Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kanon ( 2001 - 2006 )
Taiyaki Offline
Amy-chama <3

Kanon ( 2001 - 2006 )

First of all...I am surprised with a GM as a Kanon addict this doesn't exist yet, but I'll leave that alone because there is one now!

This series was originally an Ero-game, and then was produced during 2000 into an anime tv series that was released in the year 2001, using early, computer animation that was really bad...but the story still rocked! This would create a small underground "Uguu" Cult only to be rivaled by the cult of "Auuu" for years to come...Then, in the year 2005 they released the news of the recreation and rewriting of a new Kanon tv series, originally released under the name Kanon Prelude, later to become known simply as Kanon 2006. This was a marvelous release with its beefed up animation and the slight changes made in the drawings that gave the characters more of a glow added on to actually going further in depth to each characters personality! ( Yuuichi was lacking so much in the original anime release... ). The story remained the same, but with double the number of episodes they got so much more accomplished in doing what Key Studio's does best, getting the characters into your heart and then ripping your heart out to give it a good stomping before putting it back in and saying "Somewhat a happy ending!".

Ayu has always been my favorite Character closely followed by Nayuki! I even bought my own Taiyaki Pan to make my own Taiyaki thanks to this series, now it sits with my dango pan, and other cook ware...

If you haven't seen it please give it a chance and enjoy it!

!Join me at the Karaoke Bar!
[Image: 2GGYORB3QMEVEIAMZOEQRBKKBAL65GQP.gif]
04-08-2008 01:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: Kanon ( 2001 - 2006 )

Mainly because I was playing Clannad and only finished it on Sunday XD; If I got time out of moderating, I'm playing (and sobbing my way in) Clannad =P But to be truthfully speaking, as much as I really like it, I don't consider myself an 'addict' to Kanon that I am to Clannad now. I do annoy Pandora every lunch time to watch Kanon instead of doing work though XD;

Kanon 02 was beyond horror ><; I still find Yuichi to look ridiculous and... yeah things just aren't as cute, and not only to the animation. The script itself is simply not as good as 06, and that's no fault of computer animation.

If you didn't cry in the "middle" and the "end" (I'll be vague for spoiler reasons), I doubt your humanity Icon_cry

Hm favorite character... I actually like Yuichi more than Ayu. Without him (and Tomokazu Sugita to be his voice XD) and his excellent character, it doesn't really support or build up each girls' path as well as it can be right now. As much as all the girls are adorable and all, Yuichi is really not given enough credit in how he brings out the best sides of all the other female characters.

(I rather want the Dango pan than taiyaki pan though Icon_cry )

04-08-2008 03:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Altaire Offline
zzzz

Omg Kanon lolol. I have the whole series on my computer, and it's been there for a good 3 years now. I haven't finished watching it yet xDDDD I just kinda stopped halfway.

D: I'll finish the series when I have time, or watch the re-animated version during the summer. Perhaps then, I can join in with the raving xP

Altaire-High wizard | Sabine-Sniper | Shenkena-High Priestess
04-08-2008 07:04 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Ayu and Cucu are forcing me to watch this, honestly it's not really my cup of tea, but it's not too bad either. Uguu~ Icon_wink

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
04-08-2008 09:40 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Watch it or else >_<

(Altaire watch the 06 version!)

04-08-2008 01:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fayth Offline
Grand Inquisitor

lol.. i saw a bit of it; didn't like it too much. I'm actually pretty varied with anime and manga i watch and read... I've probably read more shoujo manga than any other guy x_x

[Image: 2001838130831427569_rs.jpg]
04-08-2008 04:46 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Fayth Wrote:lol.. i saw a bit of it; didn't like it

Whatever is said in the rest of your post is obviously irrelevant, as you have committed blasphemy already =O

(Slice of Life show really is not for everyone because of the lack of 'stuff' going on... some people think seeing how Yuichi wake up is filler waste of space, but that's the small things I appreciate that makes you believe that the characters are who they are.)

04-08-2008 07:23 PM
Fayth Offline
Grand Inquisitor

it's Slice of Life... and I've read a bunch of them.. I get tired of them after reading too many. Except Salad Days. I could never hate that thing.

[Image: 2001838130831427569_rs.jpg]
04-08-2008 08:10 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

You want a nice slice of life, watch Honey and Clover I & II ^_^ I'm not really a fan of slice of life anime, but I enjoyed that one.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
04-09-2008 08:53 AM
Taiyaki Offline
Amy-chama <3

Honey and Clover...AHHHHH!!!!!!

ahem...I watched Honey and Clover and I liked it up to about towards the last 6 episodes, then it just pissed me off...I can understand being confused and indecisive but they took it way too far beyond that...

Kanon is actually classified as a Drama/slice of life series >.>

!Join me at the Karaoke Bar!
[Image: 2GGYORB3QMEVEIAMZOEQRBKKBAL65GQP.gif]
04-09-2008 11:51 AM