Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
*RolePlaying Character Background Thread*
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

RE: *RolePlaying Character Background Thread*

it died because no one roleplays anymore.

i'd post something, too, but i don't have any chars to RP with at the moment :v

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
03-01-2011 05:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

...I think we can get a small minority together to rp? I have a mate that I roleplay with daily over yahoo... >.>

[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
03-01-2011 06:06 PM
Heartache Offline
Ménage à Trois <3

Heartache woke up early this morning outside Prontera for the first time. Her life before this strange world was as an entity in Valhalla, working with other divines to help fallen soldiers enter the afterlife. Shortly after what mortals refer to as 'recorded history' began, Heartache's job became increasingly difficult, and she began to lose her spiritual link to Valhalla for reasons she did not yet understand. In the earliest battles between Hestia's Light Allegiance and Erebos's growing army of dark souls, Heartache was dismissed from her role, and went through an eternity of living in between worlds, with not enough power to transcend back to the heavens, and no possibly way to descend to Rune Midgard Kingdom and live amongst the mortals.

In this timeless place between worlds, Heartache traveled wherever she could, subconsciously learning the way of human life, until she was eventually met by a minion of Erebos, known only as Glyph. He awakened her to a new level of being, where she was overwhelmed with memories of her past, and upon talking to Erebo's minion, she learned of how her soul was forgotten by the Allegiance of Light for thousands of years, and left to a half-life of loneliness and suffering.

Glyph allowed Heartache to live out her eternal life amongst the mortals, at the cost of her soul being corrupted with unspeakable evil, and so she wakes up outside Prontera with no memory at all. She spends the first day of her new life doing the only thing she can truly understand; which is to follow the path of light and bring love and kindness to the world. She becomes an acolyte and is invited into a brave guild, the Knights of Justice. She gets a job teleporting the higher level members of the faction to different castles for a so called 'WoE', and takes the time to practice some basic magic spells. She dreams of being a High Priest and is eager to experience this world, unknowing of the power that lies dormant within. Granted to her by the lord of darkness himself, this power will grow until Erebos calls upon Heartache for an important task...

Hope you like my backstory!

[Image: 2zxz52r.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2011 04:24 PM by Heartache.)
05-01-2011 04:20 PM
Vahn_ashwood Offline
O_o All glory to the hypnotoad....

Once, long ago, there was a man that loved the tree of Yggdrasil so much he had climb the boughs and never wanted to come down. This man was named vahn, and he enjoyed life in all its aspects. As he climbed, he could see to the far reaches of valhalla, from the mountains of asgard to the entrance of Hel's lair itself. But as he stopped a moment to watch the fields on which the warriors fought and died just to enjoy the fight, he saw something that didn't belong. a small band of people seemed uncertain of their location and under provisioned for the situation.
He patted the branch next to him and spoke briefly to the Yggdrasil tree and knew that his love would have to wait, for his life was to help those in need and bring peace and happiness to the realm in any way he could. He leapt down from the high place, without fear of the fall or the warriors below, laughing even as he felt the rush of wind around him. A valkyrie saw him and lent him an arm, aiming him across the torrent of battle towards these people that were becoming overrun. The warriors were quickly dispatched, but as he felled the final enemy, he found the people that he had saved were but an illusion, a trick to bring him down. Something or someone hit him in the skull and the world of stars enveloped him.
"Vahn, wake up! we got to get goin!" He heard a voice call to him, and awoke in a low lying branch in the small town of Amatsu. "ugh, again with that dream...." He groaned, slipping out of the branch and sitting near his friends. This was his life, one of small teams and for the most part, contemplation alone, dispatching creatures for others. "Alright, I'm coming. " He picked up his blades and grinned, running into the shadows. This was his life now, but the future was never already written. "Lets see what the shadows reveal..."

Yoink!
[Image: x6nexl.gif]
Chars: BK SinX, Swordie, GS, Asura Monk, Ninja
05-01-2011 11:11 PM
Heartache Offline
Ménage à Trois <3

Nice story! I need to do much more HeRO wiki reading before i pick my allegiance..

[Image: 2zxz52r.jpg]
05-03-2011 03:29 AM
WanderingWordsmith Offline

As far as archers went, the man was by no means impressive. He hated sticky jungle heat, he couldn't stand the dry deserts, and even the magical meadows surrounding Geffen were teeming with biting midges and huge pupae. That, and his grudge against the one Poring that ate all his arrows was still simmering like a pot under an Archmage's fire.
He looked away from his book and saw a small boy staring at him. The man sat up from his bed on the bench. "Can I help you?"
The boy fidgeted and averted his eyes. "My- my mom says you're a disgrace."
He smiled. The boy was one who frequented his favorite haunt, ears always open for more of his tales. "A disgrace? Why does she say that?"
"You're an adventurer, right?" the man nodded, "So you should be working for the King... at least, that's what my mom says."
He shrugged and ruffled the boy's hair. "Tell me something. Would a wanderer walk anywhere if he was required to stay on one knee?
"Um... no?" the boy asked, unsure if the serious expression on the man's face meant his answer was the right one.
"And would a wordsmith write anything if he was required to say only what someone wanted to say?"
The man's expression didn't change. "No...?"
A gentle smile slowly spread across his face, like an amateur painter nervously brushing her canvas for the first time. "Then, as a wandering wordsmith, would it be right for me to stay on one knee and say what someone wanted to say?"
"N-no," the boy whispered. The man sat up and patted the boy's shoulder. There was an air of understanding in his look, from the messy auburn hair and the lazy, green eyes, that assuaged the boy's fear.
"Exactly. You go tell your mother that, alright? Tell her that a wandering wordsmith is a disgrace, only when he has no stories to tell. When you get back, I'll tell you about the time I visited Morroc."
"Yes sir!" the boy hurried off, smiling proudly. The wandering wordsmith chuckled, lay down, and opened his book once more.
05-17-2011 11:55 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

A young boy with light blue hair, almost as light as snow looked up to see into the curious eyes of a young thief. The boy gave her a gentle smile as he held out his hand as a hint for the thief to claim back what she took from him. With busted expression the thief had no choice but to reveal the small broken pinwheel she took from the clown. The clown stood up, and patted the girl on her head. As he turned his back on her, he reached for his mandolin from his back and slowly stroke the strings.

He started to play a slow melody as one from an old fairy tail. The thief sat down and observed the boy who's voice was as beautiful as his face til he opened his mount to sing the words;

"Now this is the story~
Of one young girl~
Who ran away from her parents house
Not older then 13 she was at that day
When the demons showed up from her past~

Hiding in a small archer village~
She was up for a difficult task
Change her identity for a more greater cost~
Never able to let down her guard

As she let her heart guide through the arrows she shot~
She eventually got shot by the arrow or love
As one became two
The adventures only became more of a must~

New fields, new friends, new jobs~
Even after a while a commitment trough rings
As she never thought she could be more happier in her life~
She once again got chased by her past

But after all she did no longer stood alone~
Yet she could not finish what bothered her for her own
She choose to flee with her love~
To once again, regain the happiness she once had in her heart"

As the clown finished the melody, he turned his face back to the thief. He looked her in the eyes with the same kindness as he had before and told her; "I'm sorry, you can not have this". As he held the tiny broken pinwheel between his thumb and finger and looked at it as it was something dear to him. "This is something precious, its a part from a friend." The thief looked at him with questioning eyes, and as he saw the look on her face he began to talk once more; "Do not worry, she is dead nor is she a memory. She is as i sang in my song, she is just looking for the happiness she once had in her heart".

And before the thief knew it, the clown was gone form her sight. All that was left of him was a small melody and the beautiful voice slowly disappearing into the borders of the desert. She knew that day, she would never forget the boy nor his song.

(First time i actually wrote a 'background'/role play story, be gentle on me please ;-; )

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
05-18-2011 01:52 PM
CapitalVoii Away
Manny Pacquiao FTW

Wow, i read a lot today :D. I had fun reading your stories. I wish i can write like you guys. I'll try to work on a story for my heRO character and see what happens. I'm still a beginner on the whole RP world, but i'll try my best.

B>Stems,Fabrics,WSS,Blue Herbs. Look for Voii on main.

IGN:
Havaianas 9x Creator *KoJ
Quandary- 9x Sniper *KoJ
Bad Voii-9x Champion *Guildless
RIP-Everleigh Ray-9x BS *Guildless
RIP-Ray Everleigh- 9x Wiz  *Tea Time
RIP-Voii-9x SG *Guildless
RIP-Anemic- 9x Hunter *No Time for Tea
RIP-Ray Voii- 99 Sniper *KoJ
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2011 08:21 PM by CapitalVoii.)
05-21-2011 08:19 PM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

ever since i first joined i'd been wanting to write one of these, but i keep on having the urge of killing my characters when they begin to mature, so i have no solid character to begin with. :/

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
05-22-2011 09:29 AM
CapitalVoii Away
Manny Pacquiao FTW

lol i have the same thing in mind. I need to gather my thoughts on this more. I'm like, how do i start this lol. I tried reading tutorials though i need to let my creative side work more on this. =/

B>Stems,Fabrics,WSS,Blue Herbs. Look for Voii on main.

IGN:
Havaianas 9x Creator *KoJ
Quandary- 9x Sniper *KoJ
Bad Voii-9x Champion *Guildless
RIP-Everleigh Ray-9x BS *Guildless
RIP-Ray Everleigh- 9x Wiz  *Tea Time
RIP-Voii-9x SG *Guildless
RIP-Anemic- 9x Hunter *No Time for Tea
RIP-Ray Voii- 99 Sniper *KoJ
05-22-2011 09:36 AM