Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Crime & Punishment
Rei Ayanami 18 Offline
Agility Addict! \( 'ヮ' )/

RE: Crime & Punishment

Aaronock Wrote:I'm glad it was Machi before me, because he can say it a bazillion times better than I ever could.
AGREED!! O.o *head ache from everything!* *"Break Falls" head ache! Evil Icon_razz

[Image: 851e24f8e3a3edd9a05a90179ce4dcfd--anime-...-girls.jpg] Nyuu!
03-08-2008 09:20 PM
Find all posts by this user
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

i like pie Love

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
03-08-2008 09:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Iduncare Offline
<3 Holy Krap

teOx Wrote:
iduncare Wrote:something they did do
something they did not do
something someone thought someone did but has no proof
can you give an example of the last 2? my memory fails and i dont remember anything like that.

of the last 2, well one of them is being resolved right now with silv, and theres been other cases like his that were NOT resolved... there are others but none of them come to mind right this second

[Image: 200pxfreyacrescentartqg0.jpg]
oh ma gwad... yes gwad... but here comes the one who says the P werd!... word.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2008 09:34 PM by Iduncare.)
03-08-2008 09:33 PM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

Iduncare Wrote:
teOx Wrote:
iduncare Wrote:something they did do
something they did not do
something someone thought someone did but has no proof
can you give an example of the last 2? my memory fails and i dont remember anything like that.

of the last 2, well one of them is being resolved right now with silv, and theres been other cases like his that were NOT resolved... there are others but none of them come to mind right this second

i have an example for one of the last two machi and ill give you a hint .. im not doing it right now. Icon_biggrin

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
03-08-2008 09:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Astroboi Away

teOx Wrote:hell i doubt i would report ex even if i saw him botting or something.

Oooh god damn irony
03-08-2008 09:43 PM
Kyouhei Offline
Banned

Yumera Wrote:Ummm there is one small part I'd like to add, and it regards the whole this being a game for kids and such.

If it was meant to be for kids then what can be said about such monsters as a parasite and boss monsters like Maya and Maya Purple. When i personally saw those monsters for the first time i was shocked and then i shook my head and laughed. (one being my real name is actually Maya)

Any who I never would have guessed that the environment of heRO was G. Thats why I like this server so much, most the players are in their late teens and early to late 20's. So the levelness of the name tolerance and such should at least be PG-13. XD

We should remove Maya, maya purple and bloody butterfly cuz we can see their breasts. We should remove Hodes because it resembles a penis. Lets remove parasites cuz theres a naked child on it. Do away with deviruchis, cuz they are the devil! I mean..the list can go on but I think if you want to keep heRO under pg 13, we should get rid of these sexual and demonic things from our angelic little world x)

But yeh... I wont be doing any PMs or requesting my case be looked into further. Like I said, I was gonna quit anyways so I'll just not make a big deal out of my ban...I mean i think GMs got enough on their plate at the moment hehe. Not to mention I got no problem with the ban.

Machi wrote up a reali good post (at least in my opinion). Most of us were already used to little name callings here and there in pvp or in woe. I mean...I'm not reali gonna report someone calling me noob...or make fun of my race. I'm old enough to laugh it off as something a pathetic child would cry about. We make fun of each others race or ethnicity plenty of times as a joke in guild chat. Its pretty obvious to tell if one is joking or not if they were actually reading the guild chat while the joke was being made. Reading off a little log...you just cant take circumstances of the actual chat along with it...I can assure you that none of my guildies would ever actually diss each others race seriously.

My stand on Jason's name is simple: If a GM changed his name without properly looking into the meaning of the name first, then obviously the GM neglected his or her responsibility to make sure the name was not a slander or a profanity. What is the point of these name changes if you dont take the extra mile (its your "job" afterall) to ensure all the requested names were suitable for heRO? I'm not saying you should literally check all the names one by one (Obviously *gorium* to Gorium or o Kish o into King Kisho doesnt need to be checked.) But I'm sure some questions came to mind when you saw Baby Joose, and yet no check was done til now. Also, about that "We decided to believe that the players would be responsible and choose non offensive names, they decided to not follow the rules." part... It doesnt justify a GM neglecting to check any suspicious name before changing it. If the GM team trusted the players with something and the trust gets broken, its not only the players fault, but the GM as well. Lemme give a very simple example that relates to what I'm talking about. Buddhahealer trusted his account information to his friend, and that friend betrayed his trust. Who's fault is it? And we all know it was Buddha's fault to trust his friend with his password and his friend;s fault for acting like a child. Of course I'm not saying GM's were completely at fault. Jason should've known better and I should have stopped him like Mercador did. I think the two parties, Jason and the GM team, have some fault in this case but its not really fair to Jason that his high priest just gets deleted, just like that. Its also not fair that you (the GMs) act like they're innocent of all charges.

One last thing, I really, really dont see why Baby Joose is all that offensive...Its a natural thing x) But thats just me as a male speaking. Hell I think girls having their time of the month is disgusting and thats natural right? I'm done contradicting myself with that x).
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2008 10:05 PM by Kyouhei.)
03-08-2008 09:56 PM
Culex Offline
Cucu / Lolibug o_o

n3xus Wrote:Moreoever, the GMs stated that Jason brought this down upon himself with his actions and words towards other players. Again, what does one's actions have to do with a name? This alone shows that this was a biased decision. Astro's example of "Cucu" seems to be pretty valid. Just because he is nicer to a a larger group of people than Jason, does his pretty offensive name become appropriate? I'm not asking for his name to be changed. None of this stuff bothered me personally. But I just want the rule to be made clearer.
You just had to put my name in your thread, hm machi?

Matt very well knows the origin of my name. He only has made this "fake report" pretending to be offended by it only because he wanted to try to put me into trouble or the see the GMs reactions about it.

I thought it was pretty funny to see such a reaction from him because he's kinda in the same situation as me :
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=astro

Of course I know his nickname is a diminutive from Astroboy, just that unlike him I'm not going into a fuss about it.

You see, these kind of "grey area" are hard to cope with. I personally never have had any report from people being offended by my name or anything. I'm letting the GM do their job and judge the case when need be.

About the rest, I really have no respect anymore about the ones who got banned after seeing the craps reviews and flamming they left about the server, GMs and some players on rms. Machi you very well know the kind of people you're dealing with. It's very humble of you to defend them but when I saw their behaviors after receiving the punishment they deserved I really think there's nothing much to save.

[Image: sig2vr9.gif]

vote vote vote VOTE!! 0_0

Top100 - Top200
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2008 10:16 PM by Culex.)
03-08-2008 09:58 PM
Astroboi Away

No, actually my point was to show how unreliable urbandictionnary was.

You also have no proof of who wrote those reviews (that were probably deleted? I just checked and cant see them) you can only assume. Not to mention, a review such as snapple's blindlessly saying everythings perfect is just as biased as any hate-driven one, why isnt that one deleted too, hmm?
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2008 10:04 PM by Astroboi.)
03-08-2008 10:00 PM
Kiki Offline
♥iCutie♥

Culex Wrote:
n3xus Wrote:Moreoever, the GMs stated that Jason brought this down upon himself with his actions and words towards other players. Again, what does one's actions have to do with a name? This alone shows that this was a biased decision. Astro's example of "Cucu" seems to be pretty valid. Just because he is nicer to a a larger group of people than Jason, does his pretty offensive name become appropriate? I'm not asking for his name to be changed. None of this stuff bothered me personally. But I just want the rule to be made clearer.
You just had to put my name in your thread, hm machi?

Matt very well knows the origin of my name. He only has made this "fake report" pretending to be offended by it only because he wanted to try to put me into trouble or the see the GMs reactions about it.

I thought it was pretty funny to see such a reaction from him because he's kinda in the same situation as me :
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=astro

Of course I know his nickname is a diminutive from Astroboy, just that unlike him I'm not going into a fuss about it.

You see, these kind of "grey area" are hard to cope with. I personally never have had any report from people being offended by my name or anything. I'm letting the GM do their job and judge the case when need be.

About the rest, I really have no respect anymore about the ones who got banned after seeing the craps reviews and flamming they left about the server, GMs and some players on rms. Machi you very well know the kind of people you're dealing with. It's very humble of you to defend them but when I saw their behaviors after receiving the punishment they deserved I really think there's nothing much to save.
ur not exactly ne different from them cucu. the onli difference btwn u and these guys are they arent afraid to speak their minds to someone's face, while u go around and "act" friendly to get their attention then presume to taunt or say something to make them retaliate. then u proceed to take screenies to ur heart's content and go report-happi O.O so dont u dare act like u are innocent amongst all this.

[Image: myfirstsigcopy-1.png][Image: Love-comment-100.gif]
♥ ♡ ღ
(ign: Lacus Clyne ღ Kuran Juuri ღ Haine-chan ღ Baby Olivia)
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2008 10:24 PM by Kiki.)
03-08-2008 10:22 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Kyouhei Wrote:We should remove Maya, maya purple and bloody butterfly cuz we can see their breasts.
You forgot Isis and Harpy
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2008 10:25 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
03-08-2008 10:24 PM
Thread Closed