Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Really Fun Builds
Seil Offline
Hi floor!  Make me a sammich!

Really Fun Builds

I don't have this gear... yet - but I do elsewhere, and this is my favorite Priest build:

LEVELS: 87/56

Upper Headgear: Marionette Doll, Marduk Card
Middle Headgear: Empty
Lower Headgear: Cigarette
Armor: Saint's Robe, Marc Card
Weapon: Bible
Sheild: Buckler, Medusa Card
Robe: Muffler, Frilladora Card
Shoes: Shoes, Sohee Card
Accessory: Ring of Appraisal
Accessory: Clip, Cookie Card

Marduk - Immune to the Silence Status
Marc - Immune to the Frozen Status
Medusa - Immune to Stone Curse
Frilladora - Grants use of Cloak Lv.1
Sohee - Maximum SP +15%, SP Regen +3%
Cookie - Inflict 10% more DMG with Holy Light

Strength: 5
Agility: 60
Vitality: 35
Intelligence: 100
Dexterity: 1
Luck: 1

Because my VIT is low, I'm vulnerable to status ailments - but since I've got immunity cards, that worry is gone. I've got enough VIT that I don't have to worry about being one-shotted, while at the same time I can concentrate on my AGI, which helps with my Flee rate so I can dodge more. My INT is high, because I've got an FS skill set, which, along with my Sohee card, allows me to actively buff and heal myself, while at the same time raining down anti-buffs on my enemies.

My offense is lacking, but with my Cookie card and high INT, I've got a little bit of oomph - but I'd need scrolls to back myself up. One of my biggest frustrations in PvP was trying to get off a scroll and to be interrupted and have my scroll used up... but with my high AGI and FS Skills such as Kyrie Eleison, I can shoot off a spell or two without hesitation.

I like cloak. I do. It's a fun skill - and it really helps in WoE to be able to get a Priest by undetected. Plus there's the fact that if you're supporting a party, and you get a bigger mob than you had anticipated and everyone dies, the Priest can cloak until the mob leaves in order to resurrect their party members.

I'm thinking of substituting a Smokie card (Grants use of Lv.1 Hide) for the Cookie card, but I like this build. All I'd need to finish it off would be a Blinker, Incubus Horns or Mini-Glasses/. (Though I'd still need a slotted headgear for my Marduk card)

Seil - Acolyte
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2008 12:48 AM by Seil.)
04-03-2008 12:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

RE: Really Fun Builds

might i suggest a valkyrie helmet? 5 mdef, 5 def and a slot.

Hi, don't whisper me please.
04-03-2008 12:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seil Offline

That might be interesting, but that's a lotta work. (>>) I'm lazy.

Seil - Acolyte
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2008 01:04 AM by Seil.)
04-03-2008 01:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

Personally, I think stun would destroy this build. Flee seems useless on a priest, as they dont have any passive skills that give flee. At 99 as a high priest, with 60 agi, you're still only looking at around 150-160 flee. Every high level char will be able to hit you, regardless. Casting offensive spells with 1 dex would be a waste of time.

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
04-03-2008 01:45 AM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Mari Doll - Low def

Get Biretta[1], Golden Gear[1] or Spiky[1]

----------
Middle headgear - There are many useful things you could use here. Opera Mask or other Masks. Many masks give 2 def

----------
Bible? Why Bible? Holy light = Magic atk, if you want to do decent dmg with Holy Light, you need a Rod. Most Rods increase matk by 15%. Don't tell me that's not helpful >_>

----------
Your very low dex will make Holy Lighting stuff a very boring and useless task. Against players you can forget killing them. Your cast will be broken so easily. The speed of buffs like KE or Magni is way too long, once again, easily broken cast. Either make up for the slow cast by Phen or get Dex.

---------
For the agi part... lol is all I can say >_> When you're done with this build, tell me so I see you in action or fight you. I'll understand the idea from the Agi better then.

Level 87/56? You're a high priest and you're using that gear o_o ?
04-03-2008 01:52 AM
wussypuff Offline
dancin' like a MONKEY!!!!!!!!

however i believe it aids in heal spamming (heal is based on aspd now, right?)

and this is not seil's first priest nor his first server. his build did very well at our last stomping grounds.

can't wait to see you back in full swing, seil :D

[Image: Gardenfishing2.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2008 01:53 AM by wussypuff.)
04-03-2008 01:52 AM
Seil Offline

This isn't on this server, and I'm not a High Priest. (>>) But even if I was, I'd be using most of this gear - it's not who has the best gear, it's how you play the class.

I understand what you're saying about the Rods - a Bone Rod would probably work best. The HL thing is why you get scrolls. Instead of... what - 500 odd DMG, you can get in a few quick hits with Firebolt, Frost Driver, or Soul Strike.

As for the Marionette Doll/Middle Head Gear, I do wanna have some individuality in there. I'm going to go the shallow route, and choose something based on looks rather than what it can do. That being said, it's not the gear that makes a player great, it's how the player uses the character itself.

This build helped me to kill a Crusader or two, as well as an Assassin tonight. I'm liking it so far, even though I just changed stats about an hour ago.

EDIT: Thanks, Fao

Seil - Acolyte
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2008 02:02 AM by Seil.)
04-03-2008 02:00 AM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

If you aren't planning to use HL as a dmg method, why the Cookie card? There are many other useful accessory cards you could replace Cookie with.
04-03-2008 02:31 AM
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

Do you plan on pvping in those exact gears?

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
04-03-2008 02:42 AM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

If you're going to be a stealthy FS HP, don't bother with VIT. Not that you'll have full flee in WoE.

You may not get 1 shot but you won't be dodging much either.

I can't really say much since I only use HP as secondary, but if it works it works.

Seil Wrote:...and choose something based on looks rather than what it can do.
Woot! Less clones.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2008 08:50 AM by Ultima_Pi.)
04-03-2008 08:50 AM