Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
fish problem...
xMADx Offline

fish problem...

Ok before i begin, let me say that i always have problems whenever something new comes up, like a new patcher, something new to instal or whatever...i just plain suck with computers and i don't understand just about anything that has to do with specific language...so this all might be due to my incompetense or mi not instal something correctly and therefore i ask that you do not yell at mi because i did something wrong T_T, i can do that by myself heh...

ok so here's the thing, since about 3 days ago, mutant and angel fish are being mean...first, their icons don't show in my inventory, there is still the words ''mutant fish'' and ''angel fish'' but no picture of them, when i right click on them i get the usual description window, but without the picture in it...when i left click on them though...thats where the annoyance begins, RO simply crashes! So now i can't click on them, move them and, obviously, use them. it wasnt so bad when i only had them in storage, i just thought ''bah, whatever let them rot, i'll use salmons instead'' but now the problem is:Salmons alone dont last forever so i went fishing and got loads of mutants/angel...and these things are heavy. So now i'm overcharged with item that if i try to move away or get rid of...will make the game crash.
So anyway, if someone could help mi out here, i'd be grateful, even if its a GM destroying them from my inventory, that'd still be awesome at this point. i seem to have patched everything there was to be patched, even Sakray and RO and i can't seem to find anything about this on forums... so i'm running out...no wait, i've run out of ideas here.

thanks in advance
03-15-2008 01:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Crashy Offline

RE: fish problem...

In one of the latest heRO patches jsut a few days ago the fishes got new icons, so are you sure that you've updated heRO?
03-15-2008 01:21 PM
xMADx Offline

yeah! trouts and Bass are fine, they orange and yellow now...only mutants and angel are being problematic...then again i'm pretty sure i must have done something wrong with this update since no one else has had any problems with that...
03-15-2008 01:24 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Make sure you DONT have a data folder in your RO folder.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
03-15-2008 02:04 PM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

Yeah.. could be a data folder or a problem with your Data.ini
But odds are that if you can connect to the game then it isn't a data folder or data.ini problem.

Data.ini should look like this if you open it:

[Data]
0=heRO.grf
2=sdata.grf
3=data.grf

You most likely just don't have the files.
Do you have any .rgz files in your RO folder?

Angel and Mutant got new look a long long time before the trout and bass got their new colors. One example of how you could have missed this patch would be if you never patched when those fish were changed and waited soo long that the GMs took that patch off of the patchlist. The next time you patched it would skip that one.
However, you said the problem started 3 days ago which points toward something with the more recent trout and bass colors. This shouldn't affect Angel or Mutant unless something was done in the more recent patch to change them. It could have been corrupted or something while downloading to you. Or you could have quit the patcher before it was done. Either way just download this file and place it in the folder you have heRO installed into.

Link will show up once it's done uploading.

Fully Updated heRO.grf: Here

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2008 04:16 PM by Kadar.)
03-15-2008 02:11 PM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

also make sure you have kadar.ini folder .. its retarded but nice to have.

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
03-16-2008 11:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

A new installer was released yesterday, might wanna try that and see if it solves your problem Icon_smile

~ Server Admin ~
03-16-2008 12:12 PM
xMADx Offline

ok well after following Panda's first advise, i deleted the data folder in the...well whatever it is place it was in...and it worked! Now as much as i like it having been this easy...i'm even more confused than before, how the hell can deleting something solve a problem like this?...thats beyond mi XD. But anyway, i greatly appreciate you all helping mi out here, thanks! Now excuse mi, i have fish to eat and bubbles to look at <3
03-16-2008 12:52 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

That's because the client will look in the data folder first, that folder probably was from another server. Our files are in heRO.grf

~ Server Admin ~
03-16-2008 01:37 PM