Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
*RolePlaying Character Background Thread*
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: *RolePlaying Character Background Thread*

Once upon a time, there were 5 ancient sorcerers, each living in a corner of the kingdom, they had much power, but they disciplined themselves to conceil this power and only use it for the good of the people of Rune-Midgard.

Together, they ruled the kingdom from the shadow, much more than the king Tristan or Hestia and Erebos. Invisible to most, they only appeared briefly once in a while to help indivuals in need or to cast their blessings on the adventurers.

One of those hidden sage was nammed Pandora, she had lived for centuries, had stopped counting the years long ago and could barely remember the all the names she had gone by over the time. At some point before being called Pandora, she had been a wizard of high rank.

Under the blazon of the lys flower she and her friends had fought together in numerous wars all over the land. They had conquered many castles, but also lost many of them, still they never gave up, fighting until the very end. Until eventually, all this warring seemed without a point. Many of her friends left, most scattered in different directions.

Eventually she stopped fighting, she simply wandered the land, time passed and she forgot her former name. She chose to be called Pandora and joined with 4 of her deerest friends from those long ago battles, together they swore to serve the kingdom to the best of their abilities, they called themselves... the heRO GMs Icon_wink

I was bored so I started writting a little story of my own Icon_razz

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
12-16-2005 06:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jubei Offline
Chairman

GM-Pandora Wrote:Abandonned children, or orphans are very popular in roleplaying games, not sure it's about lazyness of writting a past, I think it has more to do with being the "stereotype" of the hero, the person who started with nothing, but conquered all on its own.

Heyyyy, i wasn't an abandoned child! I was just a drunk Novie hobo that happened to poke things and accidentally became a supernovice!

[Image: hl101.jpg]
12-16-2005 09:11 PM
Lucky Day Away
|| Lead Farmer ||

I actually don't like the abandonment stories. It's sad that someone would rather write a story without parents then with some. Icon_confused

Lucky Day | Master Smith| Western Grace | Order of Chaos
[Image: 2rhpoqu.png]

I just rode into town. On my horse?

You betcha on my horse! Icon_mrgreen
That the thing in the Old West Times..
Everybody enjoys a good horse ride.
12-16-2005 09:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

Lucky Day Wrote:I actually don't like the abandonment stories. It's sad that someone would rather write a story without parents then with some. Icon_confused

Atleast mines actually based off truth Icon_cry

12-16-2005 09:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lucky Day Away
|| Lead Farmer ||

RE: ??*RolePlaying Character Background Thread*

Manifus Wrote:Atleast mines actually based off truth Icon_cry

Poor Neo, your story made my mind cry Icon_cry

12-17-2005 02:44 AM
Hina Offline

You guys mite find this one interesting Icon_biggrin,
but its long so be patient =D
its more of a novel/series kinda final fantasy type story line,
so you can expect a huge series if at some point someone makes a
story thread Icon_lol.

*Edited!*
(somehow all the "s and periods got turned into question marks XD)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a quiet afternoon, the birds were chirping, kids were running around playing in the fields, all in the peacefull town of payon.Every thing was scerene, all until my sister screamed at the top her lungs breaking my peaceful day...
"GARTH!!!!!!"
I fell off my bed and hit my head on my books.
arth there you are I've been looking all over for you, anyway mom wants you to get some mushrooms from the forest behind the village for diner. Here, take this bag to hold them. You'll need about 20. Now off with you. Taking the bag without question I was off. I lived an simple life, Nothing exiting happened, but I liked the quiet.

As I was on my way to the hills.
"Hi Garth."

"Hey Hina." It was Hina; we've been friends since we were kids.

"Have no fear Hina the skilled Healer is here!"She may be a Healer but,

She wasn't such a great one. She never quite got the hang of it. Her enchantment spells usually ended up catching the grass on fire; she only really had the hang of healing magic at the time.

"Ok you can come along." Since I probably wouldn't be here right now, had she not come along.

"Ill protects you from the monsters." She smiled. She used like to act superior to me, but she was always silly about it.
"I can take on these monsters too you know." She always treats me like a kid.
"Ya I know I just came to help."
"Come on then." I said
I had lived in the village long enough to take on those monsters no sweat, but
It's not easy to kill a monster with a giant stick, I would have had a sword, but since the war was going on then, they were really expensive so my dad said he would get me one when he came back.

The mushroom picking was all fairly routine for a while, walk around, goof around, play in the trees, fight some monsters, and find some mushrooms, I remember Hina was picking flowers near an oak tree, at that moment, I never really noticed before but, she was actually very pretty, her hair, a long bright red, she had a smile that could settle almost any dispute, I was completely mesmerized by her for a moment, I snapped out of it when a rock came whizzing by my head and hit a large Willow monster behind me. It seems so vexing now. She gave me a big scolding about it, though I never thought about it much at the time but, she had saved my life. I thanked her but; I never really gave much thought to it. I realized at that moment that i had feelings for her, and now I can't get her off my mind.

But, Things didn't keep to the usual routine that day.
Right when Hina was about to grab the last mushroom, a group of bandits jumped out from some near by bushes, taking us completely by surprise.
One of the bandits had instantly taken a wide sweep towards Hina with his sword,
I was so dumbfounded when they had jumped out, but I got a hold of myself just in time;
It was really close, but I swung my stick as hard as I could at the bandit's sword.

Usually a sword would have simply cut threw any stick like butter, but my stick was made of a very sturdy loom tree branch, it was almost unbreakable. It was a great substitute for the sword I didn't have.

The bandit, who had just taken a light swing, was taken completely by surprise; the huge force of the parry coming from such a small kid must have blown his mind. His sword went flying into a near by bush, he was knocked back. This made him very angry, and slightly embarrassed, to be overwhelmed by some kid like me.

"Stupid kid, you're going to regret that!"Hina stepped in front of me.
"I'll make you eat those words!" She furiously began to charge up a Fire ball.

I was surprised; I had never seen Hina so angry before.

"Oh? What's this? This little girl thinks she can play with the big boys?" Another bandit Snarled.
"Ill make you regret that!" I yelled. I glared straight into the bandits eyes. He seemed surprised to see me stand up for her.

"You don't know what you just got your self into ki-"
While the bandit was about to finish his threat, Hina had been still sitting there cooking up more than a bag of peanuts. The bandits had been watching me while she was charging it. She had been sitting there reading a scroll for the whole time and conjured up a fire ball almost the size of a small boulder in her palms.

"Awaah?" The bandit was so mesmerized by it; it was already speeding towards him before he realized what was happening.

*Whoosh*

The fire ball was more unlike anything Hina had conjured up before; it was even bigger than the fire balls that were cast by the Spell warriors of Caratacus's army. My dad had told me about them before the war.

The bandit was thrown so far by the force of the fire ball,
I had thought he was dead. But he was only unconscious.
He was thrown into a near by tree, his forearm badly burned and his clothes singed.
The other bandits, not ready to make the same mistake of underestimation twice, were no longer interested in chat.

"Alright men, lets get them!"

Hina was on a roll that day; she simply turned to the nearest bandits and sent a couple bolts of fire towards them.
"Hey, leave some for me!"I gave Hina a slight glance and smiled.
"Just try and keep up." She almost seemed to be enjoying it.
One bandit was heading for Hina; I quickly swung, two-handed at his shin.
It must have hurt, because he let out a sharp yelp and instantly grabbed his shin.
Two of the bandits were already unconscious from Hina's fire bolts.
There was only one left.
Hina began to charge up a fire ball, and I tightly grasped my stick.
He fled..... I certainly know I would have.
"Are you ok?" I said to Hina, who had seemed totally unfazed by what had just happened.
"I was about to ask you the same thing."She smirked.
"That..was...SO cool!"
"Yea, I wish we would get jumped more often." We both bust out laughing. It actually wasn't that funny in the first place but, I couldn't help but laugh anyways.
"We better get back," I said "our parents are probably worried sick by now. By the way, how in the world did you shoot fireballs?!?!"
"Im not sure, santa gave me a bag of scrolls for christmas last year.
"Really? all i got was these lvl 3 healing scrolls"
"haha" She smiled beautifully again, i started to daydream.
"Garth, we should get back"
i snapped back to reality
I grabbed an extra mushroom.
"There that's all of them, now let's go back." The walk back was quite uneventful. We mostly kept talking about the upcoming camping trip.

I was so excited about that trip...

I got home shortly after.
My Mom appeared and startled me.
"Thanks a bunch Garth; I just don't know what I would have done for super...oh! Garth did you pack for your trip yet"
"...." I completely forgot to pack. The trip was like a camping trip except with more traveling involved. We were supposed to go all around the island, visit alberta, exploring the forests, climbing cliffs and stuff.
"Hey where'd Hina go?" I just noticed that she was gone.
"Oh your friend? She left just a few minutes ago."
"Well I guess I better get packing."
I quickly ran up stairs and did my 5 minute packing frenzy; I almost always forgot something.
After that it was already really late, so I went to bed.
------------------
End of Chapter
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2006 03:26 AM by Hina.)
12-24-2005 04:28 AM
Lucky Day Away
|| Lead Farmer ||

Good story, Hina! Hoping to hear more soon Icon_wink

12-25-2005 10:38 PM
Hina Offline

If i can sum up the time and imagination to finish the next chapter,

i deserve a cookieIcon_lol
--------
i showed my english teacher,
and she said she had no idea what was going onIcon_mad
btw she has no imaginationIcon_lol
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2005 05:20 AM by Hina.)
12-26-2005 05:11 AM
Kaoreii Offline
I wonder as I wander out under the sky

zomg. I'm finally getting around to this because I suuuuccckk. :D

--

Kaoreii:

To say that Kaoreii was without parents would not exactly be the truth. She would not see or know her parents until years after her birth.

She was born outside the city of Payon to a young, flaming-red-haired assassin by the name of Tiana Pyrina. She was the result of a single night of passion between the assassin and another, and Tiana felt that she could not keep the child. She stayed with her infant daughter the first night of her life, and she carefully burned a mark -- a small flame, the insigna of the Pyrina family-- onto the back of Kaoreii's left hand. Tiana did not consider what she was doing abandonment, for she had every intention of returning for the girl when she was older. As the sun rose, the assassin kissed her infant on the forehead, and left her in the center of Payon, with only a shirt-turned-blanket and a small peice of paper with the girl's name on it.

To say that Payon was the best place to abandon a child would be quite the stretch. And as the sun rose, Kaoreii cried and caught the attention of the residents. She caused quite a commotion, for such a little thing. Some said throw her to the wolves, some said hunt for her mother. But an older archer saw the small mark on her hand, and decided that perhaps they should raise the girl. His logic was that they could mold her from a young age into the perfect archer, to perhaps rid them of the zombie problem in the northern caves.

As Kaoreii grew, she indeed became the 'child' of the entire archer's guild. She was very quiet and determined to not make trouble. At age seven, she was given her first bow, a play one to cut her teeth on. She was a horrendous archer. She had no talent for it at all. The wolves discussion was starting to return when the archer who had saved her gingerly switched the bow in her hands, from her right to her left. From then on, she grew to be one of the most accurate archers in the guild.

At age sixteen, Kaoreii experienced romance, in a fashion. A young man from Alberta, wealthy and spoiled, came to become an archer. He realized that Kaoreii was in VERY well with the leaders of the guild and decided to try and do this the easy way. He began to woo poor innocent Kaoreii, who soon was wrapped around his finger. And while the boy was a spoiled brat, he was not very smart. With the help of her 'father', the man who had saved her, she saw him for what he was. When she confronted him with this, he was smug in affirming her accusations. He demeaned her before deciding that archer class is worthless, and he left. The entire experience rattled Kaoreii, and she resolved to be more careful with her heart.

At eighteen, Kaoreii decided to begin her journey. The night before she left, her 'father' told her to not look too hard for her mother, for she would not like what she found. Taking his words to heart, like she did always, she left Payon in bright spirits. When she reached Prontera, she was soon lost in the entirely foreign experience. She got turned around so many times in the large city that she often times just sat in the center of town and watched the people go by. It was there she met Risa, a young acolyte from Geffen with a very similar problem. She and Risa grew very close, and to the eyes of the chruch, closer than two women should ever be. After travelling together for about a year, the two had become lovers. The church refused to stand by that, and while they could not punish Kaoreii, they did punish Risa. She was burned at the stake as if she were a witch. It was then, watching the column of smoke from the other side of Prontera, that young Kaoreii vowed to never love again. Full of hatred for the established church, she focused all her energy into her training, and soon became a huntress.

---

That's sooooo enough to start with. :D
12-29-2005 12:41 PM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

Updated mine some. For those who wanted to read. I meant to get a lot more done...but I was watching Princess Mononokee (Who would have guessed that would come on regular cable out of no where?)...and then spirited away came on while I was working on my update. After hearing so much about it, I got distracted. Icon_lol

I'll still finish it though! One day.
01-06-2006 04:21 AM