Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Crime & Punishment
Loki Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Crime & Punishment

and our point has already been that they weren't deleted due to urbandictionary.com but instead because they made the characters to bypass the rules.

Fainn unfortunately got caught in it, the GM-Team is restoring the character, so no longer any need to comment on it. Anybody continuing to bring it up is nitpicking.

[Image: Loki-Sig_zpsd461cd88.gif]
03-10-2008 05:15 PM
Find all posts by this user
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I am sad to see that the only thing people have seen as important to discuss in this topic is the issue of the names.

The issue of LoA's guild chat being watched really still bothers me and I feel it hasn't been fully addressed. Under what circumstances will GM's check logs of any chat of a player, or a guild, or a party? Also, can the players use things from outside of HeRO (example, forums of another guild) be used to report players?

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
03-10-2008 05:22 PM
Serenity Away
Serenity Now

Another thing I'd like to bring up is the GM team seems to think that by restoring a character after it was deleted will accomplish something. I think the act of deleting the character is discouraging to the player in the first place. The effect of causing unhappiness (I'm sure unhappiness is not the right term for this but I can't think of another term on top of my head so this will do) to the player and those related is far more reaching than you think.

Lify ~ Moon Light
-------------------------
Back from the dead once again.
03-10-2008 05:31 PM
thaibabylao Offline

Some of us spend alot of time roing, training, lvling, and hunting hard, while some of us dont. but me, since the first day i started Hero, i dont think there was ever one day that went by that i didnt log in. (unless the server was down) I play for the fun and days when i spent like 16+ hours on hero a day, so i worked hard for things that i have and worked hard for everything i am. everyone knows how active i am and how hard i work on my characters, and i do feel "unhappy" about what happened, and yea it is far more reaching then we what some think.
03-10-2008 06:32 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE:??Crime & Punishment

Aaronock Wrote:I am sad to see that the only thing people have seen as important to discuss in this topic is the issue of the names.

The issue of LoA's guild chat being watched really still bothers me and I feel it hasn't been fully addressed.??Under what circumstances will GM's check logs of any chat of a player, or a guild, or a party???Also, can the players use things from outside of HeRO (example, forums of another guild) be used to report players?????

We intervene into guild chats under these circumstances
-the day of Trial of Heroes (check for answer cheating, passing info about what monsters is in monster trial, trivia, etc)
-when "objectivity fails": when statistics will show both innocent and guilty to be the same, such as Silv's case regarding IP addresses showing up in other accounts that is not "Silvanel," the intention of naming. We go to conversation logs to see the context.
-when verifying the accusation of a report
-when verifying if there is 'hidden agenda' behind a report for the one reporting, if a GM(s) grows suspicious of this (hunting "rulesharks")
-random sampling of guild chat (for this one, we have nothing to say but 'trust in us'. Refer to my super long post that half the people here didn't read within this thread about it.)

Reports regarding ingame activities are always based on an unedited screenshots, unless a vast majority of server can all testify (such as extremely insulting statement on @main, where even if you got no screenshot, half the server heard you). We do not judge on how the screenshot is obtained from members, but as long as it is a screenshot of heRO and it has not been edited in any method.

GMs will not actively seek screenshots outside of their own in-game moderating time, playing period with their legits or guild forums that are within heRO server forum domain.

Do keep in mind that no GMs ever want to read conversation logs. I'm sure that Auron will agree with me that reading 33000+ pages of 16 million words (I think Aki tried to open the file but her comp just dies on her because it's that big) that are not in paragraph or has any blank spaces in between them is a royal pain to spend a week on. We will gladly use the time to do events or actually train our legits, like all of you.

I'm out of time as I need to head off now, I'll talk about emotional scarring next time.

03-10-2008 06:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
n3xus Offline

wussypuff Wrote:from what i can see, the names (other than fainn of course) are a no brainer as to the offensiveness of them. it's NOT THAT HARD to figure out what's offensive and what's not. yes, official RO may be teen. if hero wants to be all ages? then hero can be all ages and there's nothing to argue about since it's pandora's personal server, and pandora's decision.

Nice post by the way wussypuff, very thoughtful.

My original post was mostly meant to look at the gm team's hastiness in some of their decisions, fainn being the prime example. Pandora herself admitted that she acted hastily when wiping out guild titles. I was not complaining i lost mine. I was bringing up my confusion of why "iHax" seemed to be deemed more offensive than "Balls of Steel." This is what it looked like to me after logging in. I hope u can see how some people would find that a bit confusing and why I wanted more clarification on the rule change. This confusion would have been avoided if the actions weren't taken so hastily. I do understand that Pandora didnt' want to stay on the character too long. But when things like that happen, it only creates confusion.

I also wonder why a name change could have a harsher punishment than botting.

As for this being Pandora's server, I completely agree. Her server, her rules. But too many rules and players become too restricted. Not enough and players cause chaos. I just wanted to help define where that line is. If people think I'm complaining over nothing (as opposed to bringing up issues that should be debated), then tell me.

PS: If I wasn't clear, the only ban I was looking at in my original post was Silv's, no one else's.

[Image: asdfnx.jpg]
03-10-2008 09:19 PM
SwiftStrike Offline
teh fuh.

Sekaru Wrote:THIS IS HILLARIOUS!!!!!

A: I hate LoA and I despise jason but the whole ban for name/guild chat/previous offenses yeah I find it ridiculous honestly what happened to case by case justice like its like oh we'll let everything slide so that eventually he can stack em all up to hit him with the past.funny how this happened when no one could touch their precastIcon_razz

B: this really sucks without LoA theres no point to WoE lol.

$-$ Ding Ding Ding $-$

[Image: seifer.jpg]
03-10-2008 09:21 PM
Kikumaru Offline
I believe!

I'm not going to add a whole lot, since replying back to 6+ pages would take forever Sweat

So, I'll just touch up on a couple of things.

First: Follow the rules. The rules here are pretty simple to follow. If you break them willingly and think you can continue to do so without suffering consequences, well..think again. That doesn't happen here. It's like Loki stated (I believe this is what he said earlier anyway): "If you play with fire, expect to get burned" or something of the sort.

I don't think the GMs ask for too much, honestly. Someone makes an offensive name, then all these people come from the shadows like parasites and start lashing out at the GMs, claiming they are being too "harsh", and went to the extent of even claiming Panda was going on a "banning rampage". If you honestly think the GMs here ban people due to personal vendettas or they're trying to "get rid of them", then maybe you should take a look at the time, money, and effort they have put into the server for you to play on and think again, "Is this really the kind of attitude this person would have?".

So, ending this first point..I'll say, just follow the rules. Plain and simple. They aren't asking you to build an atom bomb out of bubble gum and a slim jim.

Second: I'll be honest. I'm getting sick and tired of hearing all of this about, "LoA is the server" or "WoE is nothing without LoA", "LoA this", "LoA that", you get my point. Anyway, moving on..Lordz of Anarchy is NOT the server. They were a group of people (just like you and I) that were part of the server's population, yes.

Some could say they were the strongest guild and that may be true, however..just because LoA is in turmoil at the moment does not mean the server will just suddenly collapse. Frankly, if you're so naive that you believe a server is run by just a guild and not everyone on that server, joining together as a community, then I think you may need to reconsider your beliefs.

I don't have anything against LoA at all, but..fact of the matter is..heRO started without LoA. This server was built without them and ran perfectly fine. That should prove to us that the server will continue to run just as it always has, LoA or not. I'm hoping people will just drop the whole, "Boohoo, no LoA means no WoE" or claiming that the server is going downhill just because LoA is crumbling.

WoE will continue just as it always has and so will the server. This is like the building of a multi-billionaire company getting destroyed one day and throwing everyone into panic, saying, "What will we do?! The United States is ruined!". It may have its effect in the beginning, sure..but like anything else, we will adapt to the situation and changes will be made accordingly. Everyone's world will continue to turn.

Third: Loki already touched up on this as well, but..don't be afraid to be called a reporter. If you're still worried about stuff like that, it's time to grow up. If someone is doing something which offends you or has a name which offends you, then send the report to the GMs and they will take care of it from there. Your concern is just as important as the next guy's (or girl's). We're all playing on heRO.

One statement, name, action, etc. may not be offensive to Person A, but to Person B, it may be another thing entirely. (i.e. saying: "What's up my *insert 'n' word here*?"). So, if you find something to be offensive..as I stated before, send the report to the GMs. However, just because I say this doesn't mean you should be unreasonable and nitpicky to try and prove a point or waste the GMs' time (like submitting a report about someone's name, "John" because you want to be funny and say it offends you).

With that being said..to sound like a broken record, I will say one last time:

Follow the rules, heRO will adapt to the situations accordingly, so there is no need to worry about it going downhill and whatnot, and report things which you find to be offensive as long as they are not silly reports *refer to John example*.

I think that about covers everything I want to sayIcon_smile

[Image: NagatoYuki.gif]
Nagato Yuki: Level 68/35 (Professor)
[Image: Kaiji-1.jpg]
Anime currently watching: Kaiji
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2008 12:46 AM by Kikumaru.)
03-11-2008 12:40 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE:?? Crime & Punishment

SwiftStrike Wrote:
Sekaru Wrote:THIS IS HILLARIOUS!!!!!

A: I hate LoA and I despise jason but the whole ban for name/guild chat/previous offenses yeah I find it ridiculous honestly what happened to case by case justice like its like oh we'll let everything slide so that eventually he can stack em all up to hit him with the past.funny how this happened when no one could touch their precastIcon_razz

B: this really sucks without LoA theres no point to WoE lol.

$-$ Ding Ding Ding $-$

lol great job you 2 pullin that out of your ass without knowing the story Icon_smile

keep spewing random crap guys. the people who matter know what really happened. doesnt really matter what u think. you guys are so cocky that u think this happened cuz youre the shit in woe. lolol.

on a separate note, its been said, but ill repeat it. no one banned them except themselves. why is ryan the only one who can own up to it?

(minus baby joose and fainn of course Icon_razz)
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2008 04:44 AM by teOx.)
03-11-2008 04:37 AM
SwiftStrike Offline
teh fuh.

Come'on teox...you're if you arent already flaming then your one step away from it. We all have our opinions, I can have mine, you can have you're ignorance just shown and immaturity to keep this topic from becoming a flame war. It's funny how I didn't directly say anything in that post but quote, and bold, maybe I implied something but you're the one that keeps:

teOx Wrote:spewing random crap...

Because What Sekaru said is a fact, We were all punished when we where holding Prontera and keeping it. No where in that post does it directly point a finger to the GM's saying that they banned them because of what was going on during woe. Is that not true?Or it must be random crap right?because its spewing from my ass,you're post is to what you believe I was saying. While I only implied, go ahead take it however you wish.

I've been on this server almost since it began, I believe I know what really happened and if not, I am at least moderately informed on the topic, but as you said:

teOx Wrote:the people that matter...

what does it mean to matter in a world of RO? Feel accomplished?, is it giving you your job, a social life? In other words:

Life>RO>teox(of course, teox this is an example...........)

even simpler way to put it RO is a waste of time, the reason I was already quiting and even after my 3 day ban, still quitting, but who knows some recreation once in a while is not bad, I doubt it though. Hell afterall I'm still here debating for recreation but I do believe I can still voice my opinion.

Thank you for your useless post, in which you spewed random crap, from what was implied without any real direction except yourself. But after all this is said and done you're right why am I wasting my time? You've proven a waste of time, heres some wise words...

teOx Wrote:come back to me when you realize my point and why i dont like ur post Icon_razz.

Infact don't even bother replying
, waste of time because:

teOx Wrote:doesnt...matter what u think.(took out the word "really" because it implies that you do have a voice)

but I do know one thing...

teOx Wrote:kinda jumped the gun there a bit...

Didn't you...

[Image: seifer.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2008 10:37 AM by SwiftStrike.)
03-11-2008 10:33 AM
Thread Closed