Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
heRO Leveling Parties!
Loki Offline
Posting Freak

RE: heRO Leveling Parties!

Not that my point will matter but I guess I need to argue against it.

The idea is that the gm buff/heal slave the party. A songs effects doesn't last very long unless the song continues to play and the person stays inside the song's cast area. On top of that, majority of people in the 85-95 party only came out with 3% or MAYBE 1 level in two hours. I'm sorry how is that unfair to legits O_o, most others could get more than that in two hours other ways, the fact was whether or not they had fun doing it.

The songs weren't so h4x it was a gm clip up until the last 30 mins or so when I felt the need to at least make it up to those higher level characters for them getting killed due to the abyss' party wanting to run every which way. At the first party 65-75 through two hours of work the max I heard anyone got was 5 levels, I know people who could get much more in two hours. On top of that if levels could be lost by the amount of times dying that would equate out to roughly 1-2 levels lost for the 65-75 party and maybe pushing 1 level for players in the 85-95.

One player in the 85-95 party ONLY got 3% out of the whole thing (when you add up what they gained - what they lost), ugh yea, that's SO unfair. I spammed the apple song only because we had no real priest, we had casters and melee people, the insta cast/aspd is the side effect of the clip and even in the case that the clip ISN'T worn, the cast time would still be practically non-existent.

Quote:I promise you it will not happen again.

You know what, it won't, because no offense I'll either a) stop doing events all together which will result in me being demoted or b) step down if this is how much of a hassle it's gonna be. Everybody thinks it was oh so easy for everyone to gain exp in this but failed to look at the whole story, if they got 3% by it then it helped speed up what might have taken them 4 hours condensed into two. After all not everyone levels like a bloody or other hardcore gamers.

If a normal bard was there they would've done the same, people still got slaughtered, they refused to work as a team. Even with a GM bard there you still need a strategy regardless of what you all think, you will still run out of sp, what happens then when you run out of sp and get mobbed?

Anyways I'm done, nothing I did was outside of the rules stated, I merely wore a gm clip and slaved as we were told.

[Image: Loki-Sig_zpsd461cd88.gif]
03-27-2008 09:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Your point does matter dear Loki. Let's call it a misunderstanding, we had not precisely set how these events would go, now we're clearer ^_^; gm clip songs are a bit too much.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
03-27-2008 09:44 AM
Loki Offline
Posting Freak

Kiaro Wrote:We couldn't die, we could only win, no effort pure exp.

Couldn't die, why did I have to use @raisemap so much then in abyss? heck I even had to use it a few times at odin. A few skeggiolds even managed to take you out, the difference between the odin party and the abyss party was:

a) it was smaller
b) it didn't mob nearly as bad as the abyss party did.

Even with those buffs, you CAN and WILL still die. If you couldn't then 3% wouldn't have been all some players gained.

Quote:Your point does matter dear Loki.

sure as heck doesn't seem like it <_<, but as I said I'm done, I just won't do anymore you all can do it. My only purpose was to do this before ToH to help players maybe get that extra level they needed to actually take it on, but since I got more complaints (as it seems I do with every event I'm in) I just won't do any more.

03-27-2008 10:09 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Loki, I appreciated the party. It was more fun than soloing Rachel, although it was WAY slower. With party share on and two parties, I got almost no items, and I came very close to losing exp (had to leave before we went to Odin's), because people kept running around and pulling dragons and then dying and dropping them on me and then @raisemap would raise me right in front of them.

I'm not saying that me losing exp was your fault, and I'm not even being negative - I had fun, which is more important to me than exp gain. But to everyone who says the party was unkillable, I certainly wasn't... though this may have been because I was constantly saccing hp to supply our priests with SP so you all could stay alive.

Either way, it was fun and, at least for a 90 trans, did not result in above-average exp gain (I came out around 1% higher than I started - which could have been done in about 1 minute Rachel Sanc solo) - it was just a fun time, which was good.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
03-27-2008 11:07 AM
JFKH Offline

I kinda have mixed feelings about this event. I am fairly new to heRO, but I figure this is more like an EXP event rather trying to get people to party with other people.

Here is my experience, I was in the 65-75 bracket, we went to rachel and everything was pretty good at the beginning. Exp wasn't too bad, wasn't too fast either just good old mob kill in a big group. As we went through rachel got to the MVP, and boy did we get owned... A LOT! haha this is prolly first and most likely the last time I was gonna see Gloom ever again. I am sure everyone at least lost 10% + exp from dying there, eventually MVPed it and gained back most of it, if not leveled from killing it. Later, we decided to goto Magma dungeon, which I feel was a big mistake... When we got recalled there our number shrunk and our killer count dropped significantly. Nightmare terrors are by no means easy kills, nor do they give good exp for the effort to kill them. Sure it is mobby but we seriously lacked killers, no offense but Super novis and regular chemists are there just to leech exp. We eventually found Skoll and well that was just a waste of time and exp, I believe the party was down to 1 sniper, 1 sage, 1 gunslinger, 1 wiz, 1 SN, 1 or 2 sins, and 1 chemist. Hmm not sure if there were any one else but those are the few that really stand out in my mind. Anyways, time ran out and we didn't finish Skoll, again died several times. From this event I gained about 2 levels in the end. (was 74)

My take on this event is this, it was a fun exp event with GM guide through various places. I seriously doubt people would actually be willing to party with some of these jobs though. If I were to make a 3-4 man team I would NEVER have a group like sin, sniper, wiz, sin... Oh yes forgot to mention in my group there were no priests lol... I mean come on any serious team should have a priest. Anyways, back to the point the chemists ugh those kinda turned me way off, they would either get in the way and die a lot drawing the GM's attention away to go res them, or go off alone and die somewhere then ask GM to go res them. Do they throw pots? No. Do they cast bolts? No. Do they use any sort of skill? No. So what good are they for? Ummm yea they were there to leech exp and items... I mean at least the SN would try to cast bolts, sure they did like 200 something but at LEAST do something. Which is why I don't think of it as a party event, but a exp event. Was it fun? VERY! I never seen GM skills before and boy were they fun haha I enjoyed most of the event until we went to Magma.

My role? If you are wondering who I was in the event I was playing my Wizard, yes the only wizard in the group. He is my alt not my main, I was there to have fun with a friend don't care if you mock my skills lol I did a ok job I thought instant cast, 0 cool down was very fun, ran out of sp sooo fast though. I am pretty sure I was close to MVPing Gloom, not sure who got it though.

Past exp event experience. Like I said I am fairly new to heRO but there have been past exp like events. Like I remember when Mystra hosted a zombie killing event we all formed parties to kill waves upon waves of undead, which is free exp right? lol that was fun because I was on my ME priest, but the problem with that kind of event is, there is no share range. Everyone doesn't get equal exp just the killers. Those who cannot kill ended up dying or support and get nothing out of it. Maybe its fun to them I dunno. I remember Ayu also hosting a monster killing event. Again on my priest, and again same rules applied. This time I didn't get much exp because I cannot kill non-undead/demon types. So I would support with blesses/agi ups. In these events GMs would only res the dead, 0 support. I thought these events were fun, again only problem was that it wasn't party friendly, just killer. I dunno if people prefer to have these kind of past exp events? or just to throw them away? But I personally, enjoy them whether it is this one or a past one.
03-27-2008 11:26 AM
Loki Offline
Posting Freak

it's meant to be an open party with the intent to gain exp and I personally would've felt bad turning away a player just because they were a certain class.

So it's mix of both a party event AND exp event. I'm glad both you and azure enjoyed it, but I won't do another one I'll leave it to Ayu/Pandora.

03-27-2008 11:59 AM
Kiaro Offline
Schadenfreude

My reference to 'couldn't die, couldn't lose' was about being at skeggs with 140k hp, 190 aspd, insta no cooldown. A level 1 novice at that point would not have died. The reason we died in abyss was because the party was entirely sloppy, unorganized and running all over the place with little regard to strategy, since a 4 person party can easily control abyss 3 with careful forethought and execution. Also, in abyss we were 'only' getting 190 aspd, zero delay instacasts and 31k~ish hp, at skeggs it bumped up to about 140k~ hp and spammed on and off apple to throw 14.8k~ heals.

No one learns anything about how to party by having GM powered buffs - I already know you can kill the majority of the game with an instacast wizard with no cooldown. This is why a difficult mvp like gloom could be overpowered by a (probably poorly geared) level 65-75 party, who have no business touching him.

Anyway, regardless of how well everyone did it's still wrong, since people's inability to perform in a party is not their fault. In the end, I made about 40% faster than I could usually get it. If I'd made one percent, I'd still say the same thing -- I got it for free, without effort, unfairly. My homunc also got a level or two, but there ya go. Then there's the drops, we coulda get what was essentially hax'd odin's blessings.

So yeah, I can see the place for having a GM casting priest buffs and regular heals with usual restrictions or adding songs or dances to a party to help it go smoothly and be the stabilisers until the party can ride on its own. Running around with buffs that legit players cannot have is unfair to legit players, period. It's an advantage given to one player over another via GM powers that no one else can access. I fail to see how it would've been any different to just manually @level my character with the exp we received from skeggs, as there was the same amount of risk reward, strategy, and GM involvement in either case.
03-27-2008 03:37 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Sorry the experience was not enjoyable overall loki. Btw that forum title you got is more suiting for me XD

About my leveling party tonight, every class is welcome, we'll find you a way to contribute to the group. Be in al de baran on time (8 PM) it's gonna be a first come first serve, I like punctual people, I'll only do a reminder broadcast 30 minutes prior to the event.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
03-27-2008 03:48 PM
Loki Offline
Posting Freak

Pandora Wrote:Sorry the experience was not enjoyable overall loki.

It's fine I won't do it again as I said, so I won't need to worry about it.

@kiaro - while you gained 40% people who worked hard to get where they were at before the party at most only gained 1-3%. I find that quite fair in terms of making up what the original party caused them to lose. It DOES matter how well people did, maybe not to you, and maybe you're looking at it from a much different light, but take that 65-75 party for example before anyone could get exp (which happens to be capped at 1 level for any experience gained) they probably lost anywhere up to 20% if not more just to gain one level, which that 20% might have taken them a long time to get, btw there was also a 90+ in the group that got the MvP for Gloom, none of the 65-75 did, had it not been for him I think all the 65-75 more than likely would've ended up getting all the way to 0%.

Kiaro Wrote:A level 1 novice at that point would not have died.
even with GM buffs the novice would die in one hit a GM would have to have 0 lag and be spamming apple non stop without switching songs at all because any one switch would've slaughter the novice, your example was poorly chosen.

Kiaro Wrote:No one learns anything about how to party by having GM powered buffs

I have to disagree, regardless of the GM being there or not you still had to have a strategy going anywhere, the group to odin actually knew how to work closely together and it wasn't until we were almost out of time that I started spamming apple, I especially felt a need to make it up Chaos (the sage?) since he/she lost more exp from the first party's inability to function as a team. On that note I spammed apple mostly when I saw the sages/priests sitting down because i knew the skeggiold would then kill you had I not, while it is not a bard's job to act as a priest, it was my prerogative to act as such.

Anyways doesn't matter now, nor will it matter in the future, just for you and all others because I decided so I just won't do another one or hold any events Icon_wink

Pandora Wrote:Btw that forum title you got is more suiting for me

feel free to take it, I didn't put it there, it's the default ;P

03-27-2008 04:41 PM
Fayth Offline
Grand Inquisitor

Man. The only people that didn't die, were the ones that stayed back and hit once or twice. I died plenty of times, and I was healing. -_-

[Image: 2001838130831427569_rs.jpg]
03-27-2008 04:43 PM