/quote]

Amen.

SwiftStrike Wrote:
jman212 Wrote:[quote=Niirnaeth]
If swearing said in guild chat is ban worthy then I and many others are deserving of a ban.

Amen. I would know best that No guild chat(winkwink) or "guild forum"(/gg) on this server forum page is innocent. And all I've personally seen was GM's saying to watch language after such posts and sometimes edit the posts themselves never to actually give a punishment for such actions, but hey of course LoA is different. Icon_biggrin

[Image: seifer.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2008 09:11 PM by SwiftStrike.)
03-08-2008 09:11 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Rei Ayanami 18 Wrote:This is my third server (all have been low-rate) and I've been on this server for 2 years now. I'll be the second to say that HeRO is the BEST low-rate server I've ever played on! Ok
*steps aside and let's GMs do their best* *hugs* Love you GM Team!
Now let's make sure that HeRO doesn't slip anymore, but make it stronger and can "Break Fall" from every 'slip'. Evil LaughOk

Nyuu, I agree, I've played on SEVERAL servers, and HeRO has been one of my best experiences I have had on a server. I feel the points Machi hits on is an observance of the community and how it has been lately. Most of us have felt uneasy, and someone eventually had to say something.

I'm glad it was Machi before me, because he can say it a bazillion times better than I ever could.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
03-08-2008 09:13 PM
Thread Closed