Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Crime & Punishment
thaibabylao Offline

RE: Crime & Punishment

ok so i have done so much reading and i think everyone has everything all wrong. first of all...everyone is an individual, yet is classified as a group. what am i talking about? i have been a part of LOA since my aco life, and my priest has been in this guild since forever. all i hear about is people talking down on LOA. Talking bad about LOA. LOA this and LOA that. (i am a part of LOA, yet i am an individual. Yes it is my guild, and LOA has great members long with some poor members...but isnt that with every guild? I dont like the fact that people are always talking bad or putting down LOA, since i been a part of LOA forever, and all i have done is help everyone, level everyone, from the guild of LW, to the guild of DD. I have handed millions of zenny to noobs, given away tons of gears to everyone from every guild. i know that aaronock is also a great person, and so is Arlean, Machi, Holy krap, Altire, and so on. These are the greatest guild members i can ever ask for, and im sure everyone can say great things about them. They have been so helpful to me and im sure everyone else. stop categorizing everyone as a group and start categorizing each as an individual. all i hear is all this bad crap about LOA, but all i have seen is mostly GOOD. which is NEVER highlighted. Stop putting down LOA. what have i dont do anyone that was so hurtful? I have always been proud to be part of one of the best guilds in hero, if not the best. (my opinion) So once someone does something bad, its taken as 'THE GUILD" not the individual. The first day i started Hero...i asked someone what is a good guild to join? Quote and qoute this person said...hero has many great guilds, but whatever u do, dont ever join LOA. i asked why and he walked away. one day i was heal bombing in orc dungeon, when this hw came along and SW me and healed me, helped me lvl, took me to anubis and tanked for me. he went out of his way to help me. This great hero of mine was no other then Kish. He later invited me and i told him i am very loyal to my guilds, and the only way i will ever leave is if they betray my trust, or me, which they have never done. From my eyes, and point of view, LOA had some bad people, and some great people. but so does every guild..yet everyone wants to focus on this LOA...people should really open their eyes, and wake up. what one person does should not effect the whole entire guild, just themselves. dont put down everyone else in it or with it. its not fair.
03-09-2008 06:59 AM
Find all posts by this user
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

/pat Ayuu

I wonder how many people will read that Icon_sad

Are you serious about a botter saying that...? Because that's just plain stupid logic :\
03-09-2008 07:54 AM
Snapplewee Offline
¥Snapple¥

You guys, by dragging this whole thing on, we're turning new players off. I understand the importance, but can we leave it sit for a few days so we can all clear our heads?
03-09-2008 10:20 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I've read all the posts made so I could make a general answer + specific answers to things I feel need to be addressed.

But before I start I want to remind of a simple fact. Many seem very quick to forget that we run this server out of our own time. We do what we can with the information we have. We receive reports and deal with them. We try to be fair at all times. That being said, our time is not endless. I personally have a lot to handle lately, both on heRO and in my personal life. You wont see me much in game these days, just handling this recent business has occupied more time than I had. Same goes for reading and answering this post.

We spent 2 hours Friday properly restoring buddha's champion and did her password change on the spot while she was online. If she had asked for the HP's change then we would have done it on the spot too, she probably did not think of it, nor did we think that the deleter also had password to her other account. She had asked both pass change to GM-Auron but we had not been in contact with him, if you send something to one GM it does not ensue that all the others know of it. As for her recent problems we are looking into it and clearly asked her for patience on the matter. Same goes for Silv, we said we were looking into the matter and would get back to him when done discussing.

@teox read the rules. Failing to report such major offense as botting will be punished if found.

In regard to general pass change, yes they have been long as there are other things to do and we are aware of the problem and apologize for inconvenience it may have caused. A new system is being installed and they should be dealt with quicker in the future.

Thursday I logged Jason's character to disband the inappropriate party name, I also changed a few guild title quickly. I did not want to stay on the char for too long, maybe I overlooked the ball of steel one because I went too fast, I admit I did those changes quickly, but it is only a title and will not be hard to restore so I don't find it worth complaining about. Perhaps I should have changed them all to be fair and let the future new leader get a fresh start at guild title.

We have no say in when people take the time and decide to report, we did disregard quite a few report on account of being too old or too "light" offense, still if we had given Jason 1 day for each offense he'd be banned for over a month. Many agreed that the punishment is too soft, he and his friend find it too strong, no one will ever always be pleased, we did what we thought to be right and fair, as we always try.

If anyone is under "scrutiny" it is the GM team, everyone tries to find fault with us, and easily forget that we do this for free, out of own time. Nothing we ever do is accepted by all, if we work on one feature, partisans of other awaited features complain, if we punish offenders their friends get in an uproar, if we don't it's the reporters who do. And after all we do, we get insulted, complained at, are constantly expected to spend our time fixing people's problem even when it is of their own doing. Sure it's our "job", but then this is also a free private server, so we also expect some patience and understanding. It takes good temperance to be in this spot, you have to all this negative stuff coming at you and got to take it all with patience, believe me it's not easy.

I believe the recent event were dealt with as much fairness as can be, you see the outcome and think it's unfair but it could have been much harsher or worse. People think we're out to get them unfairly, but we're really not. Often we decided to leave last chances where they were most undeserved, we try to believe that people can improve, we wish it with all our heart. Permanently banning is never a positive thing to do, unless it is for botters, we try to be very careful about them.

As for all the guild chat matter, swearing is not an offense in your own private chats, it is on main or public chat. What logs GM did check were to get further information, we did not go "look" for offense or monitor anyone's chat, we go look when there is a report and we need clarification. The racist comment of calling Bloody a terrorist was said in guild chat, but it was reported with a screenshot we did not go dig for it, it was sent to us as a report. Rules clearly state that racist comment are not accepted in any chats and since bloody is not your guildmate or friend and he finds offense to it, then it is not the same as 2 guildmates making joke of each other's race for fun. Even amongst friend you must be careful as we've seen bad situations about this kind of thing last year.

The offensive naming of "Baby Joose" was not discussed in private chat, it was in the open normal chat, at the fishing spot and clearly meant to offend. GM-Aki had ALL the name changes to handle at once, so it is natural she had not time to triple check them or read logs then. A report was sent to us how those 2 names were inappropriate still, and we investigated the matter. There is no setup to get Jason banned, it's his actions that are causing the ban, it's his responsibility alone, if he had not broken rules so often in the first place he would not be banned.

Respecting rules seems commonly very easy for the vast majority of the hero community, if you find it hard then heRO is probably not for you, consider moving. Maybe a PK server or just any server where they have no special rules on respect where it is allowed to insult and flame anyone and everyone. To each their own, but while on heRO you have to abide by the rules.

Last notes, I appreciate that this thread stayed relativly flame-free, thanks everyone I know lots made efforts regarding to this.

And finally, please please try to get some perspective, about this game, about how you are dealing with humans, including the GM team and all they do for you.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
03-09-2008 10:34 AM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

The name change for Baby Joose was taken at face value. Sure if someone had sent me a really obvious offensive name I would have refused, except I was there to help with the name change not police and second guess all the choices. But a player sent in a complaint about the name and we discussed it. When the whole PM I got sent was shown to all the GM’s then it was made clear that all the names were chosen to bypass the innapropriate name rules and yet seem correct. That is where we investigated further. And from what we found out, deemed the name innapropriate.??It was then deleted. That is for one char.

About Jason’s temporary ban, which is in no way related to the char name change, we received other reports from players regarding his actions. Jason decided himself that he was not going to follow the rest of the punishement therefore he called it a full ban. He has mentioned it in this thread himself.

The name changes where checked exept I do believe that players know how to read and they should be able to follow the rules. All the players in the original thread of innapropriate names got a warning right there, same as any other player, then a chance to change it, if you select a second name that was against the rules then yes it could and would be deleted.

It is mentioned that people don’t think it was an objective action by the GMs. Yet if the second name is shown to have been chosen with the intent to be offensive, I think it is clear that it was the decision of the player to break the rules.

Players passwords.
Because of the recent happening in the password changes requests, we are revising the password change procedure.

I would like to also add my thanks for keeping this thread flame free.

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
03-09-2008 10:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Quote:As for all the guild chat matter, swearing is not an offense in your own private chats, it is on main or public chat. What logs GM did check were to get further information, we did not go "look" for offense or monitor anyone's chat, we go look when there is a report and we need clarification. The racist comment of calling Bloody a terrorist was said in guild chat, but it was reported with a screenshot we did not go dig for it, it was sent to us as a report. Rules clearly state that racist comment are not accepted in any chats and since bloody is not your guildmate or friend and he finds offense to it, then it is not the same as 2 guildmates making joke of each other's race for fun. Even amongst friend you must be careful as we've seen bad situations about this kind of thing last year.

Thanks for clarification about the checking of our guild chats Pandora, this was the issue I had most concern about.

----
However, I'm not trying to unban Jason or Ryan, or anyone. I'm not in the position to argue for an unbanning which is why I didn't bring that up. I and a few others obviously also didn't agree with their actions in some way or fashion because I left LoA that morning *I'm not getting into that here* and Reaper left along with Uchiha Itachi/RobinHood.
I had to join back LoA that night because the other members needed to talk to me, so I joined back in with respect to the situation. We discussed several matters, but the one of joining a guild was the biggest one that concerns the community.

We chose Death Dealers as the guild to join for most of us. But already I'm hearing some calling it the new LoA? Wow, let old matters die guys, Tripp is by far no Jason, and relating us all to that is only pushing us away from the community again. I hope for some of you that you can get over such blind hate and just let those of us that are still here enjoy playing.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
03-09-2008 11:05 AM
ZeroEdge Offline

I disagree with a lot of the bans and comments made by the GM's. I'm not gonna go into detail but I'm leaving the server. I find this to be just a big excuse. Of course this is just my opinion, good luck HeRo, it was fun.

[Image: loabannerrk8.jpg]R.I.P.
[Image: image00116be6qd4gyce2.gif]
http://akaros.mybrute.com ;o
:Chars:
Kaloyan
ZeroEdge
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2008 11:51 AM by ZeroEdge.)
03-09-2008 11:06 AM
Wired Offline
Banned

GM auron as been Innactive for long , or been poping in game or on forum once a month. Yet each time I or a friend was asking how could we change a password to Pandora we always get the answer(PM gm auron with all your Info.) which lots of people did , yet I know a few people who been waiting for months and months with nothing done. Ex and I for an example. Yet did we complain to the gm team before that, No we didnt since we know that you guys have much to do but still we expected something to be done and also if I remember correctly I asked as a gm back(Ingame) to change pasword change responsability to someone else yet nothing happend.

theres been CP problems for Way to long to put blames on this...reading((* we are trying to repair the cp so you can change your pass yourself*)) isnt really an excuse for not changing pass for months. If the cp really been worked on for months does that mean that all this time pasword change were over Looked?

Anyone who got a pasword change In the last 6 month Please pm me I want to check if there is even any...
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2008 11:51 AM by Wired.)
03-09-2008 11:13 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

There has been pass change done, some have been very slow. Do not blame it on Auron because he's not the only one involved. Regardless, the issue is being worked on with a new procedure as we mentioned, because we fully agree it was not done in a timely fashion and wish to correct this in the future.

To the members of loa or other guilds who were not involved in any rulebreaking, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience the recent situation has caused and hope it will soon cease.

We wish everyone peace and a fun time on heRO.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
03-09-2008 12:28 PM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

I had a password change recently. Took about 2 weeks or so. And I kept nagging and nagging and nagging and bugging and bugging and bugging Auron + Panda for it.

The thing you guys are missing is: Password changes requires the "old" and "new" password to be sent to Auron first, he does his "work" and forwards it to Panda. Do you have any idea what does him having your passwords mean? He could access your account from another IP, and Pandora would have no idea who the hell did it.

This is a huge responsibility and the person doing it MUST be very trustworthy. I mean no disrespect to the rest of the GM team, but recent actions of other GMs' abuse and such make it even harder for Pandora to freely run around and throw "trust".

If only the **** control panel didn't go kaboom after the new svn Cry So don't blame Pandora for trying hard to respect your privacy Ok Blame Ben & Loki Love
03-09-2008 01:47 PM
Thread Closed