Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Beggars.
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

RE: Beggars.

i told him to come to alberta to talk with me and he did.
the problem here is the GMs need to define basic.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
04-27-2008 04:29 AM
Find all posts by this user
Seil Offline
Hi floor!  Make me a sammich!

[Image: 20041105.jpg]

That being said, playing as a Priest... oh my god. Some players can be annoying. One of my friends loved to chat with friends in Prontera, but because so many players were bugging him for heals/buffs, he spent all his time sitting in other towns, whispering to his friends. (><)

And now, the Opinion Hour, with special guests - Priests:

Quote:Prontera Square- If you ask my name and ask real nice for a heal/buff. I will be accodomating. If you give something I need for a buff(blue gemstones/holy water/zenny) I don't care if you harrass me til kingdom come I will be glad to help. random buffs/heals in pront square I will say this. Move out of the way. I have countless time buffed/heal that didn't want it bc they were in my way of someone who did.

Proper way to ask- "Heal Please?" May I please have buffs/heal?"

Wrong way- "Heal me now" "Yo Priest heal/buff me" "Heal PLZ"

those who ask the wrong way I put on list and say never. Also if you never want a buff/heal and I accidently do it pm me and tell me. easiest way to insure you don't get buffed/healed.

Outside of Pront Square/on mob maps- I help people with buffs/heals so If I ever do it pm me and I will be glad not to waste my sp. side note- with Mana Recharge I waste no sp to buff in batte maps.

Parties- Grand Cross paladins, I can't heal you repeatly, cast ME(before I transended), Holy Light, or buff/heal others if you constantly do it. Asking me to buff in middle of battle is also a no-no. I will write your name down and never party with you again. other party members, If I am buffing people don't move. I hate chasing people down to assumptio them. Also, if you party with healer and can't share xp, don't freakin' call dibs on items esp. if there is a lot of you and then the healer gets nothing. I already get nothing in terms of xp and too get nothing of the loot makes me just want to sit in pront square talk and heal/buff people. Also in mid battle, please don't group together, It is harder to heal if you all are in the same square.

Quote:Another thing that makes priest life tough is people who, once they've been aglilty uped run away, leaving you to fend for yourself. Cloaking, hiding and running away from a priest all decrease the chance of survival. Why? Because I can res you and I'm cheaper than leaves. And yelling at a Magnus priest for doing nothing for ten seconds after every ME? It's the cooldown. People tend to lose their ability to keep aggro and not die during those ten seconds. All skill goes out the window and they just sit there and let demons tear up the poor priest. The sin who's mainly the target knows who he is and should know I'm sorry for ranting that hard.

Quote:Yes, I have to agree, thank you for adding this topic. Usually I get request every so often, and I don't mind, 'please' or not, you can get what you want from me. Just don't stutter or come up like '*pokes* Uhmm...' Spit it out. I don't like to waste time.

I may seem pretty horrible. But there's a rush with Priests. And don't. DO NOT. Ask me to farm cards for you. Because, I don't have time. I have my own things to do too, consider that. IF I come by the card or item, I will announce it as so.

This still applies to respecting our fellow Acos as well-- Be nice. They've not yet developed as much SP as the Priests. So do not rush in and ask them to heal several times. They need SP. (We love SP recov items.)

DO NOT pester. Saying 'heal?' or 'buff' more then three times is enough. We might be afk. And no hard feelings if we do not buff you. As support class, we deserve our times worth. And you deserve your heals and buffs should you need them. Don't PM me personally. It's not like I'm your personal heal slave. You can ask in public, don't be a baby. Chatrooms-- don't make chat rooms that say to 'heal' or 'buff'. One: It's dumb, and two, today, everyone has been asked NOT to fill the square as if it were a river with fish of chat rooms. It's harder to see things.

Also keep in mind that some Priests may be in a ME build also known as Magnus Exocismus, and they cannot provide as great buffs as a full support. That applies to any class. Especially Alchemists, Creators, Blacksmiths, and Whitesmiths(whether there are any yet, or not) that want boosts in item tempering, and/or creation.

Lastly; do not use us for your own advantage unless we also gain something in part. It's dishonorable. If you have any problem with what I have said, PM me personally. Don't bother other people with the issues I have started.

Quote:Let me say this: Regardless of what Mondt says, it is not an aco/priest's responsibility to heal you. It is not their responsibility to make certain that you don't die when you pull too much GGD than you should have. It is not their responsibility to heal or buff you in town.

It's nice when they do, and it speeds up leveling by a ton and a half, yes, but, I, for one, am just bitter enough to stop healing and buffing ENTIRELY if I get this kind of entitled attitude from anyone.

Don't whine because you aren't getting your heals and buffs. Sit there and heal like a normal person. They aren't required to keep you buffed. Don't whine because priests are watching you die in GGD. Don't pull things you can't kill. They're probably trying to conserve their SP so that they can kill things and level--besides you killing crap down there is hurting their experience rate. They've no reason to heal you. If they do, great. If they don't--live with it.

Quote:I love the priests who buff in town. But I have one request. Please ignore people who drop in and go BUFF PLZ, HEAL PLZ and spam it over and over. that BS is annoying, and everytime they get buffed that way, their wretched behavior is rewarded.

Quote:I do this sort of thing too, usually with question marks. That's my biggest hang-up. Without the question mark, it seems like you're making a demand instead of asking a quick favor. And if all else fails, I also cast the level one buffs that wear off as soon as they're out of sight.

Of course, on the other hand, it kind of creeps me out when people get all "If you don't mind my asking, may I please have some buffs, if it's not too much trouble for you?" I'm just buffing, not writing your term paper.

Offhand, there are people who don't like being buffed without asking, so I personally don't go around buffing everyone in sight, and recommend the same for everyone else. I still AGI merchants with carts, though, because walking slowly is just tedious.

Bitter? Me? Naw.

Seil - Acolyte
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2008 04:01 PM by Seil.)
04-27-2008 03:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

*Points up at Seil's post.* That is one of the two reasons I don't play a priest. The other reason is that I'm terrible with support classes.

=_= This kid is guilty of more than just annoying priests though. And quite honestly, it's clear he doesn't understand enough English to play on this server. Having poor English is one thing, outright not understanding it is another.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against people with poor English. I DO have a problem when they're on a server that requires you to be able to understand and write it though. And yes, "basic" needs to be defined in the rules. This entire thread is why.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
04-27-2008 04:26 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Will deal with him next time I see him on, or another GM is welcome to.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
04-28-2008 08:33 AM
Seil Offline
Hi floor!  Make me a sammich!

I'm willing to act as translator, depending on what language he speaks.

Seil - Acolyte
04-28-2008 12:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

Judging by the fact he managed to become a Wizard, I say he doesn't need a translator and is just playing the idiot card >_>

~Characters~
Champion

Alchemist
04-28-2008 02:55 PM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

you cant say that for sure. and i think i mentioned siel he speaks vietnamese

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
04-28-2008 08:44 PM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

thecursed Wrote:you cant say that for sure. and i think i mentioned siel he speaks vietnamese

If he managed to get through the Wizard test, which requires quite a bit of reading as there's a quiz portion (2 quizzes if you fail the battle part), then I'd think it'd be pretty darn safe to assume he can read English.

I also HIGHLY doubt he has a Vietnamese guide to RO open at ALL times >_>

~Characters~
Champion

Alchemist
04-28-2008 09:00 PM
Eoika Offline
Quitter

Fruityla Wrote:I also HIGHLY doubt he has a Vietnamese guide to RO open at ALL times >_>

I had an English guide to RO when I used to play kRO all the time.

Eoika: 9x/50 Full Support Priest
Akioe: 7x/4x Dagger Rogue

Wanting something doesn't make it real...
04-28-2008 10:00 PM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

Eoika Wrote:
Fruityla Wrote:I also HIGHLY doubt he has a Vietnamese guide to RO open at ALL times >_>

I had an English guide to RO when I used to play kRO all the time.

You have no idea how tempted I was to look for a Vietnamese guide after I posted that >_>

~Characters~
Champion

Alchemist
04-28-2008 10:13 PM
Thread Closed