Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Inapropriate Chat in Main
wussypuff Offline
dancin' like a MONKEY!!!!!!!!

RE: Inapropriate Chat in Main

there's actual funny conversations and then there's looking for attention....

which one do you think this was?

i'll give you a cookie if you get it right Icon_razz

[Image: Gardenfishing2.jpg]
03-14-2008 11:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seil Offline
Hi floor!  Make me a sammich!

Quote:Plus, thinking of new members; I wouldn't think you would welcome a new member with cursing. He/She would leave.

Everyone is a little different. While I don't have a problem with what is said, I do agree with Rhino here - it is against the rules, and you were supposed to read those rules on the forums, and in the Novice area before you started to play. If you are playing, it's a binding contract stating that you've agreed to play by the servers rules and the GM's have the right to deal a punishment based on the offense and nature of the rule breakage:

[Image: rules1.jpg]

That being said, I do not agree with you taking an opportunity to single out a player. I agree with Fao - I've seen Zeekio spam @main with phrases like: "ghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghg," and it seemed to me that he just wanted attention. Why not just quietly ask an admin to review his behavior?

Seil - Acolyte
03-15-2008 10:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Goop2 Offline

wussypuff Wrote:there's actual funny conversations and then there's looking for attention....

which one do you think this was?

i'll give you a cookie if you get it right Icon_razz

I dare not say.

[quote=Seil]
Quote:That being said, I do not agree with you taking an opportunity to single out a player. I agree with Fao - I've seen Zeekio spam @main with phrases like: "ghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghg," and it seemed to me that he just wanted attention. Why not just quietly ask an admin to review his behavior?

I saw a board saying 'Reports,' and made the thread before realizing a PM could be better. It was an honest mistake.
It is also common knowledge that he has a history of this sort of thing. Anouncing publicly that which everybody already knows makes little difference, but merely brings in discussion as to how to deal with it.
03-15-2008 01:25 PM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

Goop2 Wrote:Besides that, this report was not made about language.

but that is what he was muted for non? I find getting muted for saying f*** is ridiculous thats all everyone swears yes you can keep it out of a game and can avoid swearing but seriously he was telling a joke and one person said things against it while others went along with it.. shouldn't the ones who went along with his joke be equally accused for suporting and ACCEPTING such language? I don't really think its a serious enough crime for that to happen but then why be punished for such a minor crime?

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2008 01:38 PM by Sekaru.)
03-15-2008 01:38 PM
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

I personally couldn't care less what form of profanity a person uses because (in my opinion) anyone who uses profanity in the place of proper punctuation really needs to get a life, HOWEVER, that being said, it is still against the rules.??To whit:

GM-Pandora Wrote:Be respectful to everyone
Insulting, the use of swears, discrimination, racism, sexism or any other offending comments may result in jail or ban. That goes for everywhere, especially on the Main Chat for everyone to see, keep it clean and insult-free! There is a person behind every character and he/she deserves proper respect just like you.

I shouldn't see how GMs should treat any one player differently because you gave a startling defense for them.

Hi, don't whisper me please.
03-15-2008 02:45 PM
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

Speaking of being bottom and thus indirectly talking about anal sex over Main chat is apropriate? I think not. Next time, read all the chat in the screenshots before acusing of being muted only for saying f*** (which is also, after all, unacepted).

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
03-15-2008 03:58 PM
Goop2 Offline

Sekaru Wrote:but that is what he was muted for non? I find getting muted for saying f*** is ridiculous thats all everyone swears yes you can keep it out of a game and can avoid swearing but seriously he was telling a joke and one person said things against it while others went along with it.. shouldn't the ones who went along with his joke be equally accused for suporting and ACCEPTING such language? I don't really think its a serious enough crime for that to happen but then why be punished for such a minor crime?

HOLY RUN-ON Oh My God

Again, this had little to do with language. This was about semi-graphic sexual content. I made a point to name no names. If someone was singled out for this, I take no responsibility.
03-15-2008 04:05 PM
rams365 Offline
Paradox Divided by 0

OMFG HE WAS MUTED FOR 30 WHOLE MINUTES. Honestly, who cares, he was muted for 30 minutes. Big deal.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2008 04:41 PM by rams365.)
03-15-2008 04:40 PM
noah18cars Offline
The Dude With The Car And The Hair.

Can someone point me to a server that isn't geared towards 5 year old kthx

Zboy Nubcake Clown
Fathom Nubcake Monk
Other Nubcakes
Stupid is the new cool. Go with it.

[Image: priceless3yj.gif]
03-15-2008 05:36 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

lol i agree with sek completely except for one problem

sek if you allow cussing its gonna be too much xD.

you make it illegal so people only do it 99% of the time instead of 100 Icon_razz
03-15-2008 07:31 PM