Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Homun and Party Shared EXP?
JFKH Offline

Homun and Party Shared EXP?

I was wondering if it is normal that when partied with people and if your homun does more dmg or kills the monster it doesn't share with the rest of the party?
03-24-2008 01:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

RE: Homun and Party Shared EXP?

the homunculus eats a section of jexp (and gains exp similar to the bexp) but only from you yourself. At least that's how I think it's supposed to work. I haven't verified (or had cause to before since I usually solo homunc level)

Hi, don't whisper me please.
03-24-2008 02:20 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

While it isn't in party,I still have a question about Hom exp. When I hit the same target my hom is hitting, or has hit, it seems like I get less EXP then if I let the little bugger solo it. Why is this?

Like against muka, I want to get some of my job exp back from the consecutive kills over and over and over but when I stab it, I get 203 base exp, 404 base exp, 281 base Exp, regardless on wether or not I did the most damage, whereas I get the full 1.3k from letting it kill it with me playing support (which it doesn't really need on such an easy opponent)
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2008 08:30 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
03-24-2008 08:29 PM
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

when you killed it by playing support only did you in any way, shape or form damage the muka with your player character. even 1 damage?

if so then this is somewhat odd, because homunculus isn't supposed to eat your base exp, just your job exp (but gain levels on base exp).

03-25-2008 11:52 AM
Serenity Away
Serenity Now

I think the problem is somewhat resolved (I think). Before if you damage the monster a little, both you and your homun get less base experience (from the screen anyway). Now, if you damage it a little, you get the full base exp (one from your damage and one from your homun damage). At least that's the way it seems to me. If you need screenshot or something to clarify, let me know.

Lify ~ Moon Light
-------------------------
Back from the dead once again.
03-25-2008 12:47 PM
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

oh yes, that reminds me. When you damage the monster and the homunculus finishes it, it splits the exp into two sections. one without jexp and one with jexp. the one without is the exp the homun gained/gave to you, and the other is the part you did.

03-25-2008 03:34 PM