Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PETWEM
Seil Offline
Hi floor!  Make me a sammich!

PETWEM

PEOPLE FOR THE ETHICAL TREATMENT OF WORLD ENDING MONSTERS

After watching Sasquatches burn to death in a wall of fire, Smokies bludgeoned to death by orbs of energy and Holdens pelted with fire raining from the sky, I thought that it had to have some affect on my Sage, Seii. From watching a six foot tall Preying Matis, or an animate, sentient Dirt Clod burn to death, I'd think that Seii's got to be in therapy for a little while.

Now - when I card hunt, I tear apart the monster population looking for the card. Mass monster genocide. So if I want a Panda hat, I'll go after Sasquatches, and end up murdering hundreds, if not thousands for their leavings. I realized that I was a poacher. In real life, I'm completely against cruelty of any kind. Anything mean, hurtful or spiteful to anyone or anything, because I view that as wrong - even though I break that rule sometimes. (As well as regularly play games like Silent hill and Bioshock.)

Now, if farming makes me a Poacher, that makes me uneasy about killing animals - especially if they're un-aggro. But then it occurred to me that the monsters are respawning, and thus, prone to the problem of over-population... so it was a duty to kill said monsters. But I'm still unsure.

What do you guys think?

Seil - Acolyte
03-30-2008 04:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fudashi Offline
finds your lack of faith disturbing.

RE: PETWEM

Bear in mind that the monsters wouldn't respawn unless you were killing them, they'd go about their monster lives peacefully.

You never see these so-called "monsters" attacking each other, do you? If these "monsters" are aggressive, it is because excessive hunting by players has made them so.

So, bearing that in mind, and in my role as a dark hero, I say: More monster killing! More slaughter! Remember, slaughter is the laughter that begins with an S!

[Image: jacksig.gif]
JackOfShadows - Lvl 95(!) Rogue
Jack Of Mice - Lvl 83 Wizard
Jack Of Trades - Lvl 80 Blacksmith
03-30-2008 05:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Goop2 Offline

I think PETP is more practical.
People For Etical Treatment of Plants

Science has proven that plants are infact conscious beings, yet we continue to raise them, just to eat, burn, shred, smoke, etc. Far more plants are raised for the sole pourpose of consumption, than animals. Due to this, many plants have been endangered, or even gone extict.

Just as I refuse to wear fur, I also refuse to wear cotton.
I won't wear polyester either.. we have an oil shortage right now.
03-31-2008 02:12 PM
Darzinth Offline
Viral

Then what DO you wear Goop2?

.Viral:6xAssassinCross .Lilith:7xPriest
[Image: ViralSig.jpg]
04-02-2008 09:12 AM
Goop2 Offline

Who said I wore anything? D=
04-02-2008 11:09 AM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

I wear the handcuffs of experiments past.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
04-02-2008 04:09 PM